“BEST Stay!!”
Review of Sunset Inn

Sunset Inn
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Had to take a quick trip to Jacksonville for a job and was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. The price was right, the staff was friendly, my room smelled great and was clean, my bed was comfortable, and the location was centrally located to everything I needed. If I ever have to make another last minute trip, I will undoubtedly book my stay @ Sunset Inn again!! VERY HAPPY!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Nan B

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I had called ahead to ask if we would be able to park our big truck in the parking lot. I was told Yes. I then read some of the reviews and decided to see for myself. We.. {ME and my Husband}..arrived a little early ,as he had to make a delivery. They had a room ready. I asked to see it first. And the nice young lady took me to a room. It was a nice clean room..my issue with it was it was on the backside of the motel. So I asked to see another room. Closer to the front .I was shown this room and I felt real comfortable in it .It had a recliner chair, a nice king size bed and a wonderful makeup/sink area. The bathroom was nice and clean. They even had black out curtains so we could sleep better It had some spots. But to be able to sleep on a comfortable bed offset those. When we woke ..we went for the breakfast. Nothing special..,waffles,oatmeal,ceral,muffins,milk,juice,and coffee. It was filling and a good start to another working day. The staff was nothing but friendly and even when we checked out ..they asked if everything was o.k. And we will be back this way in a month and yes we will be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2013

nice motel for the price. the rooms were very clean. the front desk was very helpful in directions to the military base. there are several restraunts you can walk too. housekeeping did a excellent job bringing us fresh towels and supplies. i will stay here again my next visit to jacksonville nc. the price was very good compare to all them expensive hotels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Recently took a last minute trip to visit friends on the coast and ended up at Sunset Inn. I was very happy with the establishment. It was clean and a good price for its location. Happy I didn't have to waste gas driving all over town for food since it is located in the heart of Jacksonville. I was able to walk to the different restaurants. The staff was very pleasant to deal with also.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I came to visit my son who is stationed at Camp Lejeune Marine Corps Base and I stayed at the Sunset Inn. I had a great experience. You can tell the rooms have recently been renovated and you can't beat the location, very close to everything! My son had to work a few of the days I was in town and I didn't know much about the area. The hotel staff was very helpful all week. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I'll be back again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Everyone at the Sunset Inn were courteous and willing to help us with all our needs. They accomodated us very well, i couldnt have asked for more. Nice room at a good rate i wouldnt stay anywhere else in Jacksonville.

Room Tip: King rooms are a must
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2012

With all the good reviews, I decided to book him at this hotel. Boy,was I wrong! All the reviews here must be getting paid for the good reviews. There are cracks in the walls and ceiling, 2/3 of the popcorn on ceiling was gone. Mold and mildew in the bathroom. Loud. Had to wait at least 5 minutes while lady at front desk was talking to her boss on the phone. Breakfast was awful!

Suggest you pay an extra $10 - $15 and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo