“Stayed for Marine Corp School of Infantry Grad”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay during our son's graduation from Marine Corp SOI. We weren't sure how much time we would be able to visit with him, so made a conservative reservation for 2. Really appreciated the working kitchen, incl dishes, utensils, etc in the room as eating out all day gets old fast. The fridge/freezer was plenty big for our use and sparkling clean. The floors also extremely clean. The king size bed was very comfortable. When we discovered son would be given leave from base, we added him to room (couch converts to a bed) and added additional days to our visit. Front desk was very hospitable and accomodating. Also breakfast bar is large and the lady in charge provided very good service with a smile.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Bobbi-Jean S, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you were able to have time with your Marine. I wasn't sure if you would have that time with him or not, but glad you did! We truly appreciate our military and all that they do for us every day and all the family also sacrifices for us! I am proud to be able to assist you and other military families!! I have to agree that eating out can get old and having a full size refrigerator does make it easier! So do the dishes and the kitchen. Let me know when you are ready to come back.
Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is my second time at this hotel and I would definitely come here again. It is very accomodating and the suites are very clean and big. The breakfasts are good and the staff is great. The grandkids loved the indoor pool. Highly recommened for sure!! This is my second time staying at this hotel and it is very accomodating. The staff is great and the suites are great. Grandkids loved swimming in the indoor pool and the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I can't wait until you return for your 3rd trip here! We love having you and the grandkids! The heated indoor saline pool is perfect place, especially this time of year, to hang out with the grandkids! I am glad you enjoyed breakfast as well. We are adding new items to the breakfast for the new year! Next time you come, you should sit by the fire and make smores with the grandkids! They will love it! Let me know when you are ready to come back.
Happy Holidays!!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I think straight 10s (Excellent) speak volumes. Greatness is not achieved as a roll of the dice...it is because carring people work hard. Obviously leadership at this hotel has empowered the staff to do great things. Make them the model for other Hilton's that seem to have disapointed me in the past.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

WOW!! Straight 10s!! That is wonderful to hear! That is what we strive for! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I hope that you will be returning and soon!!
Happy Holidays!!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

good place to stay, clean, no pay per view movies, tv nice but hard to work, does not show the channel you are watching, excellent bathroom, great people, safe feeling, good breakfast, a little high price for a working person but clean and nice, I will stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking time to submit your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We keep dvd players at the front desk if you are interested in watching movies while you are here. There is no additional fee to use one. We have added a channel line up in the rooms that is easier to find than the one originally located in the reference guide to the hotel in the rooms. I hope you will find this helpful. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Being a travel agent I have seen and also heard several stories about hotels. So when I arrived at the hotel my expectations was high. I got just what I expected. Friendly staff..Nice clean hotel....Will be back real soon.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton
Bobbi-Jean S, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Thank you for taking time to do a review of Jacksonville's Home2 Suites. We truly value the opinion of every guest. I am pleased to hear that you heard great things and that we met your "high expectations"! I hope that you will be returning soon. Again, thank you.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Bait n switch.. got "Green, like Ikea" marketing= Clean (sparse), shiny (noisy), and hipster.-Sharp staff - But Stepford perkiness at extra $$. To Manager: Make lobby 'warmer', as it’s like an airport boarding area. Lastly, clean, but feels cheap and noisy - better deals abound. Caveat emptor.

Room Tip: Rooms on the North End are quieter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We come to Jacksonville a lot. My husband contracts on CL and my 1 year old and I come with him when we can. We lot home 2. The staff are so friendly and work so hard to make your stay pleasant. They go out of their way to get to know you. They remember us when we come. My daughter loves the indoor heated pool. It's like a mini vacay for us here. We will only stay at home2 when we come to Jacksonville.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

I want to thank you for your review and for continuing to stay here with us at Home2 Suites. It means a lot to us! I am glad that your daughter enjoys the indoor saline pool! We look forward to your return :)