Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn & Suites(Jacksonville)
Sunset Inn(Jacksonville)
Quality Inn(Jacksonville)
View Hotel
All reviewssmall closetfront deskthe lobby breakfast areafree weightsac worked wellthe hotel is cleancontinental breakfastyogurtking size bedwestern blvdlate checkoutoutdoor poolgreat place to staywalking distancewould stay here againother hotelshotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2009

This hotel was nice enough, but the price for the room we got was not. It is centrally located within 10 minutes from the marine bases and lots of shopping near by. We booked a suite with the thinking there would be extra room to move. Not the case. I have had regular rooms much bigger than this was. Everything was clean. The bed was comfortable. It was to have a king size sofa bed. It was definitely not a king size. We were also told there was a full breakfast. Not the case. That is most of the reason I was willing to pay the higher price was for the convenience of not having to go get breakfast. The pool and whirlpool were nice extras. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank marinemom09
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I am sitting in my hotel on business as I write this. I am on the second floor and have a king size bed. The hotel is located off of the main strip in Jacksonville and less than 10 minutes to Camp Lejeune. This particular Fairfield is an older hotel and is starting to slowly show its' age. The hotel is clean and seems to be very quiet. The bed is comfortable with a fairly soft mattress. There are 2 televisions that are both older picture tube televisions. I say that it is starting to show its' age due to the musty smell that certain parts have, the old single elevator, the workout room, the lack of a pantry, and the internet connection. I have detailed some of this below.

In my room I have a refrigerator, microwave and a fold out couch. The exercise room is very, very small and has one bike and one treadmill. There are no free weights or other equipment. The treadmill and bike are fairly new "Life Fitness models". There is a television in the workout room.

This hotel does not have the pantry store that most hotels now have. They do have a vending are on the first floor that is very reasonably priced for a hotel. The wireless internet connection is free but it is really, really slow at night. I believe it slows down when more people are using. It is to the point that I gave up trying to do work due to frustration. I would say for leisurely surfing it woudl probably be sufficient. For work it would probably be frustrating to most business people.

The staff was friendly and I spent considrable time downstairs waiting on coworkers. They seemed to always be pleasant and helpful. The cleaning people spoke to me as well.

There is a pool outside at the end of the hotel. It is probably about 50 feet from the building. It may or may not be suitable for small children to play alone. This would depend on your comfort level of having the kids outside the hotel in a fairly secluded area.

It does have a business center which consisted of a computer at a desk right beside the continental breakfast area. It is not secluded and would probably not serve as a true business center if you needed any type of privacy.

In short this is a decent hotel with no frills. I would entertain staying here again but would defnitely look at other hotels in the area as well. It was just a hotel stay and nothing memorable good or bad.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Mikeluke1975
Reviewed July 18, 2009

my husband and i went to see our marine son and the fairfield inn was the perfect choice. camp lejeune was approximately a 10 minute drive. it was close to walmart and close to several food chain resteraunts, all within walking distance. the fairfield inn was top notch. very clean. the beds and pillows were very comfortable. the continental breakfast was a nice touch. the workout room has one bicycle and one treadmill, but never had a problem with availability. the pool was small but clean. the front desk staff was very nice and friendly. we will stay here again our next visit to see our son.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband and I visited our son who is stationed at Camp Lejeune. I booked a Suite because I thought he would like to be off the base for a few days and stay with us in the Suite, which he did.

So the negatives are: The Suite was a good size but to my surprise there was no separation (meaning a door) between the living room and the bedroom only a small wall so we had no privacy. I had to squeeze myself in that small wall area to get dressed while someone else was in the restroom taking a shower. Also the walls are very thin so the 4 days we were there every night we were awaken by a very active couple in the next room. (Why do Hotels have to put the beds for each room on the same wall)?

The positives: The rooms were every clean, The housekeeping staff was wonderful and friendly, check in was a breeze. Front desk staff would always greet you when you entered and existed. Morning Continental breakfast was provided and had the usual cereal, breads, Waffles, fruit etc. They had a nice size fitness room and a large pool and spa area which was also very clean.

I would stay there again but not pay the extra money for a suite.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2009

I recently just stayed here because my spouse is in the military and this location was close to the base and still had available rooms. I booked our room 2 weeks in advance through their official website and found the process to be very painless. With a military discount, we had a double room for $70 a night. When time came for the trip, there were lots of complications that caused me to not arrive till the night after. Each time I called them, the staff there answered the phone promptly and were accommodating. Once we arrived, the front desk was friendly and check in was very quick.

Pros:
- Lenient cancellation policy
- The rooms are very clean, updated and cozy.
- Good amenities. We had a mini fridge, microwave and TV. There's free wifi as well, which I really appreciated.
- felt very safe there.
- Very close to a lot of restaurant choices such as Mc Donalds, Arby's, Chillis and stores like Target and Walmart.

Cons:
- sound proofing is so-so, though not terribly bad.

Verdict: I probably would stay here again if I had to visit this area.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)