“Booked through Priceline!!!!!”

Econo Lodge
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 3, 2014

PLEASE, DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THAT I DID...............Pay a few more dollars a night. I drove 13.5 hours so my daughter could visit her boyfriend at Camp Le June. I booked 2 rooms through Priceline.com. (read fine print before using anyone of these sights). This hotel is a drug/prostitution ring. How they can even keep the name Econo Lodge is baffling to me. I should have read more reviews on my travel guide. com. Staff very friendly, but being kept up all night by people yelling/running and doors slamming is ridiculous. Hotel put everyone on the same floor, to make it easier for housekeeping (understandable), but extremely inconsiderate. They keep their doors open I'm quiet sure with the local guest they support. I hope who ever considers staying at this hotel reads my post review before making a reservation.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank judy d

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was very happy with my stay at this hotel, front desk agent "Ricado" was very polite and courteous and helpful with directions. The room was clean and I must say the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good and had some nice selection of hot and cold food. I am glad I choose to stay here it was value for money.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Peter T
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked this hotel because I'm a loyal Choice Hotels fan, and the reviews of this Econo Lodge made it sound like it'd be a nice weekend stay. It was really close to Camp LeJeune, and the pricing was average for the Choice lines. I was there to spend the weekend with my Marine boyfriend, and we weren't planning on staying in the hotel much. Logic suggested that the rates were good enough for a place we'd only be sleeping at. I arrived Friday evening around 6:30pm. The place was well lit, and check-in went really quickly and smoothly. I got to my room on the 2nd floor. Took the elevator since I had a heavy suitcase. The corridor from the elevator was dirty and reminded me of an old dorm I used to live in. My room smelled like a wet gym sock, and the carpet was soaked by the door and air unit. I was exhausted after a 14 hour drive, so I didn't complain at the time. I got into bed (which I have to admit, the bed was comfortable) and tried to go to sleep, but the other tenants of the hotel were loud all night long. My boyfriend arrived the next morning after 24-hour duty and said that he'd taken the stairs instead of the elevator to my room. He said that it smelled like someone had used it as their personal bathroom. When the cleaning staff came by, I told them about the wet spot in the room, and they said they'd take care of it. My boyfriend and I left and came back later that evening. When we left, I smelled the personal bathroom in the stairwell. It was NASTY. Plus there was trash everywhere. When we got back to the room, the bed hadn't been made, nor had the wet spot been taken care of. If anything, it was worse. We did have fresh towels, at least. He and I were laying in bed when we saw roaches start crawling across the desk. As for checkout at the end of the trip, the front desk was abandoned for almost 30 minutes before the clerk decided to show up to check us out. At the very least, we were hanging out downstairs for 30 minutes before she showed up, and she got an attitude with us for being down there. Just remember, you get what you pay for. If you want quality, this place isn't it!

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katy G
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Been working on the house and had to stay someplace for a few nights. Got a king size smoking room for the same price as a non smoking. Other places wanted to charge me more. Sorry, I smoke, not paying more. Room was good, bed was great, clean, hot water. Had breakfast in the morning. Pleasant people, front desk lady in the morning was really funny and pleasant to talk with. Prices were great, lot less than other places in town and I know J'ville can be pricey.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank john s
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This is a very nice, comfortable setting motel. Very courteous staff who were helpful in me locating the Marine base that I was looking for. A great continental breakfast! Very accommodating since I was arriving earlier than actual check-in time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kendra M
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My friends and I ended up getting four rooms at this Econo Lodge for a trip to Jacksonville for a sporting event. We had to change the reservations several times and the front desk staff were always friendly and helpful. Everyone was given a great rate. The staff who worked the front desk were informative and told me I could check out late with my Choice Rewards membership. The cleaning staff were friendly and accommodating as well. Good value for the price. The pool was nice, too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ldendy
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was a last minute to stay here. When my sister and I walked to the counter, I decided to check TripAdvisor. We started to leave when we read some of the reviews. We are so glad we stayed. Very nice place. Staff was very friendly. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013