“Friendly staff and good value”

Comfort Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This facility was a good stay for us. The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable and we slept well. The location was close to relatives and friends were in town to visit. I will go back there another time

Room Tip: Try to avoid being close to the ice machine if you do not want to get awakened by early risers filli...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Jacksonville

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Bathroom floor tiles were cracked w/ sunken in spots. I left a decent tip & note for the cleaning crew to not bother w/ anything but the already gathered trash & to leave x amount of water/coffee. I was given xtra towels & no more coffee/water than was in the room at checkin. I was told to ask for anything I needed & it wasn't delivered. I was a little disappointed. I'm easy to get along w/ & don't ask for much.

Room Tip: You don't necessarily get what you pay for.....
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The staff was very friendly and rooms were pretty good at a decent price. Great location as my daughter's place is close by. Hotel was quiet. They had breakfast but we didn't eat there at all. We did not visit the outside pool or the fitness room. However, our room had some major size cockroaches.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My mother and I stayed here when we came to go to a marine friend's wedding. The room had great features, such as a corner desk, couch, a microwave, a refrigerator, and a flat screen tv, and was nice and clean. The front desk was very nice and accomodating. Breakfast was extensive and very tasty. The choice of soft or hard pillows was very unique and helpful. The location was perfect, near many stores and restaurants. Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I hadn't planned to stay at this property but due to a few circumstances beyond my control this is where I ended up pretty late one evening. I have stayed at two other properties in Jacksonville over the last two years, but we had our dogs with us for those stays and Comfort Suites does not accept pets. I was really please with the property. It was clean, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good. The only thing I had trouble with was getting hooked up to their in room wi-fi. It could have been operator error and I was too tired to call for help. I had no problems when I went to the lobby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We spent a long weekend to welcome home a marine from overseas. Our stay at this hotel was fantastic. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, and the amenities were fantastic. My daughter especially loved the workout area and the pool, and the morning breakfast service and selection was more than I had hoped for. I will definitely stay at this location again if I visit the area.

Room Tip: My preference has always been second floor, I was not disappointed with my selection.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I would have given this 5 stars, the maid service was horrible. NOT IN THAT THEY DID NOT DO THEIR JOB...but in the fact they continually made so much noise you could not sleep. We had do not disturb on the door, yet they slammed and banged the cart into the door so many times, it was like REALLY...WHAT PART OF DO NOT DISTURB DON'T YOU GET. They were thumping and throwing things in the room adjacent. They did this first two days we were there. Was ridiculous. We do not use maid service when at the hotels...I DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE IN MY ROOM when I am not there because I have my work things. It was very hard to deal with this noise every morning because the young people were out at the beach most of the day/night so sleeping in was their idea of vaykay....not being woke up by slamming noise and loud yelling maid-to-maid every morning.

AND THE BIGGEST DRAWBACK...the working area. You had to be a jolly green giant to work at this desk. The chair barely goes up. I had to sit on three pillows to be able to work at the computer. it was large and roomy for my computer and add on keyboard, but because of the height difference between the chair and the work surface...it was too uncomfortable and I am average height 5'6" so not short and this could be expected. In the literally 50+ hotels I have stayed at, this was a first...to have to sit on several pillows so arms could comfortably work the computer.

The other is the smoking. You could SMELL SMOKE in the halls and trying to get in our out of the doors was ridiculous with people standing right outside the doors smoking.

So those three things prevented 5 stars.

The front desk people were so very helpful and nice. The lobby computer was not booting up so they very graciously printed out my logs needed to work.

They have a really nicely stocked little store area so the kids could have ice cream, candy and microwave snacks...this was nice for those late night munchies teens get.

Bathroom was roomy and nice.

Having the fridge and microwave, separate sitting area was good. Gave the feeling of a very large room. Couch comfy.

Bedding was nice, beds comfortable. The comforters were cozy. PLENTY OF PILLOWS.

Location was great, i.e. restaurants across the street, as well as WalMart...just down the block are all the stores/restaurants you could need.

We were there to see my grandson who is stationed there and this was just a very VERY short drive so if you are looking for a decent priced room near base, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: We did not hear much noise/anything from rooms above or below, so anywhere would be good. I would s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family