“Set your expectations appropriately”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Set your expectations appropriately”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This hotel is actually quite close to the main gate of Camp Lejeune. The location was about the only thing I cared for in this hotel. Mind you the room, although it was small, was clean and serviceable. The fridge and kitchen were just fine but I would rather not have to listen to the sound of my refrigerator all night long as the room was a very small studio kind of layout.

I was more turned off by the fact that there were a lot of seemingly unsavory characters milling about. If you're used to staying in extended stay hotels, this place might not be an issue for you. However if you are not used to places like this, you might be a bit thrown off. The feel of the place was somewhat shabby and combine that with a lot of dirty day laborers looking like they had just come from the coal mines, I shudder to think what was in my room before I got there.

Ultimately I had a good experience at this hotel. However I take it seriously when after telling some locals where I was staying they looked at me with great concern in their eyes and said to try and move as soon as possible.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Let me apologize for the refrigerator sound? Did you inform the front desk? They would have been glad to assist your with your situation.

We do provide lodging for a varied degree of clientele, from our great military members to construction crews to normal travelers alike, we attend to all, whether it’s for one night or several.

We don’t have, nor allow, any ‘unsavory characters’, although I can understand how some of the construction crews can come off with this appearance, but I can assure you, they are just hard working individuals who are working on the base.

I am pleased that overall it was a good experience, that the room was clean, our staff takes great pride in our hotel, whether it be the condition of our hotel to our staff service.

Rick Young

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had a one night stay! I had a black spot in the middle of my carpet when I checked in and made sure the front desk knew about it. My friend's room smelled like feet and/or dead fish. The supplied her with Febreze to spray the room, however it was not enough. They comped her room, but we will never stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
First, let me humbly apologize for the small black spot on the carpet in the room, it is a mark that hasn’t come up from many attempts by my maintenance staff to do so. I know that my Assistant Manager spoke with you Saturday morning when you checked out and she refunded your room by 40% immediately at checkout.

I regret that this has hindered your view of our hotel, as you can view from the many reviews we have on Trip Advisor, we take great pride in our hotel, whether it be the condition of our hotel to our staff service. We have been awarded a Gold Award by Choice for the second consecutive year, based off our customer surveys.

We take any complaint as an opportunity to improve; we will look into both complaints and look for ways to improve upon the experience for future guests.

Please accept my apology from myself and my wonderful staff, hopefully you’ll give us another opportunity to win your business in the future but I understand if you choose not to.

Again, Thank you for taking the time to let us know where we can improve; it greatly helps me to know where to focus our team on improvements.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Entire staff is friendly, professional, and knowledgeable! Reliable room service. Excellent location. Located directly in the middle of Camp Lejeune, Camp Johnson, and MCAS New River! Highly recommend this hotel for Marines, Navy, and families visiting the bases!

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the O House which is next door...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin C
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thanks for commenting on our hotel, especially as it was related to our staff! We do our best to make your staff as pleasant as possible!

We look forward to your next visit!
Dillsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very nice hotel. It is clean and the staff is very friendly and attentive to the needs of the traveler. Wonderful laundry facilities and exercise room. Each room has an efficency kitchen that is very nice. Parking may be a bit difficult if you come in later at night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JLHRD
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and out staff. We strive to make you stay with us a pleasant experience.

Thanks again for taking your valuable time to fill out this review and the Choice survey.

We look forward to serving your needs upon your next visit to Jacksonville.

Thanks,
Penn Hills, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel after going to Jacksonville N.C. for her brother`s funeral.We were very surprised at the cleanliness and atmosphere there.They also had a stove and full refrigerator in which we were surprised.The front desk service was very nice and friendly also.The hotel is close to a lot of restaurants and shopping places too.We would definitely stay there again and would recommend this hotel to our friends.

N.Peters
Pittsburgh,Pa.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SuburbanLejeuneGM, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment about your staff, especially after such an emotional trip.

We appreciate your time and comments about our hotel and staff.

Rick
Jacksonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We came to the hotel on a Monday night after getting off a plane that flew in from Hawaii (with 3 layovers), and of course we were extremely tired. I had already booked with the hotel and so check in was extremely fast and easy. We walked in the room and I was not expecting much, but it was clean, smelled fresh, and the beds were nice and firm. We've been looking for a house, and was only expecting to stay a few days. That plan fell through and so I had to extend our stay another week. The front desk clerk was very professional, and helpful. She simply typed in what days we needed, scanned our room cards and we were all set. One complaint I do have about our stay was how there were a lot of loud construction workers for a couple of days, but I have kids so it wasn't that big of a deal. Also, the outside doors do not lock. It says that you need a key card to enter, but they were not locked at all. If it were in a bad neighborhood I might have complained about it a little more, but it's still dangerous to have your side doors unlocked where anyone can enter, and not have to pass the front desk at all. Other than that, our stay has been, and is going extremely well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
seslejeune, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review and for extending your stay with us, that is why we are here to service your needs, even when the unexpected occurs.

I will look into our doors they should operate with key cards to ensure that they are working properly. Thank you for making us aware.

Thanks again for making us your lodging provider, we truly appreciate this honor.
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very much enjoyed our stay at the Camp Lejeune Suburban. Pluses...let us check in early, kitchenette with full size fridge and microwave with two burner stove top. Very comfy beds, great AC, very clean. We originally were placed in a room towards the front on the second floor...(we reserved two rooms)...and from reviews I read we asked for rooms in the back due to bar/noise from a club in front of the hotel. We were fortunate to move one room and a bit disappointed they would not move both rooms. Thurs eve Room 212 did not have a problem, however, Fri and Sat nights it was loud. Other room reserved was in 330 towards the back and the only issue was the person(s) on the fourth floor walked like they were elephants all times of the day and night. Not the hotel's fault, though! Wished there were more amenities in the room...all there was was a little sample of shampoo and a larger tv would be nice. No cleaning service or towel exchange unless you brought yours to the front desk for exchange. We did get a military discount so the price was not too bad. Will be going back often as our son is stationed at Camp Lejeune and we will definitely stay at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel if the prices are still competitive. Did not get to use pool or gym but will when we return. If you have any doubts about this hotel, don't worry...close proximity to main strip to Western Blvd where all stores and restaurants are located...and mall and movies. Not much to do in the area but we just wanted to see, hug and experience our Marine!!!

Room Tip: Room 330 was great...in the back and fall from elevator...occupants in room above were walking very...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
seslejeune, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Camp Lejeune, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks for the detailed review!!!

We will look into the look into the rooms you had, plus the other recommendations.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to serve you while you was here to see your Marine!!! Great that he's home!!!

Look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Camp Lejeune!

Thanks again!!