“Way below average for a Fairfield” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Rainsville
“Way below average for a Fairfield”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This Fairfield is no where close to the quality I am use to. I am on the road a lot and usually stay at hampton inn or Marriott hotels because of quality. I am very disappointed and only stayed because it was raining hard and I didn't want get soaked while loading my bags back in my car. I would recommend someone stay at a discount motel because the quality will be about the same. The rooms remind me of a best western 20 years ago and I think the towels might actually be that old

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Wonderful hotel and staff. As my son's deployment date/time fro Camp LaJuene and his Grandmother's plans ket changing, the hotel staff kept us on track and was super accomodating. The suite worked out perfectly and hot tub was such a stress reliefer. can't say enough. I was using my Marriot points and they treated my family and I like kings. Will come back as my first choice.

Room Tip: Suite worked out well, sofa bed was well above average. did not need 2 rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MJonesPE
amorg430, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you! We know your time is valuable and we appreciate you taking the time to publish your comments.

Being part of a military community we understand the importance of being flexible with planning, and we want to make sure we are a help and not a hindrance. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love it when we can make our guest's day. I will be sure to print this comment out and share with the rest of the staff. They will be so excited.
And finally, please extend our gratitude to your son for his service, we appreciate it.

We look forward to seeing you all again very soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel's exterior gives the illusion that it's fairly new but the rooms are beyond outdated! To me it looks like it was another hotel chain and Marriott took it over. I have stayed at Fairfield Inn several times before in other cities and none of them looked like this.

It was very clean (don't get me wrong), but not up-to-date. They are in serious need of a cosmetic makeover and modernization to the room.

Oh and to end, the walls are PAPER THIN. I could hear the people in the rooms next to me close the refrigerators, cough, and have conversations where I could make out every word they were saying (and they weren't even being loud).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here because I'm a Marriott rewards member and there aren't too many Marriott's in town. At $120 a night, it's was expensive for a Fairfield but competitive in the Jacksonville area. Because of the Marine bases, hotel demand is high because of contractors, families, and transient Marines. Hotel was clean, breakfast was OK. If you wasn't something hot, McDonald's is just next door. Controls on the shower were reversed in my room and I didn't think I had hot water the first day. Either fix it or tell guests when they arrive. I was expecting to be comped for the inconvenience but wasn't. Some rewards points would have been nice. Free wireless internet but i was hard to get in my room. In the afternoon, fresh homemade cookies in the lobby are nice if you get back to the hotel before they are gone! Front desk staff are friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get close to the lobby for a good internet connection.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank xnayontheamenay
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband just spent 2 nights at this hotel. He was first taken to a room that smelled so badly of mildew and some other horrible smell that he couldn't stay there. They gave him another room, a suite, for the night and it was better, but still very damp. Because that room was $40 more per night they required him to move again for his second night. This time they gave him a regular king room on the third floor that had clearly been renovated. The carpet was cleaner and it did not smell or feel damp at all. If he went back, he would only stay there if he could have one of the newly renovated rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BUsd
Defiance, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

This was our fourth stay at this particular hotel...clean,quiet, convenient, friendly, and a great breakfast!
Highly recommend....

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Conrad C
Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

After having a reservation at another hotel we switched to the Fairfield because the other was discusting and the police officer in the lobby was nice, but did not add to our comfort level...needless to say we cancelled our reservations and started making calls. The staff at the Fairfield was extremely helpful and took care of our needs immediately. My kids had fun at their pool and it was worth the extra few dollars to know we had a safer and cleaner place to stay. I would recommend them to anyone who needed to come to Jacksonville.

Room Tip: We stayed on the backside toward the woods (third floor) and it was very quiet
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family