“Clean, helpful staff and no 'midnight drama'”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hockessin, DE
“Clean, helpful staff and no 'midnight drama'”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

we recently stayed here for a weekend. The rooms are very spacious, clean and modern. The staff from the time they welcome you to the time you leave are very polite and always smiling. In the evening the hotel is very quiet and with the 'dark blinds' it is very difficult to see that it is indeed light out in the morning. We slept well on the comfortable beds and pillows. One evening we hung out by the firepit, ordered a pizza and had a few beer (purchased off site).
Relatives stayed at a hotel on the other side of town adn were awoken both nights by the sounds and lights of police car breaking up disputes in the parking lots. We on the other hand felt very safe and it was very enjoyable for us.
The only downside with the free breakfast is that it is from 6 am to 9am on a weekend. We had difficulty getting up by 9 on the weekend and almost missed our breakfast. Though it was only yogurt (including a yogurt bar), cereal, bagels and eggs on english muffins, it hit the spot.
Would highly recommend to stay on this side of town if you want to get a good night sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin D
MellaDee Y, Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate the time you had to spend to give us this feedback. I can assure you that our team wants to know how we are doing.
We hope that you will come back and try us again and let us know if we did as good or better as your first stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed here for about a week and found the hotel to be nice but with very few extras. The staff was friendly, the room was clean. The breakfast offering was simply ok, nothing to write home about.

I had a two room suite which was very spacious. My sister also stayed at the hotel and was assigned one of their regular rooms. I thought it was odd that she was told she had a suite, but it was just a large room with a curtain that separated the bed from the living room area (think of a hospital curtain going around a bed).

It's hard to put my finger on why, but I get a feeling that the hotel is going to run down very quickly and within a few years, it won't be a place I'd want to stay in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate the time you had to spend to give us this feedback. I can assure you that our team and I want to know how we are doing.

We hope to see you soon!
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was trying to place what this hotel was aiming for when it was designed. I think Hilton is shooting for Home2 to be an extended stay place that feels like Hyatt Place crossed with Embassy Suites with a bit of Four Points mixed in to it. From approach, exterior, 3 patios with grills, lounges, fire pits - sweet. Inside is very modern-functional. Breakfast nook and spacious lobby/lounge area with pantry. Workout room was above par too. Rooms are spacious, Very nice kitchenette; bathroom is a bit small considering the rest of the room, but nice nonetheless. Desk and chair nest nicely and are very comfortable and workable.

Location is pretty central to Jacksonville and Camp Lejeune, whatever you are in the area for. Plenty of shopping and food options proximal to the property. Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MellaDee Y, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your business and thank you for your review. We do appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and what you think about the new brand; Home2 Suites by Hilton. We hope to see you again soon.
Fairfield, Connecticut
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We had a great 1 night stay at this hotel. My tween (and HGTV fan) proclaimed the contemporary design "very cool"-- and it was. Rooms were clean, spacious, and family- friendly, with 2 comfortable queen-sized (not full or double) beds and a pull- out couch. One could separate 2 areas of the room by pulling across a curtain-- a nice touch. The refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher would hav been great for an extended stay, and there were grills available for use in an outdoor patio space. Breakfast was quite good, and the kids enjoyed it. Staff was very friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you like the brand and how we are doing. I'm glad that your family member enjoyed the space and the contemporary design. We look forward to your return visit with us in Jacksonville, N.C.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I am a long time Hilton customer. This is my first experience in Home2 Suites. We were very happy with our stay. The room was nice and large. It had a full size frig and microwave. Nice big LCD tv. Lots of work space and closet space. Very comfortable beds. They had a very nice continental breakfast from 6-9 daily with lots of space to sit. The whole place has a very contemporary feel. They have an indoor pool and three outdoor patios. Granted the view is nothing special but one patio had a fire pit and couches outside. They are probably the most expensive hotel in town but if you are accustomed to more comfortable lodgings then you would probably be happiest here during your stay in Jacksonville.

Room Tip: The rooms with 2 queen beds are much bigger than the king rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike_in_Tampa
First of all, thank you very much for being a long time Hilton member, we do appreciate how loyal you are to the brand, I'm very excited that you liked our new brand, the Home2 Suites by Hilton. Coming from one of our loyal customers, this is very exciting to hear! We look forward to your return stay to Jacksonville, N.C.
Albany, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Was a must for us since we were traveling with our dog. There was a walking trail around the hotel and "doggy bags" were available at site. We stayed at the Home2 for 10 nights. The hotel staff were very friendly. My daughter and I loved the decor throughout the hotel. Very nice and clean! We would give them 4 stars. I usually skip breakfast but drink coffee in the morning. They served hot coffee and had my favorite french vanilla creamer so I was happy but my husband said their breakfast could be better. He travels a lot and has been staying at different hotels. He compared the hotel, to other hotels and wasn't impressed with their breakfast. There were 2 washers and dryers in the laundry room. I don't know how many units in the hotel, but I thought they should have more than 2 washers/dryers. There were a couple of times that it took me several hours to finish 1 load of laundry! Overall we were very pleased. I highly recommend this hotel to everybody!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We love our pets here at the Home2 Suites by Hilton, I'm glad that you enjoyed having your pet with us and he/she enjoyed the pet walking area we have around the building. I do appreciate your comments about needing more equipment in the guest laundry area. We look forward to your return with us in Jacksonville, N.C.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Home2 Suites in Jacksonville for four nights. The hotel is about seven weeks old so it was nice to have a new option to try. When I arrived the computer system was down (and would remain so for my entire stay) so the front desk were checking guests in manually on paper. Despite this, we were warmly welcomed at the front desk and a very pleasant clerk apologized and still managed to have us checked-in within a few minutes. She gave a very thorough overview of the hotel and its services and I was off to my room. Despite the system still being down when I checked-out, I received an e-mail folio a couple of days after check-out that was completely accurate.

I had a King Studio Suite that was extremely well laid out. It had a partial kitchen (no stove) but portable burners were available on request. There was a sitting area with a fold out sofa and ottoman that was separated from the bed area by a curtain that could be drawn. The work space featured a moveable desk that doubled as a dining surface. There was no closet but rather a wardrobe-like built-in with a curtain that functioned as the closet. There was actually quite a bit of built-in shelf space across one entire wall and drawers below that so storage was not an issue.

The room also contained an iPhone/Pod docking station alarm clock along with a rather large 50” or so television that swiveled for viewing from the “bedroom” or living area.
Breakfast and WiFi are included in all rates and while I typically cannot eat most breakfast spreads due to food allergies, there was a good selection of items (both hot and cold) and their coffee (which I did have) was actually very good. WiFi speed was also very good.

The hotel features several outside areas for guests to relax – including one with a fire pit and another with BBQ grills for guest use. There is also a fitness center, indoor pool, food for purchase, and laundry facilities on-site.

The Home2 Suites concept is definitely a cool one and made for a very comfortable stay. All staff that we encountered throughout our stay were always extremely professional and welcoming. If you needed something you were met with a smiling face that took care of it.

One small note is that on weekends the hotel has a light housekeeping by request option. If you would like your room serviced you simply let the front desk know before noon the day before and they will take care of it. While this was a first for me it was actually not an issue as each evening upon returning to the hotel a stack of fresh towels were laid out for guest to take and if they were not there a helpful staff member would bring out however many you requested. I would definitely stay at not only this location but other Home2 Suite locations as the concept is quite cool and something a bit different in a good way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words during a tough time when our software was down. I appreciate the time you took to write the very nice comments about our hotel and the staff. We look forward to your return to Jacksonville N.C.