“Very pleased”

Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Williamsburg, VA
“Very pleased”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I hadn't planned to stay at this property but due to a few circumstances beyond my control this is where I ended up pretty late one evening. I have stayed at two other properties in Jacksonville over the last two years, but we had our dogs with us for those stays and Comfort Suites does not accept pets. I was really please with the property. It was clean, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good. The only thing I had trouble with was getting hooked up to their in room wi-fi. It could have been operator error and I was too tired to call for help. I had no problems when I went to the lobby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We spent a long weekend to welcome home a marine from overseas. Our stay at this hotel was fantastic. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, and the amenities were fantastic. My daughter especially loved the workout area and the pool, and the morning breakfast service and selection was more than I had hoped for. I will definitely stay at this location again if I visit the area.

Room Tip: My preference has always been second floor, I was not disappointed with my selection.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I would have given this 5 stars, the maid service was horrible. NOT IN THAT THEY DID NOT DO THEIR JOB...but in the fact they continually made so much noise you could not sleep. We had do not disturb on the door, yet they slammed and banged the cart into the door so many times, it was like REALLY...WHAT PART OF DO NOT DISTURB DON'T YOU GET. They were thumping and throwing things in the room adjacent. They did this first two days we were there. Was ridiculous. We do not use maid service when at the hotels...I DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE IN MY ROOM when I am not there because I have my work things. It was very hard to deal with this noise every morning because the young people were out at the beach most of the day/night so sleeping in was their idea of vaykay....not being woke up by slamming noise and loud yelling maid-to-maid every morning.

AND THE BIGGEST DRAWBACK...the working area. You had to be a jolly green giant to work at this desk. The chair barely goes up. I had to sit on three pillows to be able to work at the computer. it was large and roomy for my computer and add on keyboard, but because of the height difference between the chair and the work surface...it was too uncomfortable and I am average height 5'6" so not short and this could be expected. In the literally 50+ hotels I have stayed at, this was a first...to have to sit on several pillows so arms could comfortably work the computer.

The other is the smoking. You could SMELL SMOKE in the halls and trying to get in our out of the doors was ridiculous with people standing right outside the doors smoking.

So those three things prevented 5 stars.

The front desk people were so very helpful and nice. The lobby computer was not booting up so they very graciously printed out my logs needed to work.

They have a really nicely stocked little store area so the kids could have ice cream, candy and microwave snacks...this was nice for those late night munchies teens get.

Bathroom was roomy and nice.

Having the fridge and microwave, separate sitting area was good. Gave the feeling of a very large room. Couch comfy.

Bedding was nice, beds comfortable. The comforters were cozy. PLENTY OF PILLOWS.

Location was great, i.e. restaurants across the street, as well as WalMart...just down the block are all the stores/restaurants you could need.

We were there to see my grandson who is stationed there and this was just a very VERY short drive so if you are looking for a decent priced room near base, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: We did not hear much noise/anything from rooms above or below, so anywhere would be good. I would s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I love staying at this hotel. Always will. The customer service was there at all times to answer questions. Always a smiling face. The room service was outstanding. The rooms were always clean and felt like home from home. The area is very convient.

• Stayed July 2012
Berlin, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I will start with the positive. The Comfort Suites hotel mgr. was very nice as well as the desk attendants and staff. The breakfast was good.

The hotel is very noisy, but they get a lot of construction crews staying there so there is a lot of people in and out.

Upon arrival there were dead bugs in our bathroom. Okay, I am not a baby so I just grabbed a tissue and flushed them. What worried me more was the constant smell of pot in the hallways. I was there with my teenage daughters and son. They noticed and commented on it also. The stairways needed a good vacuuming, as they constantly had grass clippings and the such on the carpet.

The beds were okay but don't plan on pulling out the sofa bed and using that. You might as well spend the night on a bed of spikes.

I stayed here against the advice of others, I didn't listen, I hope you do.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen T

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

Manlius, NY
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I came to town to pick up my son from Camp LeJeune on 5/9/13 and knew I'd be here a week. He was just returning from Afghanistan. I needed a place that had at least a few amenities -- fridge, microwave, sleeper couch and of course a nice bed for myself. I found it at Comfort Suites for a very reasonable price. (approx. $76/night) I had searched the internet and all extended stay hotels were over $100/night. So I chose CS. I'm so glad I did!! I met the nicest staff members who made me feel like I was at home every day, The hotel was immaculate. The free breakfast was appealing and on Weds. nights they have a promotional free meal from a local restaurant. I'm leaving toda, 5/16/13, feeling very satisfied, well rested and ready to now get my son who is starting his post-deployment leave. I would stay here again and again. It's super clean and comfortable. Thank you Bill, Tim. Laura and all the wonderful people I met.

Jeanne Gostling, Manlius NY

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2013

late Friday night we didn't have the energy to make it all the way to Morehead City from Greensboro, so we checked in to the Jacksonville Comfort Suites. Wonderful greeting at the front desk, and was assured that the breakfast the next day would be just as good. It was. The rooms were so quiet that we almost slept in past the buffet hours, but we're glad we didn't.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family