“Friendly staff excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sunset Inn

Sunset Inn
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Friendly staff excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stay here a couple days a month and I haven't even thought of going anywhere else. Numerous restaurant within walkingss distance. Walmart is very nearby also. Texas Roadhouse Applebee's Waffle House ruby Tuesdays Logan's roadhouse. Outback

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Paintball0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

There is not enough space for me to write about all the things my husband and I found wrong with this hotel, if you can even call it that. We were only in the room 4 hours before checking out at 11 pm to go to another hotel because there were fleas in the bed. The tv/dvd player did not work properly and we were told that if we wanted to watch anything on the dvd player we would have to buy our own component cables. You could see daylight around all edges of the door and the locks barely closed, so we did not feel safe in the room whatsoever. And to top it all off when we went to the desk to ask for a refund for the night we would not be staying, since we had made our reservation for two nights we were told my the "manager" Michelle that it could not be processed because we were in the room for a few hours. We told her that we would be reporting to the BBB and that we wanted a full refund for the second night we were supposed to be there but were not, and we said we didn't even want a full refund for the first night, a half refund would be fine since we understood that we were in the room for a short period of time. I asked to speak to the property owner/manager and she told us that he "didn't do well with this type of thing" and that there was no number for us to call him at and he wouldn't be willing to speak with us. The room rate was 150.00 per night and was no where near worth that. We went back in the next day and finally got a refund for the second night and a partial refund for the night we left early. Upon getting the receipts for the refunds the property owner was there and started shouting at me, in another language that I did not understand, so we took our receipts and left. My husband and I stay at hotels quite frequently since I travel to see him since he is in the military and this is by far the worst experience we have ever had. I would not suggest that anyone stay at this establishment, poor customer service and an utter lack of respect and common decency. Horrible!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank A M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I came at Jacksonville for meeting my friend at military base, Cample jeune. The hotel is at good location just 10 miles away from base, there are also good restaurants and bars at walking distance. The rooms and nice with new furniture. The beds are comfortable too..I am surely staying in this hotel whenever I come there to visit again!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank david_mavs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

The staff was friendly. i awoke in the night to find bedbugs. I have pictures of the bugs. I have bites. I was given a refund, and told that there are no laws protecting me from this. I will not be staying there again. I would not recommend this hotel.

5 Thank Christopher M
Jacksonville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Perfectly located to all locations in Jacksonville. Staff was very friendly and professional. Rooms were very clean and very well furnished. Loved the rates, beats the other hotels in the area. I will stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1100David
Florida, Uruguay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had my construction crew staying here. It was very convenient to access most of the restaurants , the mall, walmart. My crew liked the $1 beer at Hooters,which was walking distance from this hotel.They have good clean rooms.House keeping and front desk was very helpful. We started off our day with good continental breakfast. All together a good comfortable,affordable stay and we will be back!!

1 Thank Roxcy J
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Good location, good breakfast and great price.
I did not feel safe, the desk and chair were not made for working at the desk with a computer.
The room was clean and odor free. I did not appreciate the lack of a proper door lock option.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Ronald C