“Best choice in Jacksonville”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tampa, Florida
“Best choice in Jacksonville”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I am a long time Hilton customer. This is my first experience in Home2 Suites. We were very happy with our stay. The room was nice and large. It had a full size frig and microwave. Nice big LCD tv. Lots of work space and closet space. Very comfortable beds. They had a very nice continental breakfast from 6-9 daily with lots of space to sit. The whole place has a very contemporary feel. They have an indoor pool and three outdoor patios. Granted the view is nothing special but one patio had a fire pit and couches outside. They are probably the most expensive hotel in town but if you are accustomed to more comfortable lodgings then you would probably be happiest here during your stay in Jacksonville.

Room Tip: The rooms with 2 queen beds are much bigger than the king rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike_in_Tampa
MellaDee Y, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Jacksonville, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
First of all, thank you very much for being a long time Hilton member, we do appreciate how loyal you are to the brand, I'm very excited that you liked our new brand, the Home2 Suites by Hilton. Coming from one of our loyal customers, this is very exciting to hear! We look forward to your return stay to Jacksonville, N.C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Albany, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Was a must for us since we were traveling with our dog. There was a walking trail around the hotel and "doggy bags" were available at site. We stayed at the Home2 for 10 nights. The hotel staff were very friendly. My daughter and I loved the decor throughout the hotel. Very nice and clean! We would give them 4 stars. I usually skip breakfast but drink coffee in the morning. They served hot coffee and had my favorite french vanilla creamer so I was happy but my husband said their breakfast could be better. He travels a lot and has been staying at different hotels. He compared the hotel, to other hotels and wasn't impressed with their breakfast. There were 2 washers and dryers in the laundry room. I don't know how many units in the hotel, but I thought they should have more than 2 washers/dryers. There were a couple of times that it took me several hours to finish 1 load of laundry! Overall we were very pleased. I highly recommend this hotel to everybody!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We love our pets here at the Home2 Suites by Hilton, I'm glad that you enjoyed having your pet with us and he/she enjoyed the pet walking area we have around the building. I do appreciate your comments about needing more equipment in the guest laundry area. We look forward to your return with us in Jacksonville, N.C.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Home2 Suites in Jacksonville for four nights. The hotel is about seven weeks old so it was nice to have a new option to try. When I arrived the computer system was down (and would remain so for my entire stay) so the front desk were checking guests in manually on paper. Despite this, we were warmly welcomed at the front desk and a very pleasant clerk apologized and still managed to have us checked-in within a few minutes. She gave a very thorough overview of the hotel and its services and I was off to my room. Despite the system still being down when I checked-out, I received an e-mail folio a couple of days after check-out that was completely accurate.

I had a King Studio Suite that was extremely well laid out. It had a partial kitchen (no stove) but portable burners were available on request. There was a sitting area with a fold out sofa and ottoman that was separated from the bed area by a curtain that could be drawn. The work space featured a moveable desk that doubled as a dining surface. There was no closet but rather a wardrobe-like built-in with a curtain that functioned as the closet. There was actually quite a bit of built-in shelf space across one entire wall and drawers below that so storage was not an issue.

The room also contained an iPhone/Pod docking station alarm clock along with a rather large 50” or so television that swiveled for viewing from the “bedroom” or living area.
Breakfast and WiFi are included in all rates and while I typically cannot eat most breakfast spreads due to food allergies, there was a good selection of items (both hot and cold) and their coffee (which I did have) was actually very good. WiFi speed was also very good.

The hotel features several outside areas for guests to relax – including one with a fire pit and another with BBQ grills for guest use. There is also a fitness center, indoor pool, food for purchase, and laundry facilities on-site.

The Home2 Suites concept is definitely a cool one and made for a very comfortable stay. All staff that we encountered throughout our stay were always extremely professional and welcoming. If you needed something you were met with a smiling face that took care of it.

One small note is that on weekends the hotel has a light housekeeping by request option. If you would like your room serviced you simply let the front desk know before noon the day before and they will take care of it. While this was a first for me it was actually not an issue as each evening upon returning to the hotel a stack of fresh towels were laid out for guest to take and if they were not there a helpful staff member would bring out however many you requested. I would definitely stay at not only this location but other Home2 Suite locations as the concept is quite cool and something a bit different in a good way.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words during a tough time when our software was down. I appreciate the time you took to write the very nice comments about our hotel and the staff. We look forward to your return to Jacksonville N.C.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was traveling there for work and stumbled across them after being open for only 2 days. The rooms were awesome - contemporary design, 50+" tv, beds were comfortable, and extremely spacious. The hotel staff were genuinely concerned about making my stay the best possible, continuously asking if there was anything that I needed. My weeklong stay was great and I'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank elteacher21
Thank you for being one of our first guests! We're glad you stumbled across our Home2 Suites Too! We look forward to seeing you again.