“Great place to stay!”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We visit Jacksonville every year for vacation, this was one of our best hotel stays! Staff very friendly and helpful. Location is perfect for going on base, beaches very close by. The only complaint we had was the road noise is terrible. Over all a great stay!!!

• Stayed June 2013
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thanks for the compliments on our hotel and our wonderful staff.

We hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Jacksonville!

Thanks again!
Rick Young

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Beaufort, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I found this hotel to be one of the best in Jacksonville! The staff was wonderful and VERY accomadating.
My dad is 88 and can't walk long distances. I explained this when I checked in and we got a room right off the elevator! The room was spacious and comfortable. Again, the staff was wonderful! Thanks for all you do.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thanks for the review!!!

Glad we were able to accommodate your special needs and take care of you and your family.

My staff will be thrilled to hear your raving review!!

We look forward to serving you the next time you're in Jacksonville.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

The pool was very small and not clean.The house keeper was walking around on the second floor with just her socks on.lol...she also was keeping the freezer items that was in the rooms from prior people.the room was nice.There was no breakfast,just warm coffee.The workers are non freindly.Only the lady that checked us in was nice..I wont stay here again.But only because there wasnt a breakfast bar and a nice pool.But this is a cheap room and very nice for the money.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank rhonda7113
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thanks for the reply, it’s informative and allows us to look at areas to improve upon.

Our pool just recently opened and passed inspections, we attend to it daily, so I apologize if the pool wasn’t up to your expectations. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our community area, we have just finished a large overhang near the pool and picnic area to give our guests another place to commune together.

Thanks for information on our housekeeper’s shoe wear, I assure you we will address this immediately as this is not an accepted attire of our staff. Being an extended stay property, many of our long-term guests our very generous to our wonderful staff by leaving their unused food items for our staff when they checkout, for which they are allowed to take home.

I’m disturbed to hear you felt our staff was “non friendly”, as we have had numerous compliments about staff over the three-years we’ve been open, both on Trip Advisor and through our Choice surveys, where we have been awarded Gold status two consecutive years. We take great pride in this fact, although we are not perfect, we strive to ensure are guests have a great stay.

We do appreciate you commending on the affordability of our room and that we was ‘very nice’ for the price. We hope that you would give us another opportunity, but if you choose not to, we do recommend the Mainstay Suites as they are brand new hotel with a breakfast.

e.m.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My son checked in with a large group of Marines. I believe they had ten rooms in all and everyone got the Military rate as that is the hotels policy. It was 77 per rooms as usual, but most hotel only offer several rooms. This hotel will rent every room they have at the military rate glad to see some Patriotism in Jacksonville. The best part is its an award winning two year old hotel WOW!! And the closest to all bases and full kitchen in every room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thanks for the kind words, but more importantly THANKS to our wonderful military! From the beginning, we made it a point of emphasis to ALWAYS honor the per diem rate; we have no cap on how many we will accept.

We have won the Gold award two consecutive years and we’re working on number three!

Again, thanks for your comments we truly appreciate it!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I had to be here for 30 days on business. The room had everything I needed & then some!! Full kitchen- ironing board & I even forgot my hair dryer- but my room had one! The staff was more than courteous & helpful always-- coffee is complimentary. They had a nice workout room & large vending area & a laundry room. I had a full kitchen, & if I ran out of anything they gave me more with a smile. I was even greeted when I came in-- daily, "how was your day"!! Astonishing. The outdoor pool was so clean & so relaxing & it was exactly what I needed!! Free Internet too & nice flat screens w/ cable! Beds were great, rooms super clean, and very roomy! I felt right at home:). They have a cornhole game that's free to play & once a week their sales lady miss Lisa gave us a free cookout! There is even a bar on property where they have comedy nights on Saturday and it was so fun- I didn't have to drive anywhere for entertainment. This is another hotel I'd stay at long term- they made it like a mini vacation even though I was working :). Thank you all suburban staff!! Sorry for the late review as I just learned of trip advisor but did not forget the comfort you provided me with!! Also- for the rate- hands down its unlike any other suburban out there!

• Stayed July 2012
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thanks for your very detail and excellent review of our hotel! We take a lot of pride in our hotel and we want everyone's stay to be a pleasant experience.

We look forward to your next visit to our great city!

Morganton, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

My family stayed at the Suburban Extended Stay in February, 2013. This was one of the best cleanest hotelw I have stayed in. The rooms were very spacious and neat. The room was equipped with everything you would need for an extended stay. The staff was very courteous and friendly. When visiting in Jacksonville, NC we will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be a good choice.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your kind words about our hotel being clean and a perfect setup for your needs. We strive to make everyone's stay with us a pleasant experience.

We look forward to serving your needs upon your next visit to Jacksonville.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel is actually quite close to the main gate of Camp Lejeune. The location was about the only thing I cared for in this hotel. Mind you the room, although it was small, was clean and serviceable. The fridge and kitchen were just fine but I would rather not have to listen to the sound of my refrigerator all night long as the room was a very small studio kind of layout.

I was more turned off by the fact that there were a lot of seemingly unsavory characters milling about. If you're used to staying in extended stay hotels, this place might not be an issue for you. However if you are not used to places like this, you might be a bit thrown off. The feel of the place was somewhat shabby and combine that with a lot of dirty day laborers looking like they had just come from the coal mines, I shudder to think what was in my room before I got there.

Ultimately I had a good experience at this hotel. However I take it seriously when after telling some locals where I was staying they looked at me with great concern in their eyes and said to try and move as soon as possible.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Let me apologize for the refrigerator sound? Did you inform the front desk? They would have been glad to assist your with your situation.

We do provide lodging for a varied degree of clientele, from our great military members to construction crews to normal travelers alike, we attend to all, whether it’s for one night or several.

We don’t have, nor allow, any ‘unsavory characters’, although I can understand how some of the construction crews can come off with this appearance, but I can assure you, they are just hard working individuals who are working on the base.

I am pleased that overall it was a good experience, that the room was clean, our staff takes great pride in our hotel, whether it be the condition of our hotel to our staff service.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know where we can improve; it greatly helps me to know where to focus our team on improvements.