“Plenty of food and good times”

Shogun Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #28 of 260 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We go to Shogun on special occasions and when friend are in town. The hibachi section always provides great food and a good show. They have many choices and you can request sushi from the sushi menu. The beef is tender, flavorful and cooked the way you want it & the sauces they provide on the side are delicious. The meal will fill you up even before you finish getting you entire meal. You'll get salad and soup, then shrimp appetiser, vegetables, fried rice, your meats and mushrooms. The hibachi show has taken a hit in the past few years but is still great for the kids and adults too. Tends to be crowded on the weekends so arrive early.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed lunch here again yesterday. The service was great and the food outstanding.

My Japanese friends say that this is the only authentic Japanese food in Greenville.

Be sure to try their "cucumber salad". It is unusual and very tasty.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have been to Shogun quite a few times but never to the hibachi section. I have tried many different things on the menu but since I tried the teriyaki beef I have not ordered anything different. The beef is tender and flavorful, the sauce is on the sweet side and delicious. It comes with carrots, tempura mushrooms and rice. If the hibachi show is not your thing I would recommend the dining room and an order of teriyaki beef!

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This is just what you would get at any Japanese Steakhouse. Same food and show you get elsewhere. We left with our stomachs full and huge boxes full of leftovers! The food was very good and so was the service. The decor needed a facelift. Chairs were worn and dirty and it was dimly lit. But I didn't eat off my chair so I quickly "got over it" but beware if you are looking for 4 star decor!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

we were celebrating a promotion. we sat at the bar first.. then had an appy before moving to the habatchi table.. waitress was good and our chef was amusing!