“Great mix of Hibachi and Sushi at same table”

Hakata Japanese Steak House
Ranked #40 of 248 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
“Great mix of Hibachi and Sushi at same table”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Habachi places galore in Jacksonville for some reason. This one had excellent food and allowed a full sushi bar menu at the hibachi grill -- allowing different party members to choose between Hibachi or Sushi for their meal.

Visited June 2014

Greenville, South Carolina
“Great food!”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent ! The shows at all of the Japanese chop chop things are about the same. I have to say unfortunately the tricks aren't new and at this point we like going for the food because it is hot and served right to you. So if you have kids or someone new to the show by all means go, but if you think there is some new trick out there, well unfortunately no. The guy we had did fabulous seasoning and cooking the food. We ate with a bizarre group of three where they wanted something different with every dish, the first was 'oh I forgot to tell you I had a seafood allergy' then we didn't like the salad or the soup, then she wanted to split the dish with someone else. ' but the chef handled it well by letting us know that he would make the shrimp last, so our appetizer would be at the end of the meal and my wife would get her shrimp at the end. That was probably the most inconvenient. Because my wife did not get her food until the end of the meal.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Frank S
Greenville, North Carolina
“Just as Good as I remember”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Due to a job change haven't been in the vicinity to visit Hakata ....but was passing thru OAJ and stopped ... Some of the best sushi I'vd had in awhile and reasonably priced ..
The sushi bar was great , as I remembered and as always the teppaki side was crowded and loud ... but the sushi bar had some quiet and delicious food
If you haven't been there ...it's a must do

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Furlough
Michigan
“Awesome experience!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been to quite few Japanese steak houses and this was definitely the best! We had great service all the way around: server, greeter and chef. This was also the most affordable Japanese Steakhouse I have ever been to. Very entertaining and definitely a huge portion of food, enough for two days! Great value and great time!

• Visited July 2013
“best sushi in Jacksonville!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is my favorite!
Japanese owner and they serve 'ichiban' sushi/food in town.
Thier special rolls are more reasonable than any other sushi restaurant's and yet, they are very tasty!!

Visited July 2013