“Tandoori Bitten but not in a good way”
Review of Tandoori Bites

Tandoori Bites
Ranked #154 of 249 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Indian
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Tandoori Bitten but not in a good way”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Atmosphere beautiful, service efficient, food not so much.
I went for the first time with a friend, as I like to consider my self a foodie. Eager to taste Indian food, I plowed ahead. Needless to say, it taste like under seasoned boiled meat with jar sauce. In my heart of hearts I know Indian food can't be this bland. I ended up taking my food home and it ended up in the trash.

“First Visit - Won't be the Last!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Enjoyed a leisurely, relaxed weekday evening meal with two friends at Tandoori Bites. All of our questions were answered completely, with the manager and wait staff making suggestions and recommendations. The service was excellent -- not rushed. Food was fresh and flavorful. Atmosphere was very special -- not at all what you would expect in a retail strip mall! Can't wait to go back.

• Visited October 2012
Greenville, North Carolina
“Must Visit In Jacksonville!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

My wife is a big Indian food junkie. When she decided for us to eat her, I was all in. The food was wonderful. We ordered the meat platter for appetizers, a full-size tandoori chicken with bastimi rice that came with Nan, and delicious Indian drinks. The meat was flavorful. The tandoori chicken was juicy and delicious. The nan was fresh and handmade handmade. I drunk the Kingfish beer, which I liked very much- Very hoppy.
The service was ok. The waitress was great, but I had to ask for my check to pay.
Overall, if you want something exotic, fresh, and delicious, this place is for you. Highly recommended!

“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

What a great change from the chain restaurants in town. We ordered 2 appetizers, 4 entrees and the variety bread basket. I can't think of any suggestions for improvement. The meats were moist and the sauces flavorful. The samosas were some of the best I've ever eaten. The portions were ample. The service was great. The restaurant is nicely decorated and you are welcomed as soon as you step through the doorway. This is a must for locals and visitors.

2 Thank Teagirl51
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Excellent food, reasonable prices!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food here is very good. I am not used to Indian food, but they assist you and you can have it with as little or as much spice as you like. They are very helpful in letting you know about the dishes they serve. Don't be surprised with the small amount of rice they give you. Just ask for more. They want to make sure you have it hot. Great atmosphere, too. One of my favorites in Jacksonville!

• Visited July 2012