“Yuck”

Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
North Topsail Beach, North Carolina, United States
“Yuck”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

After walking around for a couple of minutes in my room, the bottom of my feet were black like I had been walking barefoot outside. Don't imagine the floor has been cleaned in a while. Traffic noise woke me up at 630 am and it felt like a window was open because it was that loud. On a positive note, the front desk staff were nice and there was a 36" flat screen with hbo in the room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My initial impression checking in was that it was not worth the $90 a night I had spent. After going outside to get my bag, I came back in and realized it definitely wasn't worth that amount because there was a dead cockroach under the desk. I then found another dead cockroach next to the bed. I immediately went to the front desk and asked for a refund. Luckily the woman did not argue and said she would refund my card.

• Stayed April 2012

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

sharon
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I will come back to this hotal it was very cleaning and the housekeeper was so understand about what we need ,And the front desk was so understand when we lost our keys .And I want to thank theresa for all the help she give us by help us find a nice club . So thank you brenda wilhelm

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Cape May Court House, New Jersey
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was fortunate enough to have a room in the rear of the building, away from the main road, bar, and traffic noise so it was nice and quiet. The room was clean, no bugs. Nothing fancy. Good for an overnight stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed September 9, 2011

First of all, the pictures on the web site paints a much "rosier" picture than it actually is. The room is not worth the $100+ we paid, probably a $50 room.

Second, on check out I ask them to bill the charges to a different card than I initially used to book the room. When I got home the next day and checked my account, I saw they not only had submitted charges to the card I ask them to use, but ALSO had billed the original card I booked the room with. So, I had paid TWICE for the room. When I called and ask them to remove it, the manager's comment was that what I was seeing on my bank account "online" was not true. When I tried to track him down, I was either given a bad number by his clerk as to where he was, or they lied when they told me they did not know anyone by that name. Anyway, I finally had to file a complaint with Days Inn Corporate to get a resolution. It took three days to get this accomplished!!

My advice is go up the street about another mile and find a better place than this.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Vista, California
Reviewed January 16, 2011

The lounge upstairs exits in front of the upper flor rooms. There was a bunch of loud mouth marines right outside our door all night until 4 in the morning. Even if we were atr the end and downstairs we would have been bothered. Had an hour sleep before leaving for Raleigh Airport.

Chiiped sinks but overall room is clean. Staff grreat-they tried to get the jerks out of there with police and all but the perps were too beligerent then nice when cops came.

If you want the bar and noise outside your door-this is the one for you.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business