“Clean hotel and super nice staff”

TownePlace Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed December 24, 2011

I just returned from Jacksonville NC and we stayed at the TownPlace Suites. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the Main Gate at Camp Lejeune. My sister and I were there to spend time with her son, my nephew, who was being deployed to Afghanistan. The hotel is located on the main road which has every kind of restaurant you could imagine and several shopping plazas. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff was super nice. We stayed in a studio which is slightly larger than a normal hotel room and has a kitchen right inside the entry. I only used the refrigerator but I'm sure this feature is a plus with families coming to visit their Marines and not wanting to eat out the whole visit. The bed is comfortable and depending on how long you're staying, the housekeeping staff with freshen your room. There is also free coffee in the lobby along with complimentary breakfast items but I cannot tell you what they were as I did not partake. An exercise room and laundry room are also available. All in all, when we go back for my nephew's return from deployment, I would totally stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank dmcack

Reviewed December 24, 2011

This is by far the worst marriot I have ever stayed in. The only consilation was that the staff did there best working with such an inferior product. The lobby looks like you just walked into a day care center the furniture in the rooms is falling apart and the hotel is riddled with poor construction workmanship.The counter top was so unleave anything round simply rolled off the counter to the floor. Very lame attempt at a marriott can not believe marriott would put there name on a property this poorly constucted and layed out.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank travelerdinner
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We recently stayed at the TownePlace Suites to see my husband who is stationed is Jacksonville. I was a bit skeptical after reading about the other hotels in Jacksonville. I was so pleased by the service provided especially by Wille and Veronica I believe her name was. Overall, the room was very clean the Suites are set at a good location near restaurants and stores and not very far from the New River main gate. If we visit J-ville again we will be sure to stay there I recommend highly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2011

we stopped here for a night just passing through. I thought is was too expensive..$149. seemed more like a $90 room. It was clean, but very small. Had a kitchen, which would be nice for longer stays. the complimentary breakfast was the typical 2 star motel breakfast. this town only has motel type lodging and this was probably the best one.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I had a bad experience with JW Marriott in L.A. and vowed never to stay @ a Marriott hotel again. I am pleased to say that this hotel has restored my Faith in the Marriott name. The staff is wonderful and the rooms are well designed and has an apartment feel. Im here for 60days and so far Im glad i chose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed April 7, 2011

In a town full of dumpy low budget hotels, this place is like a five star resort. The hotel is new, looks plain from the outside but the rooms are great on the inside. I stayed in a one bedroom suite, full kitchen, flat screen TVs in both rooms, even had a great shower head (hard to find in lower star hotels). I liked it so much I extended my stay for another night, I asked for a room that wasn't as close to the outdoor a/c units which made a little bit of noise. They didn't have a room available for the type that I booked so they upgraded me to a two bedroom corner suite. I have never had service that good at a 3 star hotel in my life, they went out of their way to take care of me.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2011

My husband has spent several weeks in Jacksonville recently and has been very happy with all of his stays. Typically, he and a co worker share a 2 bedroom suite. They have a full kitchen, 3 flat screen televisions, reliable internet, and all the comforts of home.

He stayed a couple other places in the Jacksonville area before finding the Townplace Suites. Now, we don't even consider making a reservation anywhere else.

The location is great for easy access to dining. They offer a decent breakfast. And he loves the complimentary coffee available any time. In fact, he has gotten spoiled by the qualtify and ease of the coffee.

In short, if you are going to be in the Jacksonville area for more than a couple of nights, this is the place for you. Their rates are competitive, rooms are immaculate, and service is exceptional.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business