“First Visit - Very Impressive” 5 of 5 stars

Military Family Rate
Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
NC
“First Visit - Very Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Never stayed in a Home2 before but will again. Located next to a Lowe's - not there for the view, though. We stayed just one night in a one bedroom suite - very roomy and comfy. Huge bathroom. We didn't need to use the kitchen, but it was well equipped - even had a dishwasher. King sized bed was not too hard. No curtains but built-in room darkening shades that were operated electronically - very nice! A bit expensive, but still very nice place to stay and we shall return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

e.m.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

nice hotel indoor pool was great good location. after staying in a 40 year old hotel it was a pleasure to pay a bit more for a nice fresh new hotel. also walking distance to resturants which was nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Never have I ever gone to a hotel and felt so at home. From the room to all the staff I encounter were amazing. This was my first and certainly not last stay at Home2 for my travels to Jacksonville. I knew I had booked at an extended stay property but I was blown away by how much your room offers. Microwave, full sets of dishes, and a dishwasher. I was travelling alone with my 7 month old twins and have a great appreciation for the little things that I hadn't even thought of packing like bowls for mixing their cereal. I found my room neat and clean everything from the linen to the informational cards were crispy and new. My stay was orginally for just two nights but with help from Chelsea at the front desk I was able to spend an extra night. I had family staying at the Fairfield Inn (awful hotel fyi) just a hotel over and Chelsea was able to help move them from that property to Home2. My entire family was blown away by the the hotel and staff even just being there one night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
MellaDee Y, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review about the Home2 Suites by Hilton. We appreciate the very nice compliments you gave us, and the entire establishment. I'm so glad that Chelsea was able to help your family move to this hotel so that you all could be together. I'm sad that I didn’t get to meet those twins, maybe the next time you return. Thank you again; we hope that you will return again soon.
Elkridge, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was looking forward to a little bit extra since I travel to Jacksonville NC often. This was Thanksgiving weekend, 3 night stay and believe me, it wasn't worth it. The first thing that greeted me was a sign that there was a skeleton crew operating the property. I can live with not having a bed made or even cleaned floors. What is unacceptable was that the toilet paper and coffee weren't replenished AT ALL. During the entire stay. I had to ask at the front desk for TP.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Leslie21075
Thank you for your review from your last stay with us, I really do appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing-especially when the need for improvement is noted. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted. I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of maintaining exceptional service. Again I apologize that your stay wasn’t what it should have been and hopefully you will give us another chance to get it right, if you return to the area.
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Overall appearance of hotel was very nice. Hotel room was clean and spacious. Great kitchen area and other amenities, such as indoor pool and exercise room. Continental breakfast was disappointing and not tasty at all (pretty awful). Suggest you prepare food in your room or go to a restaurant if you want a decent meal. Room was colorful and looked pretty, but looks are deceiving. Everything was cheap and flimsy. Watch out for the window shade. Staff was friendly, courteous, efficient, and professional. Hotel was conveniently located and had plenty of parking. Hotel is newer than others in the area, so I wIll recommend as the place to stay when in Jacksonville, NC.

Room Tip: Don't stay anywhere near elevators, extremely noisy and annoying. Can be heard going up and down...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is spotless. I loved their Eco initiatives, friendly attitude and great layout. Rooms are spacious and really well organized. The kitchens in the rooms make your stay very comfortable and I can't emphasize the cleanliness enough. A great place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to respond to the review, we appreciate you doing this for us. I'm so glad you enjoyed the friendliness and eco-friendly environment of the Home2 Suites by Hilton. We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our stay at this beautiful hotel was awesome! Great interior décor of warm, inviting color schemes. The room was very, very inviting and cozy. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were very welcoming, friendly, helpful, and helpful. This hotel was very close to the restaurants and shopping. For our future travels, we are definitely going to look for Home2 Suites to stay at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
MellaDee Y, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 15, 2012