“Everything you need in a hotel”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Torrance, California
“Everything you need in a hotel”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting my boyfriend stationed in camp lejeune only a couple minutes down the road which was very convenient for him. The new hotel was decorated very contemporary and looked straight like a show room from ikea. Very clean and well maintained. The whole ambiance of the hotel day and night was more than satisfying. Excellent customer service. With amenities like an indoor pool, gym, washer dryer, outdoor fire pit, and a warm breakfast in the morning I will def be back for another stay. Convenient location with target, mcdonalds, a bank, and other stores just a couple steps outside the hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bobbi-Jean S, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you enjoy the new concept by Hilton. Home2 Suites is the newest brand by Hilton, started just over 2 years ago. It is a very modern hotel created to make you feel at Home. "Free To Be You". The heated indoor saline pool, beautiful fire pit and awesome fitness center help make your stay very comfortable and enjoyable. Our location is right in the middle of most things in Jacksonville and right up the road from all of the bases. Nothing is very far from us. I am glad to hear you will be returning! We look forward to seeing you again!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Kensington, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

A great, pet friendly place to stay. Affordable rates and spacious rooms. I really liked the curtain room divider. Clean and modern design. Super comfy beds. Healthy breakfast choices. Lovely, clean pool. Win win win!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you for choosing Home2 Suites and for taking time to submit your review. We are a pet friendly hotel and we truly love our four-legged guests! I have to agree with you about the curtain divider. It does come in handy if you have someone watching tv while another is trying to sleep or if you need a little privacy. We do try to give more breakfast options, including healthier options. The yogurt parfaits with 9 different toppings is definitely one of my favorites! :)
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Throughout my travels, which are very frequent and on average 3 weeks out of the month. Finding the lost art of customer service has seemed to elude until I found Home 2 Suites. I have stayed in many hotels throughout the southern U.S., and none have come close to the level of service received by Bobbi-Jean, Ashley, Brittney, and all other staff at this facility. They have gone above and beyond what is expected but more impressively it's consistent. There are a million bad experiences I have had during my travels and have made my distain very clear to those particular businesses, and normally the only time I have something to say as we all do. But the experiences with Home 2 Suites and their staff deserve to be recognized for all their hard work and efforts, as well as finding "the lost art of customer service with a smile". I would recommend them to all traveling business men/women, and any professional looking for a home away from home. Don't take my word for it, give them a try and I guarantee you will understand what my review is all about.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
WOW! I am proud to hear you continue to have such a good experience when you stay here with us. We pride ourselves on our guest relations. I have to admit our guests make it easier for us because we have such fabulous guests that stay with us at Home2 Suites. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Hope to see you again soon!!!
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I had a great experience for my fiance and I on our stay for a weekend while we visited friends and family in the Jacksonville area. Bobbi-Jean and staff were super friendly and helpful! Check in was simple and easy. Everything worked in the room and was in excellent shape. Bed was actually very comfortable. We were very satisfied with our stay here and will definitely be booking here again when we return to the area. Thanks for such a pleasant place to stay for the weekend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bobbi-Jean S, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Definitely let us know when you are returning. Keep us informed on your wedding plans and let us know if we can be of assistance. Maybe next time you can stay longer than a weekend. Thank you for your review.
Fredericksburg, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

There is not enough space to say how wonderful this hotel is. There were 3 of us along with one dog. Extremely dog friendly. Every staff member was so kind and positive. The rooms were beautiful with lots of space and comfortable beds. The cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. The outdoor grilling area and the outdoor pit area were very inviting and relaxing. Walked to a restaurant everyday and shopped without getting into a car. If you come across a negative comment you should consider that the writer is probably a negative person in all situations. I travel constantly and Home 2 is beyond perfect!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Home2 Suites is located in a great part of town. Located near just about every place you will want to go and many places within walking distance. We are pet friendly here and truly enjoy our 4 legged friends that come stay with us. The grills and the fire pit do make it comfortable to visit with family, friends, and newly made friends. Make sure you try our indoor heated saline pool next visit. Thank you for such wonderful words.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

First, Bobbi-Jean and the rest of the staff couldn't be more professional and friendly. This property has definitely got one of the best crews on board of any I've seen.

My complaint is with the engineering of this property, not the staff. Specifically, the way they heat their water and deliver it to the rooms. I'm not sure how they heat their water, but they certainly don't have "point-of-use" nodes throughout the structure. In fact, the water heater must be located 20 miles away.

Like most people, when I take a hot shower, I want it to be, um, hot. I'm really happy if it's 125 to 130 degrees Fahrenheit, but could live with something around 120 degrees. In order to get hot water approaching anywhere near 110 degrees, I had to run the shower faucet for about TEN FULL MINUTES. And, even then, it didn't really get close to desired temperature (120) until my shower was over. (Takes me about 10 minutes to shower, btw.)

And, this was in the morning. When I tried to draw hot water late at night, it was useless. They must turn their boilers off in the evening.

I really like this new lodging product from Hilton. But for $135+ a night, it would be nice to be able to take a hot shower. Evidently the water rates in Jacksonville must be really cheap because I must have wasted a couple hundred gallons of water during my stay just letting it run down the drain.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the water heater!!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your feedback and for such kind words about our team here at Home2 Suites! I am sorry to hear you had such issues with the hot water. I do want to assure you that we are looking into it. If you are returning to the area, please give me a call. I would love a chance to make things right with you. Again, thank you for your assistance.
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a return spot for me as I have business in town on occasion. Friendly and responsive staff that truly wants your stay to be comfortable. They really go the extra mile. Clean and nicely designed rooms that are tasteful, functional and comfortable. Simple all the basics breakfast for a quick start for the day. Nicely located near shopping and food. Everything that you want when you make a living on the road. These folks want your return business, and I'm sure that they'll earn it with you as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Bobbi-Jean S, Guest Relations Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
WOW!! What an awesome thing to say! We are so lucky to have such amazing guests stay here with us at the Home2 Suites, Jacksonville, NC. We look forward to your return!!