“Ask for a third floor rennovated room”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
San Diego, California
“Ask for a third floor rennovated room”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband just spent 2 nights at this hotel. He was first taken to a room that smelled so badly of mildew and some other horrible smell that he couldn't stay there. They gave him another room, a suite, for the night and it was better, but still very damp. Because that room was $40 more per night they required him to move again for his second night. This time they gave him a regular king room on the third floor that had clearly been renovated. The carpet was cleaner and it did not smell or feel damp at all. If he went back, he would only stay there if he could have one of the newly renovated rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BUsd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Defiance, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

This was our fourth stay at this particular hotel...clean,quiet, convenient, friendly, and a great breakfast!
Highly recommend....

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Conrad C
Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2012

After having a reservation at another hotel we switched to the Fairfield because the other was discusting and the police officer in the lobby was nice, but did not add to our comfort level...needless to say we cancelled our reservations and started making calls. The staff at the Fairfield was extremely helpful and took care of our needs immediately. My kids had fun at their pool and it was worth the extra few dollars to know we had a safer and cleaner place to stay. I would recommend them to anyone who needed to come to Jacksonville.

Room Tip: We stayed on the backside toward the woods (third floor) and it was very quiet
1 Thank Sunie R
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We know we can count on the Fairfield in Jacksonville, NC for efficient service and a clean room. I had a problem with some humidity in my room upon arrival. The staff resolved my problem efficiently and to my satisfaction. The rooms are spotless and well-maintained. The breakfast was well-stocked and run well with friendly staff both days I was there. The front desk makes every effort to keep you comfortable. They are also friendly and service-oriented. The carpets were being cleaned throughout while I was there, which could be an essential, but inconvenient experience, but the workers were helpful in moving baggage around the hoses and providing assistance that I needed upon departure. My only complaint was that my wifi service was sporadic the second night of my stay. This is a great hotel and I highly recommend it to any traveler, especially marine parents visiting their son or daughter at Camp Lejuene. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Room Tip: I would select a room closer to the center of the hotel for better wifi service.
Columbia, SC
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This location is super close to everything, but borders a wooded area so we did not feel as if we were right in the middle of a commercial area. The beds were super comfy and the rooms were a nice size. Our only glitch was when the pool was closed due tot he fact that the emergency phone was out of service. The management promptly made arrangements for guests to use the pool at a nearby property and the issue was repaired and the pool was reopened in a timely manner. The breakfast was nice and the breakfast attendants were pleasant and a treat to see each morning.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn while visiting Jacksonville to welcome my brother home from Afghanistan. The hotel is in a good location near restaurants, Walmart and our favorite Southern fast food chain, Bojangles. The hotel offers a great complimentary continental breakfast that my husband and I loved. It includes waffles, hot breakfast sandwiches, fresh fruit, juices, cereals and much more. We also had a small fridge and microwave in our room which was nice. The staff was very kind and accommodating. While we were checking in, they noticed we qualified for a cheaper rate and they gave it to us on the spot. Not a lot of hotels would do that and we were both grateful and impressed. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Jacksonville.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FrazierFamily
Longs, South Carolina
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn on business. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable since my work schedule had me coming and going at odd times. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business