“Worthwhile for a seasoned Officer.”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The rooms were accommodating. The location was perfect. The staff was friendly and eager to help on a moments notice. The one intangible was the free shuttle to the nicest bar and restaurant in Jacksonville. This allowed for an individual or couple to truly unwind without the hassle of driving to or from. For me, this service was priceless.

• Stayed: June 2013
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thanks for the review and for your service!

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay, and took full advantage of our free shuttle to Duck's Restaurant. I'm sure they will miss you as well!

Thanks again, see you on your next class!!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went to visit my son and stayed there for four days. It was very clean, convenient and close to everything you needed. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this facility to all people staying in area.

Room Tip: i believe any room would be a good choice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul D
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Paul,

Thanks for the kind words both on this survey and our Choice review, it is GREATLY appreciated!!!

We look forward to serving your needs upon your next visit to Jacksonville!

Thanks again!

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We visit Jacksonville every year for vacation, this was one of our best hotel stays! Staff very friendly and helpful. Location is perfect for going on base, beaches very close by. The only complaint we had was the road noise is terrible. Over all a great stay!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thanks for the compliments on our hotel and our wonderful staff.

We hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Jacksonville!

Thanks again!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I found this hotel to be one of the best in Jacksonville! The staff was wonderful and VERY accomadating.
My dad is 88 and can't walk long distances. I explained this when I checked in and we got a room right off the elevator! The room was spacious and comfortable. Again, the staff was wonderful! Thanks for all you do.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thanks for the review!!!

Glad we were able to accommodate your special needs and take care of you and your family.

My staff will be thrilled to hear your raving review!!

We look forward to serving you the next time you're in Jacksonville.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

The pool was very small and not clean.The house keeper was walking around on the second floor with just her socks on.lol...she also was keeping the freezer items that was in the rooms from prior people.the room was nice.There was no breakfast,just warm coffee.The workers are non freindly.Only the lady that checked us in was nice..I wont stay here again.But only because there wasnt a breakfast bar and a nice pool.But this is a cheap room and very nice for the money.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank rhonda7113
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Thanks for the reply, it’s informative and allows us to look at areas to improve upon.

Our pool just recently opened and passed inspections, we attend to it daily, so I apologize if the pool wasn’t up to your expectations. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our community area, we have just finished a large overhang near the pool and picnic area to give our guests another place to commune together.

Thanks for information on our housekeeper’s shoe wear, I assure you we will address this immediately as this is not an accepted attire of our staff. Being an extended stay property, many of our long-term guests our very generous to our wonderful staff by leaving their unused food items for our staff when they checkout, for which they are allowed to take home.

I’m disturbed to hear you felt our staff was “non friendly”, as we have had numerous compliments about staff over the three-years we’ve been open, both on Trip Advisor and through our Choice surveys, where we have been awarded Gold status two consecutive years. We take great pride in this fact, although we are not perfect, we strive to ensure are guests have a great stay.

We do appreciate you commending on the affordability of our room and that we was ‘very nice’ for the price. We hope that you would give us another opportunity, but if you choose not to, we do recommend the Mainstay Suites as they are brand new hotel with a breakfast.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My son checked in with a large group of Marines. I believe they had ten rooms in all and everyone got the Military rate as that is the hotels policy. It was 77 per rooms as usual, but most hotel only offer several rooms. This hotel will rent every room they have at the military rate glad to see some Patriotism in Jacksonville. The best part is its an award winning two year old hotel WOW!! And the closest to all bases and full kitchen in every room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thanks for the kind words, but more importantly THANKS to our wonderful military! From the beginning, we made it a point of emphasis to ALWAYS honor the per diem rate; we have no cap on how many we will accept.

We have won the Gold award two consecutive years and we’re working on number three!

Again, thanks for your comments we truly appreciate it!

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I had to be here for 30 days on business. The room had everything I needed & then some!! Full kitchen- ironing board & I even forgot my hair dryer- but my room had one! The staff was more than courteous & helpful always-- coffee is complimentary. They had a nice workout room & large vending area & a laundry room. I had a full kitchen, & if I ran out of anything they gave me more with a smile. I was even greeted when I came in-- daily, "how was your day"!! Astonishing. The outdoor pool was so clean & so relaxing & it was exactly what I needed!! Free Internet too & nice flat screens w/ cable! Beds were great, rooms super clean, and very roomy! I felt right at home:). They have a cornhole game that's free to play & once a week their sales lady miss Lisa gave us a free cookout! There is even a bar on property where they have comedy nights on Saturday and it was so fun- I didn't have to drive anywhere for entertainment. This is another hotel I'd stay at long term- they made it like a mini vacation even though I was working :). Thank you all suburban staff!! Sorry for the late review as I just learned of trip advisor but did not forget the comfort you provided me with!! Also- for the rate- hands down its unlike any other suburban out there!

• Stayed: July 2012
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thanks for your very detail and excellent review of our hotel! We take a lot of pride in our hotel and we want everyone's stay to be a pleasant experience.

We look forward to your next visit to our great city!