“Friendly Staff, slept good and had a yummy continental breakfast”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
My Motel Inn and Suites
Ranked #30 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Augus
“Friendly Staff, slept good and had a yummy continental breakfast”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel on my previous travels (10+ times) when I stop in through Jacksonville. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and willing to help as best as they can. Hairdryers/ironboards/irons are available upon request. Apparently the tv remote was missing from the room i was staying in, and I went downstairs and requested one and the clerk at the front desk was very cordial and quickly provided me with one. I also asked for extra towels being I had my children with me, and the maids (when on duty). If the maids (Mallory, LeAnne, etc.) are not on duty, then you can go to the front desk and one of the clerks will be very happy to exchange dirty towels for clean ones. They are very prompt in providing extra towels. I rented out a double room and the room was very clean and the mattress was brand new and also the pillows were new. The continental breakfast served was bagels w/cream cheese, assorted cereals (hot and cold cereal), grits, milk, juice, muffins/donuts and coffee... which to me is a ... on my previous travels (10+ times) when I stop in through Jacksonville. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and willing to help as best as they can. Hairdryers/ironboards/irons are available upon request. Apparently the tv remote was missing from the room i was staying in, and I went downstairs and requested one and the clerk at the front desk was very cordial and quickly provided me with one. I also asked for extra towels being I had my children with me, and the maids (when on duty). If the maids (Mallory, LeAnne, etc.) are not on duty, then you can go to the front desk and one of the clerks will be very happy to exchange dirty towels for clean ones. They are very prompt in providing extra towels. I rented out a double room and the room was very clean and the mattress was brand new and also the pillows were new. The continental breakfast served was bagels w/cream cheese, assorted cereals (hot and cold cereal), grits, milk, juice, muffins/donuts and coffee... which to me is a decent breakfast for the price of the room I rented (I have 3 kids with me when I travel) ($79.75 for a double room tax and everything already included) per night AND if you come in between 550AM- 6AM (ONLY AT THIS TIME FRAME) and IF they have the rooms available you don't have to check out until the next day at noon... so that is like getting an extra day rent for free. I would say it is very good for the price. IF they don't have the rooms available (SOLD OUT) then you will have to wait till 3pm to rent a room and check out WILL BE 12 noon the next day. The reason why you have to wait till 3pm is because if the hotel was booked up and people are leaving at 12 noon then you have to wait for the maids to clean up the rooms that were previously occupied... so please just be patient and the friendly staff will check you in AS SOON the rooms come available.Btw, if you have a problem if you are nice and friendly and don't cop an attitude or demand the staff to take care of the issue "IMMEDIATELY" the staff at the front desk will bend over backwards to make your stay more pleasant. If you don't say anything (example: about the noise/arguing down the hall/room next door), smell of smoke in the room, fire alarm going off, someone sneaking a dog in the hotel, drunk and disorderly people) then the staff doesn't know what is going on other floors other than the first floor. Any hotel has its problems if you get people from all walks of life in one building and some who stay in a hotel and don't care how they treat other peoples property or were not taught properly how to respect other people belongings. The location is perfect for walking distance to applebee's, walmart, hooters, jacksonville mall, outback, logan's, etc. also if you need a car rental you can call enterprise and they will pick u up from the front door and take you to their establishment to set u up with a rental for however long you need it. Also this hotel is no longer called Microtel, it is called MY HOTEL... check it out... and remember to let the staff know if you have an issue, they will be more than glad to help remedy the situation at hand. I think a lot of the bad reviews are because the customer broke a rule of the hotel and snuck their dog in (only service dogs are allowed and you have to provide the papers to show the dog is a service dog) and got fined 150 dollars for doing so or they smoked in a NON-SMOKING room and got fined 150 or they got fined for damages they created and got caught on camera doing the crime. In parting I enjoy conversing with the friendly staff April, Brad, Jen, Barbara and Mallory and the breakfast room lady Eliza. If you do not want to be bothered in the morning and get your room cleaned just put out the door sign, or call the front desk and let the staff know. The staff also provides a wake up call if you request it.

Room Tip: come in at around 5:50
  • Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Illinois
Reviewed October 21, 2009

This hotel was definitely amongst the worst of the worst! From the outside, the hotel appeared to be ok (at least it did at night.) The elevator was dirty and had graffiti on the walls. The hallway to the room was awful - dirty and stains everywhere. The room was even worse. The wallpaper was falling off the walls, carpets stained, no lightbulbs in the light fixtures, etc. There was also an apparent mold problem - mold was growing on the bathroom and hallway walls. The sheets actually appeared to be clean though. It also appeared the shower was fairly new. If we hadn't been travelling all day and were not completely exhausted, we would have kept on driving. Unfortunately, we stopped in Jacksonville on a weekend when there was something going on in town and all the other hotels were booked solid. I only wish I would have read these other reviews before stopping!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

Millsboro, Delaware
Reviewed October 19, 2009

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It was dirty. The pillow cases had blood stains on it and it just smelled nasty.

We covered the pillows with out own clothes to sleep on. I wrote a letter to Microtel and they sent me a $15 gift certificate for my next stay. It went right in the trash. Never again.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
md
Reviewed May 27, 2009

This was by far the worst hotel I ever stayed at, we were supposed to stay for 3 days, I checked out after the 1st nite. The room stinks of mold, the bed had sinkhole in it....no way to sleep on it without landing in this hole. No dresser, no fridge, no coffee pot and very nasty toilet. This place had great nerve charging 65.00 a nite....what a dump!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
lincoln,ne
Reviewed April 11, 2008

didn't even stay the night was so bad we went to another motel . Nastiest place on earth

• Disliked — all of it was trashed
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tfrogs1
Marietta, GA
Reviewed September 15, 2007

You name it, it is bad. The beds are terribly sway back, the internet did not work, the wallpaper is peeling. To their credit, Microtel corporate gave me a $25 credit, but I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2007
1 Thank treb312
Waynesville, NC
Reviewed August 14, 2007

Last Visit:August 2007
My son is a Marine and we have stayed at many hotels in J'ville over the past few years. This is the very first time at this place and the last.

1) First of all I was called twice on my way to Jacksonville to see if I was still coming. That made me mad to start with due to the fact that they already had my card number, I clearly knew the cancelation policy, and if I was not there, so what... they charge my card anyway. Yes, they called twice.

2) When I got there they told me that they were going to give me the room for 64.95 and "upgrade" me to a suite. I said fine, not knowing that the room only had one bed in it. I got in the room, which was not acceptable due to teh fact that it was myself and my 23 year old son. I called back to the front desk, told them that I needed two beds and was changed to a reg room.

3) I get in the room and there is no remote. I dont know about how they do things, but we flip channels and a remote is required to do that. They looked for one, but couldnt find one... so we went 2 days up and down to channel surf.

4) Flipflops were a requirement due to the carpet being wet around the AC unit. It was very wet and smelled even worse.

5) Lights did not work. we had two lights in teh entire room. One over the desk and one over the window seat. No lamps, nothing.

6) No ice. Ice machine did not work. There was no sign on it stating that it did not work, just didnt. So I bought ice.

7) No room service. No clean towels. Nothing.

8) Card keys did not work. I had to go to front desk x 3 to get keys programed.

9) Trash left in room from previous person. Underneath telephone table. Candy wrapper.

10) when I started to check out the room rate had gone up to 74.95, which was crazy cause this place in a total dump. I pd it. I am very upset. They offered nothing to try to make us happy. Very upset with this establishment. Plan on reporting to BBB.

• Liked — NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS DUMP
  • Disliked — LIKE I SAID....
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family