“Excellent experience”

Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We came to Jacksonville for a family wedding. From the moment we checked in, we were treated wonderfully by the staff, especially Deepti and Denise. Denise called me by name every time she saw me including one time outside of the hotel. She really made us feel at home. All staff members were wonderful from the manager to the lovely lady who brought us a replacement iron. They helped with directions and BBQ restaurant recommendations. Best stay away from home that we have ever had. Thank you all!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TPSJax, Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review about our TownePlace Suite in Jacksonville, NC and for complimenting my team. I realize you have many choices here in our little town so thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Jacksonville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Holly Ridge, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm here in Jacksonville, NC working on a 4 month project. I needed a hotel that had a government contractor rate. The staff is very nice; the hotel looks well maintained; but there are some problems. It's going to be a very long 4 months.

Room Tip: The 3rd (top) floor is quiet, but it takes forever to get warm (forget hot) water, and the water pre...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
First allow me to thank you for choosing our TownePlace Suitesand for commenting on Trip Advisor. We enjoy hearing from our guest. I hope the issue you were having has been taken care of to your satisfaction. If there is anything I can do for you please stop by my office and let me know. Enjoy your stay.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I came to Jacksonville for business and wasn't sure what to expect with the hotels. This has to be one of my favorite stays and I travel a lot. I had the studio room and it was so comfortable. I had a nice desk to work on and a comfy chair to sit and watch tv in. The studio room makes you feel like you're at home. The staff was friendly and the hotel was very quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking time out of your schedule to write a review for our TownePlace Suites. I realize you have several hotels to choose from in Jacksonville, NC thank you for choosing ours. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while visiting family and stayed in a one bedroom queen suite. The little kitchen was clean and had everything we needed. The mattress on the bed was terrible, the bathroom was dingy, the floor was dirty and the tub/shower was dirty. I had to clean it myself before we could use it. The worst problem was that the room smelled like cigarette smoke the whole time we were there. (This hotel is advertised as a non-smoking facility) If you can't stand smoke do not stay here. We called the desk about the smell and they came and sprayed something - which did nothing. We stayed here because we were bringing along our small dog and pets are allowed with a deposit. Based on our experience we would not stay here again, the smoke smell was awful. For the price of this little suite it should have been fresh and clean.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank klpb
TPSJax, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing our TownePlace Suites by Marriott. I am very sorry for the issues you had during your visit. We do pride ourselves in maintaining Marriott's high standards. If you stay at any Marriott and the guest service agent does take care of an issue to your satisfaction be sure to ask to speak to the General Manager. I want all my guest to have a wonderful experience at my TownePlace Suites and I am also disappointed that your stay wasn't top notch.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

There were 13 of us spread out among both suites and regular rooms. Since I was solo, I had a regular room with a King-size bed and a kitchenette. I was very pleased with my room. The bed was comfortable, the room and bathroom were clean, and the kitchenette was stocked with utensils, dishes, soap, paper towels, etc. I visited my relatives' rooms who were in suites, and those were very spacious and well laid out. We were there the week Hurricane Sandy made her way up the Eastern coastline, and the staff made everyone feel safe and kept everyone informed about weather issues. I just can't say enough about how friendly the staff were. We were in town for my grandmother's funeral and the staff were so caring, friendly and respectful toward us. I didn't encounter one single staff member anywhere in the hotel who didn't greet me with a "hello", or a "good morning" or what have you ever time I saw someone. Oh and if you're hungry, there are a plethora of restaurants nearby. I'm not a breakfast eater so all I can tell you about the hotel breakfast was that it was included with the room. Hallelujah for the all-day coffee bar though! (Especially when that cold front hit!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TPSJax, Manager at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to compliment my hotel and staff. We strive to make our guest feel at home. We know you have several choices in Jacksonville and we are very grateful you choose our TownePlace Suites by Marriott.
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was in town for a pleasure trip. The area the hotel is locate is a short drive to lots of restarurants and shopping. The bed was comfortable, bathroom needs some upgrading, breakfast was the usual cereals and fruits. I would stay again. There was a tropical storm affecting the area the hotel staff was excellent in keeping us updated on the storm status and called to make sure we were ok.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

As a platinum Marriott member, I've stayed all over.

This Marriott is on the more moderate, to mediocre side. Granted, the room I had was large, the layout was a bit odd for such a large space. The furniture was nice, albeit slightly older. And the dresser and desk was built of $4 dollar material.

That being said, the bed was comfy, but could certainly use a new mattress. The Internet, touted as "free wifi throughout the hotel", was terrible.

Would I stay again - probably not. Would I recommend it, yeah, but there is no cheer leading for this location.

• Stayed September 2012