“LOVELY PEOPLE AND PLACE”

TownePlace Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Monterey
“LOVELY PEOPLE AND PLACE”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I really have nothing to say except being an awesome place , lovely management and smily housekeepers , Clean and reasonable , best in the area , safe . I stayed there for over a month on a business trip and liked it . I would like to go again there . 5 *****
Dr. Lali Asali

1 Thank TIAMOCAMO
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Doctor,
Thank you so much for your comments on Trip Advisor. We really enjoyed having you stay with us and we all hope to see you again if you're ever in Jacksonville, NC.. Anette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Corbin, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived early but was able to go ahead and check in. The front attendant was very helpful for a good place for lunch. The room was clean and comfortable. We had plenty of towels. The bed was clean and offered a relaxing nights sleep. We did not use the pool but it looked clean. The breakfast bar was quick and easy. Overall great stay!

• Stayed May 2013
I just would like to thank you for taking time out of your schedule to compliment us on Trip Advisor.
We all hope you come back and stay with us again. We enjoyed having you as our guest.
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I've stayed at this TownPlace Suites a few times, and this most recent stay was the best. It is located within a short drive of shopping, bases, and airport. A couple restaraunts are within walking distance (Buffalo WildWings and Longhorn). The hotel itself is non-descript from the outside - but is immaculately clean and well-kept. Located in a small shopping area, there is no real scenic view. The lobby is small but has complimentary local and USA Today papers, a small marketplace store with snacks and necessities chargable to your room, and a small dining and seating area. Fresh fruit was always available and a light breakfast was served every morning. The room was excellent for business travel, and would serve families traveling as well. The hotel is pet friendly so I ensured I wasn't in a room near a barking dog - that has happened to me at this hotel previously. The room was spotless and had one of the best hotel beds I've slept on. Rooms are fairly small without much room to move about - distinctly smaller say than a Residence Inn room, in my experience. Otherwise, the room was very functional and had refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, and small 2 burner stove top. Pans, plates, and tableware are all provided. Fast and free wireless internet and tv with HBO. There is a small outdoor pool with gas grill for guests' use. The pool was open and looked inviting while I was there, but received little use. I like to run and there was a residential neighborhood behind the hotel I ran through. Western Blvd extension is main road in front of hotel, but it is 55 mph there and not a runner friendly roadway. Compared to the other hotels I've stayed at in this area - Fairfield Inn, Holiday Inn Express, and Candlewood - this is probably the best value. I was able to get the government rate, which is often unavailable at the other hotels. The staff is small - I didn't see more than 2 employees working most of the time - but very conscientious, courteous and helpful. If you're looking for a great value, and want to be able to fix some of your own meals, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from any dogs if you want to avoid hearing Fido barking or whining.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
I just wanted to say thank you for your comments on our TownePlace Suites in Jacksonville, NC. It is always a pleasure to be praised by our guest. We are very aware of the many choices you have in our town and I'd like to thank you for choosing our property. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Jacksonville.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I just completed a 12-night stay at this TownePlace Suites. I'm a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, so I've stayed at almost all other Marriott brands. I liked that this TownePlace Suites had a room available at the federal government rate (the nearby Fairfield didn't). It's location is also very convenient to Western Blvd. where most of the restaurants, Target, Walmart, and pharmacies are located.

I had a king studio suite, which was sufficient for my stay. It was as comfortable as the room I had at the Residence Inn in San Diego. I would have preferred to be on the third floor (highest floor), but there were none available when I checked in (I was initially offered a room on the first floor, but I refused it). The walls are thin and in the early evenings, I could hear the person in the room above me stomping about. There one only one time during my 12-day stay when I had to complain to the front desk about the noise upstairs (it sounded like they were dropping heavy objects on the floor and it was giving me a pounding headache. Fortunately, the noise stopped for the night soon after I called the front desk. One day I was in the room working and it sounded like someone was banging on the walls, but it turned out to be just housekeeping cleaning the room next door. I could hear conversations in the hallway of people passing by but this was few and far between. What bothered me was the noise overhead from the room above.

The other thing I wasn't to thrilled about is that the front door is not an automatic sliding door, so if you had many pieces of luggage (as I did) or just generally have your hands full, it is a challenge to get through without anyone holding the door for you. They don't even have an automatic button for wheelchair accessibility.

Housekeeping did a great job and on a couple of occasions, ran the dishwasher for me even if it wasn't full. I used the Business Center once to print some documents and found that amenity sufficient. I also used the exercise room and liked the fact that there is a water cooler there that I can use to refill my water bottle (much better than a water fountain outside the restrooms at other facilities). There is an elliptical machine and a treadmill but neither have its own TV monitor, so bring your own iPad if that is what you need for a workout. There is only on TV in the exercise room.

The complimentary breakfast was nice. There is a variety of cereals, muffins, and bagels available. Also, in a small refrigerator are items that you either heat up (omelet, breakfast sandwich) or take to go (packed boiled eggs, milk). The fruit bowl was always filled and the bananas never looked bruised.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay at TownePlace Suites. I would stay here again and hope I get a room on the third floor next time.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the third floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest, I just wanted to thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I know how busy people can be especially when they travel. So for you to take time out of your schedule to compliment our TownePlace Suites is appreciated. We would also like to thank you for choosing our TownePlace Suites over so many other properties in Jacksonville. We arelooking forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Sincerely, General Manager
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I travel to Jacksonville, NC a few times a year for work and I always have a difficult time finding a decent hotel. This was my first time staying at TownPlace Suites and I was very impressed with the friendly staff and very nice room. It was certainly more than I had expected. The room was everything I needed- tv, large desk/office space, kitchenette, and nice bathroom. It was very fresh and clean and for the first time in the area I finally found a hotel where I don't have to hear my neighbor's entire conversation any time they talk. This was a very busy week for Camp Lejeune due to a trade show so most hotels were completely booked up and I know this one was as well- so to have my own quiet time to catch up on office work and good sleep was just what I needed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Caitlin,
My staff and I just want to say thank you for all your kind words but also for choosing our TownePlace Suites for your visit to Jacksonville, NC. We realize you have many choices for lodging in our little town and we feel grateful that you choose us. Hope to see you again on your next trip.
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We came to Jacksonville for a family wedding. From the moment we checked in, we were treated wonderfully by the staff, especially Deepti and Denise. Denise called me by name every time she saw me including one time outside of the hotel. She really made us feel at home. All staff members were wonderful from the manager to the lovely lady who brought us a replacement iron. They helped with directions and BBQ restaurant recommendations. Best stay away from home that we have ever had. Thank you all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TPSJax, Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our TownePlace Suite in Jacksonville, NC and for complimenting my team. I realize you have many choices here in our little town so thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Jacksonville.
Holly Ridge, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm here in Jacksonville, NC working on a 4 month project. I needed a hotel that had a government contractor rate. The staff is very nice; the hotel looks well maintained; but there are some problems. It's going to be a very long 4 months.

Room Tip: The 3rd (top) floor is quiet, but it takes forever to get warm (forget hot) water, and the water pre...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
First allow me to thank you for choosing our TownePlace Suitesand for commenting on Trip Advisor. We enjoy hearing from our guest. I hope the issue you were having has been taken care of to your satisfaction. If there is anything I can do for you please stop by my office and let me know. Enjoy your stay.