“Clean...Green”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Katy, Texas
“Clean...Green”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a new concept hotel that focuses on being green. Very sparse furnishing in the rooms (curtains instead of walls and doors within the suite, no doors on the kitchen cabinets, etc). It was a little different, but clean and comfortable none the less. We had a one bedroom suite and it was very spacious and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom towels were plentiful. Since the hotel is environmentally friendly, there were no disposable glasses in the room and the shampoo and bath wash were in big dispensers in the shower instead of individual containers. I'm glad I brought my own toiletries as I would be a little uncomfortable using communal soaps. Also, I felt the need to wash the glasses before we used them. I've seen too many documentaries where the maids didn't clean the glasses in the room!
The breakfast was minimal and closed promptly at 9am (even on the weekends). At 9am on the nose they pull a curtain over the breakfast buffet line and shut it down. You can't even get a yogurt or muffin after that.
The hotel staff was pleasant as we entered and left the hotel. They were helpful when we needed things.
Overall, it was a nice hotel, just different from the traditional suite hotels we've stayed at before. Not too crazy about the curtains and "ultra green" concepts but not enough to keep me from booking again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
jacksonville
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was the worse hotel we have ever stayed at... It is like staying overnight at Home Depot more than a Hotel. Things like a plastic curtain for a closet door were super cheap. Wooden Boxes hanging on walls without doors, for storage were also cheap. A shower curtain to separate the bed from the couch was also tacky. I cannot believe that Hilton put their name on this hotel.

This is what I would expect from a "Hotel 6" -- not from Hilton. It feels very cheap and basic from the moment you walk in the lobby and in the rooms.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tony C
MellaDee Y, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we apologize for the condition of our guest rooms that did not meet your needs. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed at Home2 Suites last weekend while in town for my daughter's soccer games. We booked a king/1 bedroom so that I could get a little rest while the kids stayed up for a while. I brought my two girls (13 and 8). They were so excited by the modern decor, the fully-stocked kitchen, the hot cocoa in the lobby, and the many ports and chargers for various iDevices! We spent some time in the pool which was very clean. As a mom, I appreciated the kitchen amenities, the free breakfast, and the clean, comfy room. The bathroom was spacious, as was the overall layout. I can't stress enough how clean everything was. My only recommendation would be to upgrade the mattresses - we stay at another hotel brand often that has "dream" type mattresses that are really comfortable. As a last note, I want to commend the staff or their friendliness. They were helpful, courteous and very friendly.

Room Tip: Spring for the extra room suite if you'd like a bit more room!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
NC
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Never stayed in a Home2 before but will again. Located next to a Lowe's - not there for the view, though. We stayed just one night in a one bedroom suite - very roomy and comfy. Huge bathroom. We didn't need to use the kitchen, but it was well equipped - even had a dishwasher. King sized bed was not too hard. No curtains but built-in room darkening shades that were operated electronically - very nice! A bit expensive, but still very nice place to stay and we shall return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
e.m.
Reviewed December 29, 2012

nice hotel indoor pool was great good location. after staying in a 40 year old hotel it was a pleasure to pay a bit more for a nice fresh new hotel. also walking distance to resturants which was nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Never have I ever gone to a hotel and felt so at home. From the room to all the staff I encounter were amazing. This was my first and certainly not last stay at Home2 for my travels to Jacksonville. I knew I had booked at an extended stay property but I was blown away by how much your room offers. Microwave, full sets of dishes, and a dishwasher. I was travelling alone with my 7 month old twins and have a great appreciation for the little things that I hadn't even thought of packing like bowls for mixing their cereal. I found my room neat and clean everything from the linen to the informational cards were crispy and new. My stay was orginally for just two nights but with help from Chelsea at the front desk I was able to spend an extra night. I had family staying at the Fairfield Inn (awful hotel fyi) just a hotel over and Chelsea was able to help move them from that property to Home2. My entire family was blown away by the the hotel and staff even just being there one night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MellaDee Y, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review about the Home2 Suites by Hilton. We appreciate the very nice compliments you gave us, and the entire establishment. I'm so glad that Chelsea was able to help your family move to this hotel so that you all could be together. I'm sad that I didn’t get to meet those twins, maybe the next time you return. Thank you again; we hope that you will return again soon.
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was looking forward to a little bit extra since I travel to Jacksonville NC often. This was Thanksgiving weekend, 3 night stay and believe me, it wasn't worth it. The first thing that greeted me was a sign that there was a skeleton crew operating the property. I can live with not having a bed made or even cleaned floors. What is unacceptable was that the toilet paper and coffee weren't replenished AT ALL. During the entire stay. I had to ask at the front desk for TP.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Leslie21075
Thank you for your review from your last stay with us, I really do appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing-especially when the need for improvement is noted. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted. I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of maintaining exceptional service. Again I apologize that your stay wasn’t what it should have been and hopefully you will give us another chance to get it right, if you return to the area.