“Stay only if desperate.”

Comfort Suites Jacksonville
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Jacksonville
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Stay only if desperate.”
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed to go to cousins wedding. The reason for staying was of group rate. Would not have stayed here if not for rate. Hotel needs to be renovated bad.

The staff was friendly and helpfull. Free breakfast, many shopping and food places near by.

The bad rm wallpaper peeling from top. I would only stay here if i was having a one night stand. After that, I would leave.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Goldenlight1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The Channel 70 Productions crew stayed here while working a project at the very nearby Marine Corps base. Our USMC point of contact unofficially recommended this CF facility. It's adequate, though worn, and, overall, a fair value. The desk clerk was welcoming and check in was fast. When a burned out light bulb needed replaced, it was done within minutes of the call to the front. Food was within walking distance. The neighborhood was safe since there were a zillion Marines out and about. If the property was refurbed, it would get a top rating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Channel_70
Ocean Springs,MS
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel. I have to say, this will be my last visit. Upon our arrival check in went smoothly, however, the clerk, although effiicient, was not friendly at all. I don't think she cracked a smile,

Our room was clean and comfortable, although there were signs of wear and tear. My biggest complaint was the lack of hot water in the shower. I thought the water may be cool because I was showering at a high peak time, however, after a few days I realized this was not the case.

The plus side of this hotel was the friendly housekeepers. I must say they were very pleasant, and went out of their way to be helpful.

Overall, this is a comfortable hotel, and nice for an overnight stay, but it is definetly showing its age.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dallas
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This hotel caters mainly to military and business clientele. The hotel is average at best. I would not recommend for families on vacation, single ladies or couples looking for a romantic getaway. The pool, which I suspect is rarely used, is modest at best. The exercise room is small and unkept. The employees didn't appear enthusiastic about their work. Environment seemed dated. Rooms were okay - certainly not suites. Strickly a business atmosphere.

On the flip side, the hotel is a sound place to stay for business travelers to the Jacksonville area. It is walking distance to a number of stores and restaurants. It serves a better than average breakfast. It offers a manager's reception on Wednesday and Thursday evenings, which is a great way to end a working day. Good TV's and wireless internet access.

The hotel is not up to standards with other Comfort Suites but it will work if needed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Bottom Line Up Front - This hotel is one of the worst I have EVER stayed in. It is an older hotel but that isn't the reason. It is because of a culture of laziness apparent throughout all levels of the staff.

I arrived with a group of three other travelers. Of the four of us, two had to change rooms immediately and one had two change rooms twice more...all in a three day stretch. I am hoping that they write reviews themselves but this one will focus on my experience.

During my stay both the phone in the room as well as the coffee pot broke. In the case of the coffee pot it was the on/off button that popped off. I overheard the maid that apparently cleaned my room tell the front desk clerk during my checkout that she had noticed this a couple days prior so I was stunned that nothing was done about it.

Rooms aren't cleaned very well...at all! When I first arrived there was a long hair on the sink of my bathroom. I swept it onto the floor and figured it would be cleaned the next day. The attached picture of the hair was taken on the 3rd day of my stay...after the THIRD cleaning... That example goes for the rest of the room as well. Trash was only cleaned up if it was inside of the trash cans. Fast food drink cups that were empty and left next to the trash can were left there.

On one afternoon, since my coffeepot was broken, I went down to get coffee from the lobby. There were no guests there and it wasn't busy at all. Yet the coffee was all empty except for one, and the small trash can next to the coffee pot was overflowing (see the picture). All of this while the receptionist appeared to be texting/emailing on her phone.

The rooms have mold problems (God forbid you open your curtains and look at your window), and are in general disrepair (see picture of tile floor from my bathroom).

I have stayed in a number of Comfort Suites that were great. It isn't the age of the hotel that makes a stay decent. It is the attitude and attentiveness of the staff. Even the mean looking lady who ran breakfast (the one wearing black croc sandals) could have made a difference merely by returning my "good morning" instead of glaring at me like she hated life.

I highly recommend that you stay elsewhere!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CSNC017, General Manager at Comfort Suites Jacksonville, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
First off I would like to thank you for pointing out the concerns that you had during your stay here at Comfort Suites. I would like to extend an apology for the behavior of the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel during your time of stay. We are under new management as of August 2012 and all of our staff has been retrained or replaced. We are undergoing a huge transformation and although it is a long process our remodel is going well, we are replacing all of the mattresses, repainting all of the guest rooms, and replacing the bathtubs in all of the guest rooms. We would love to see you back here and hopefully we will have the opportunity to impress you. Please feel free to contact our fantastic front desk staff and they will be very happy to book your next stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy travels.

Travelers are raving about these Jacksonville hotels

san diego
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed at the comfort suites in Jacksonville about 2 weeks ago. When i checked in i was greeted by warm smiling faces and a couple of ladies that were very well mannered. We came to town to visit our son at Camp Lejuene. During our stay we needed extra towels and the lady at the front desk told us she would get them to us in about 5 minutes and she got them up to our room in just a few moments. Ive stayed at other hotels where they acted like this would of been an inconvenience so i appreciated her mannerism. They also gave me milk for the baby (even though the breakfast area was locked), and they made sure we felt at home the way they spoke to us and carried on conversations. It showed my family we weren't just customers we were their guests. I would highly recommend this hotel for future stays!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We don't typically stay at these hotels. However, after this stay we will start. The rooms were very clean, up to date appearance, and the price was perfect.

• Stayed April 2012