“Average stay”

Days Inn Jacksonville NC
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I was fortunate enough to have a room in the rear of the building, away from the main road, bar, and traffic noise so it was nice and quiet. The room was clean, no bugs. Nothing fancy. Good for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 9, 2011

First of all, the pictures on the web site paints a much "rosier" picture than it actually is. The room is not worth the $100+ we paid, probably a $50 room.

Second, on check out I ask them to bill the charges to a different card than I initially used to book the room. When I got home the next day and checked my account, I saw they not only had submitted charges to the card I ask them to use, but ALSO had billed the original card I booked the room with. So, I had paid TWICE for the room. When I called and ask them to remove it, the manager's comment was that what I was seeing on my bank account "online" was not true. When I tried to track him down, I was either given a bad number by his clerk as to where he was, or they lied when they told me they did not know anyone by that name. Anyway, I finally had to file a complaint with Days Inn Corporate to get a resolution. It took three days to get this accomplished!!

My advice is go up the street about another mile and find a better place than this.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2011

The lounge upstairs exits in front of the upper flor rooms. There was a bunch of loud mouth marines right outside our door all night until 4 in the morning. Even if we were atr the end and downstairs we would have been bothered. Had an hour sleep before leaving for Raleigh Airport.

Chiiped sinks but overall room is clean. Staff grreat-they tried to get the jerks out of there with police and all but the perps were too beligerent then nice when cops came.

If you want the bar and noise outside your door-this is the one for you.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Motel has been refurbished and very clean overall. Staff was friendly, good continental breakfast included.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GRLZHD
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My husband and a group of friends were going on a motorcycle ride to Cherry POint. Since I couldn't find a reasonable hotel there I looked to Jacksonville. Despite some of the reviews I booked 3 rooms anyway. I worried until my husband got there and told me it was nice. Yes, it is near a Marine base...and, yes, a troop evidently came home that weekend...and, yes, it was a little noisy...but, he said they all slept well; it was clean; and it was nice. The price was right and the people I dealt with there were extremely nice. Courtney is such a patient person to work behind their desk. I recommend this hotel. If my husband was happy with it, then its great!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank kht4unc
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Our stay was to see our Marine stationed at Camp Lejeune. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful with any of our requests. Convieniently located to all shopping and some very good restaurants. Plus they have a lounge for relaxing and entertainment!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2010

I was traveling to north carolina to visit my boyfriend who is a Marine. We stayed there for three nights and everything was fairly awesome. Everything was really clean, and I am specifically anal about the condition of a hotel bathroom and shower, and the bathroom was immaculate. I am a non-smoker and got stuck with a smoking room but as soon as I walked in I noticed how fresh the room smelled. Everything was lovely down to the people who worked there, I definately will consider staying here again on my next visit! Perfect for those visiting love ones and staying together from Lejeune. My only complaints would be that we had a tiny little issue with the internet, and the walls were a little thin, because we could hear most of the things the couple in the next room were "doing". Other then that, amazing stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple