“Best Dinner”

Courthouse Caffe
Ranked #109 of 257 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Renee is known for having great lunch and catering but I think many people still don't know about the dinner service. We love to go for dinner because the food is good, it is not too noisy, like many other places. Currently they are only open the 1st 2 Fridays each month, maybe that will change if word gets out.

NeeNeech, Owner at Courthouse Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

So happy you enjoyed yourself for dinner. We were actually quite busy this past Friday night, (word might buffer getting out)!!
Come again soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Courthouse Caffe is a terrific, local restaurant, which is refreshing in a town like Jacksonville. I'm not from the area and was trying to plan a 50th anniversary party for my in-laws and came across the Courthouse Caffe, and I'm so glad I did! In a place that is littered with chain restaurants, the Courthouse is a local establishment with terrific food and charm. The owner, Renee, was fantastic to work with and the room was set up so nicely that it made the entire evening incredibly memorable. We also recently had a family lunch there and Renee made sure we were all taken care of and had everything we needed. We plan on going back again when we are in the area - we highly recommend it!

NeeNeech, Owner at Courthouse Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for your praise. Your party was alot of fun and I am glad we were able to help back in July. Everyone certainly did seem to enjoy themselves and your decor was stunning.
I am also so sorry for your recent loss and that you were not able to come down here.
I do however look forward to our paths crossing once again in the summer.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Don't miss the experience of eating at downtown Jacksonville's Courthouse Cafe! Not being from Jacksonville, I found it while exploring, and don't want to keep it a secret for newcomers. I tried it for breakfast and was able to get gluten free pancakes, and realized also that they had more gluten free options for lunch and dinner to help with the diet I'm on. Not only that, but they have ton's of other items on their menu that I plan to check out again soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Returned for a lunch with a friend and found the same tired menu. Service is somewhat improved but wait staff unfriendly with no polish whatsoever. Owner comes out to speak to only some tables. Food is good but will take out next time.

Beth,
I do hope you have returned since our new menu has debuted. We did need to make changes and have finally done so. It is difficult to come up with new menu selections while using the "court theme" around here, but we have done it. Please come back again with the Ladies, and have some new items.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Although I have lived in the area for years I just came across this find. I had heard great thing's from people, but never knew where it was. I finally tried it for lunch and I was amazed! The service and food were great!