“Love This Place”

Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Roanoke,VA
“Love This Place”
Reviewed February 13, 2007

Hotel was in a great area. The price was very reasonable considering the extra ammenities like a great breakfast, a social hour and a large room.
The staff were very friendly and helpful!

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank Traveler163

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed February 9, 2006

There has definitely been some improvement here.
New carpet and furniture. Everything looked great to me.
The best thing was they have a very helpful staff.
Good choice in Jacksonville.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 13, 2005

This hotel is not nice at all. I would never stay there again. It is old, and the room is not very clean. I went to Jacksonville for a business meeting and had to stay at this hotel. I heard that this was one of the nicest Choice hotels around. NOT. It was awful. The rooms looked dirty, and there were some hand prints on my window from the outside. The shower was dirty and the wallpaper was coming off. This place was one of the worst places I have ever stayed in. Never again will I stay here. I do not recommend this hotel at all.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ComfortSuitesJax, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 30, 2007
Our hotel has recently made many changes to our property. We have all new mattresses and a new bedding program. Our hotel is also completely NON SMOKING as of May 2007. We have made many cosmetic changes and invite everyone to come check out our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

Virginia, USA
Reviewed November 13, 2005

I do not usually stay with this chain, but was looking for an upscale room and their "Presidential Suite" was available. From the moment I walked through the room door, it was downhill. The hall light was out. The first lamp I tried to turn on was out. The fire place did not work (part on order). No soap, shampoo, etc in bathroom. Only one full sized towel. Decided to sit down and check my email and the seat back gave way and I almost fell backwards onto the floor. I am pretty passive about complaining, but a trip to the front desk was in order. To my dismay I found that they were aware of the fireplace problem and the fact that there was a dangerous broken chair in the room. In defense of the morning desk clerk, the room was discounted to a standard room rate on checkout. I travel a good deal and have never seen so many problems with one room. I have never written a negative review of a hotel in the past, but felt travelers should be warned of this one.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank TRVLallover
ComfortSuitesJax, General Manger at Comfort Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, May 30, 2007
Our hotel has just made alot of upgrades. I am sorry that you had such a bad stay. However, we have new furniture in both of of presidential suites and have upgraded to light bulbs with a long life span. We also have a great new breakfast with more items and brand new mattresses in every room as of May 2007. Not to mention we are a completely NON SMOKING building now. Come check out our changes.
Reviewed August 9, 2005

This hotel was very nice. The staff was very inviting and were able to get us two rooms of our choice even on a very busy weekend. The room itself was very well kept, clean and spacious. The bathroom was very very clean and large, especially the bathtub/shower. We had a mini-fridge, a king size bed, a couch, and a table with chairs. It was an absolutely wonderful stay and I would definitely return.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member