“Nice and Clean”

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice and Clean”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This has to be the most clean hotel I have stayed in. I was very impressed with the entire hotel and the hotel staff. My only complaint would be the fact that the rooms aren't very sound proof. Our second night there I had to go buy a box fan to cut out the noise.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Wonderful place to stay. Suite has everything you need and the WiFi service was great. The one black out curtain covered the entire window, and the couch and bed were very comfortable. Very clean and quiet. Would pick this hotel to stay in wherever I traveled.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I choose to stay at the Home2Suites Jacksonville every weekend to visit my husband who is a Marine. It is nice knowing that I can expect a clean environment, great work out facilities, and professional/friendly staff. It is truly my home away from home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

North Carolina
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stopped here overnight with out two children ages 3 and 6. Then hotel was immaculately clean. The lobby has a modern vibe and is a nice change from standard hotel lobbies. We ended up with a handicap room because we needed a bathtub/shower combo. The room was HUGE!! The room darkening shades were great. The kitchen was fully stocked with dishes and silverware, dish soap, towels and coffee. Everything was spotless. There is a full size refrigerator and dishwasher. The bathroom was a good size. Again, modern but comfortable theme. The room had two queen beds and a couch. There was a curtain divider between the couch and two beds that you could use if you wanted. There is a saltwater pool that we all enjoyed. It was warm. There is an outdoor fire place but we did not have a chance to use that. There was a few kids roasting marshmallows by it though. We walked to Lonestar restaurant for dinner. Took 2 min. My oldest child got the stomach flu in the middle of the night and we missed the breakfast offered, which ends at 9am. I told the lady working at the front desk that my oldest was sick and we were stuck at the hotel until she got better. She made us a large tray of breakfast foods and extended our stay until 3 so my oldest could get some sleep. I was so appreciative that she recognized what a rough night we had and went above and beyond to help out. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: If you need more room choose the handicap room if its available If you have kids the handicap Rooms...
Ooltewah, Tennessee
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and enjoyed the hotel and the concept very much. The staff was great and the furnishings in the room were fantastic. However, the rooms we were given (we changed after the first night) were so close to the elevator areas that we were unable to sleep. Guests would mingle at the elevator areas speaking loudly, sometimes yelling. And this went on until 2 and 3 in the morning. And the elevator bells were so loud they alone would wake you up.

Would never again stay at this hotel, but it is more due to the layout and the risk of being placed in a near-the-elevator room again.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this hotel, insist on a room far, far away from the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MellaDee Y, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy hallways and thin walls. Your comments will help us to correct these issues and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Katy, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a new concept hotel that focuses on being green. Very sparse furnishing in the rooms (curtains instead of walls and doors within the suite, no doors on the kitchen cabinets, etc). It was a little different, but clean and comfortable none the less. We had a one bedroom suite and it was very spacious and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom towels were plentiful. Since the hotel is environmentally friendly, there were no disposable glasses in the room and the shampoo and bath wash were in big dispensers in the shower instead of individual containers. I'm glad I brought my own toiletries as I would be a little uncomfortable using communal soaps. Also, I felt the need to wash the glasses before we used them. I've seen too many documentaries where the maids didn't clean the glasses in the room!
The breakfast was minimal and closed promptly at 9am (even on the weekends). At 9am on the nose they pull a curtain over the breakfast buffet line and shut it down. You can't even get a yogurt or muffin after that.
The hotel staff was pleasant as we entered and left the hotel. They were helpful when we needed things.
Overall, it was a nice hotel, just different from the traditional suite hotels we've stayed at before. Not too crazy about the curtains and "ultra green" concepts but not enough to keep me from booking again.

jacksonville
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was the worse hotel we have ever stayed at... It is like staying overnight at Home Depot more than a Hotel. Things like a plastic curtain for a closet door were super cheap. Wooden Boxes hanging on walls without doors, for storage were also cheap. A shower curtain to separate the bed from the couch was also tacky. I cannot believe that Hilton put their name on this hotel.

This is what I would expect from a "Hotel 6" -- not from Hilton. It feels very cheap and basic from the moment you walk in the lobby and in the rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony C
MellaDee Y, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the condition of our guest rooms that did not meet your needs. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.