“Love it!”

Jacksonville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We've eaten here several times, and the food is always great. There are plently of hibachi tables, and we've never had to wait for a seat. My young kids even love it.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank SandiJL

nc coast
“Almost average”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I've eaten here several times and the best I can say is that at times it is average, nothing to write home to Mom about. The service is slow and the atmosphere can be very loud at times. Most of the Chef's seem to like their job and try to do a good job. The food however doesn't see to have much flavor. There are better restaurants of this type in Jacksonville. Look at some of my other reviews to see which ones. Enjoy!

• Visited December 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
“One of my favorite restaurants in Jax”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have been here several times for both the hibachi and sushi. Both are good. The service has been pretty decent most of the time. If you are looking for sushi in this small town, I would recommend this one.

Visited February 2012
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“Not the best hibachi”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The food was average for this type of establishment but there are faster options for less money for lunch, such as Tokyo Express. If you are craving GREAT food and a genuine hibachi experience then wait for dinner time and visit the Hakata Japanese Steakhouse. The prices are higher but the quality of food and service are worth every penny. Our server was not very friendly at Shogun but the hibachi chef was funny and personable.

Visited February 2012
8 Thank luv2read79
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Slow service, bland food”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This was my first visit and I will not be going back. I eat at Japanese steak houses at least twice a month. This is the worst one I have ever been to. It was extremely warm inside. The food was so bland I did not even eat half of the shrimp and filet I ordered. The service was terrible, really slow. Prices are at the cheaper end of this type of restaurant, maybe this is why. If you go with low expectations, you will be o.k.

• Visited December 2011