“Getting run down.”

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Westminster
“Getting run down.”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel just one night four years ago when it was new. Of course it was great. We just returned from a five night stay. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms needs better touch-up paint. There were massive cob-webs in the closet and several in the upper corners in the bathroom. It just needs some TLC.

We won't stay there again, if possible. It's too far out-of-the-way & there are newer hotels being built, or recently opened.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TPSJax, Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
I am sorry you were disappointed in my property. We do work very hard to get things right, sometimes we do make mistakes. If there is any way I can be of assistance please feel free to call and I will do what it takes to get it right. Anette General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hopatcong, NJ
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I don't understand all the good reviews for this hotel. We stayed here in late August for 1 night, after our daughter ran in a night marathon in Holly Ridge. We arrived after midnight and the front desk clerk was very nice, but in the first room we were put in, the sofa bed would not open. It was so bad that we couldn't even get it to close back up again. We were so tired and we all just wanted to get to sleep. We were moved to another room, and the sofa bed did open ok, but there were already used sheets on the bed, so we had to remove those before putting on the new sheets from the closet. According to the person who had to sleep on the sofa bed, it was extremely uncomfortable, and they felt like the pillow and blanket were dirty and smelled. The regular bedroom was fine, as was the bathroom. It was nice having a kitchen in the room, but it too didn't seem to be as clean as one would expect. I am now almost afraid to book another Marriott room for our next trip even though we have Marriott reward points that we can use. This hotel is also down a street with not much else around, and there were two men in the parking lot when we arrived who made us feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rtbond
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Bond Family,
I would like to apologize for your inconvenience at our TownePlace Suites and say I am so disappointed you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We pride ourselves in striving to be the best and I am sorry we didn't meet those expectation during your visit. If you ever visit Jacksonville, NC again
I hope you will give us a chance to make this up to you. Feel free to contact me so I can asure your satisfaction.
Anette/ General Manager
Port Richey, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife & I stayed here for 4 nights recently. We had our 2 dogs with us. This was our second time staying here & I felt I needed to write a review. Our first stay was as wonderful as this one.
I must say this is the best hotel in the area, especially if you are bringing your four legged family, which we always travel with.
It is very clean the free breakfast is good, they even have trays so you can take it back to your room & relax while enjoying breakfast.
Melody is the best! When checking in I asked if we could have a ground floor room (easier to exercise the dogs) & she told me "already taken care of & near an exit"
Every employee that we saw was extremely polite & always asked if there was anything they could do or get for us.
This is the only place I will stay in Jacksonville!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Richard N. It was very nice to read your review on Trip Advisor. I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to do that. I also would like to thank you for choosing our TownePlace Suites by Marriott. We all realize that you have many choices in Jacksonville, NC and we want you to know we are happy you chose us. Anette/General Manager
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot which means I live in and out of hotels for months at a time and without an doubt I prefer Marriott all of which are good however what separates this hotel is the attention to details,and the staff starting with Gayle Alvis you would be hard pressed to find a better human being in your life time! But it doesn't stop with her the staff in general are great from Annette, Will, Ken.
Heidi and Michelle will go out of there way to take care of you I can honestly say I miss them.
There were several new hotels being built when I left and I'm sure they all are nice but safe yourself from any possible disappointment and stay with the best hotel in Jacksonville NC TownPlace Suites. What separates them from the rest is the staff and as long as they are there I will always return.

I LOVE THEM!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
What can I say, we miss you too. You are such an important part of our family. Thank you for your reviews, we all appreciate it. Please come back and visit us soon. Anette General Manager
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here for a week it was nice and relaxing. The room is comfortable and clean the breakfast was nice and good and the staff is very courteous. Very clean rooms also. Nice size kitchen and the internet was pretty good. Plenty of good restaurant's in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves in going above Marriott standards to make our guest feel at home. Thank you for being part of our TownePlace Siutes family, we enjoyed having you.
Holly Ridge, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2013

After being here for 4 months, I find that I was too quick to be judgemental on my last review. This property has the greatest staff I've had the pleasure to be around. The staff is friendly, helpful and go way beyond the norm to make you feel more like family than just another guest. The studio suite is still small, but not cramped. Like I said, I've been calling this place home for 4 months. I'm leaving in the morning and I'll miss seeing these friendly, cheerful faces every day. Whether it's 5 AM or late night, it's alway great. Worth considering if you need to be in Jacksonville. They're always trying to make your stay better. I'll be back at the end of August and yes, I'll be here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James T
Thank you so much for this review. I know you had your doubts when you checked in. I am so thrilled you changed your mind. We will see you soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed two weeks for a business trip and have nothing but great things to say about the stay. Everyone, yes, all staff, were kind and helpful. Denise from the front desk gave the kids pool toys; other staff replaced my niece's missing flashlight with a new one! Housekeeping found my sister's shoes; another front desk staff member put treat bags in the room for the kids. Yet another gave them a bunch of lollipops. Talk about being spoiled! I don't know if I can even call it customer service - I think it's more kindness and thinking about what would make the guests feel at home. That's the way it has felt at this hotel. Like making friends! Thanks a lot for the very nice memories :)---The Gillette Family (PS - Hope to come back again)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time out of what I am sure is a busy schedule to add such nice comments on Trip Advisor, but even more thank you for choosing our TownePlace Suites for your lodging needs. We realize you have several choices in Jacksonville and we are thankful you chose us.