“Sports bar - YES, but the food....”
Review of Bonfire Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Bonfire Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Sports bar - YES, but the food....”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I'm a sports bar kind of guy and this looks like a great place to catch a game and grab a cold beer. Unfortunately, the food is failed to impress.

I stopped in for lunch and ordered what, according to the menu, was a Bonfire specialty -- Chicken Tacos. Needless to say, I was unimpressed. Chicken was overcooked, tortillas were hard and dry. Trying to be a bit more healthy, I ordered veggies instead of fries, but with the veggies literally swimming in butter, I believe the fries may have been a better option.

I should had stuck with my instincts in a place like this and not veered from the wings and/or nachos -- basic bar food. I will say the onion rings did look pretty good, too.

Expect the basic sports bar experience -- beer and wings -- and you likely won't be as disappointed as I was.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Rob H

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Swinging doors and thin walls do not "private dining" make.”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Food and service is on par with the typical casual dining chain (Chili's, Applebee's, etc.). I can't speak to the bar.

My experiences at Bonfire have revolved around group events in the "private dining" section. If there's live music, which I believe is commonplace, evening groups will find themselves shouting to have a prayer of being heard.

1 Thank Ufhamlet
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food at a great price!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Bonfire in concord is by far my favorite restaurant. I have been there many times and I have never been disappointed. Their pork chops and steak tacos are to die for as well as the wedge salad. Their staff is very friendly, especially John and Ahmad. I can tell they care about their customers. They go to each table to make sure everyone is happy with the service and the food. They know most of their customers by name which is rare to see these days. Its a great place to have drinks with friends. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Phyllis K
Hawkinsville, Georgia
“Great place for just a Beer or a Meal”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We happen to stumble on this great place on our sunday afternoon outing. My husband and I we out and about looking around Indian Trail, NC. when we found Bonfire Bar & Grill. He enjoyed calamri "fries" along with a few beers and I had the best Long Island Ice tea and bonfire burger with onion rings. All was delicious and will be back soon. Great services and Excellent Food. Will be telling my friends in the area about this place.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank angie k
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable Mother's Day”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I had a wonderful Mother's Day at Bonfire in Indian Trail with my family. We were greeted by a gracious host and I was presented with a rose. We all were seated and our waitress had our drinks on the table, with plenty of refills as we sat down to eat a very delicious meal, from the enormous buffet. The tiramasu was outstanding, and I could not believe the amount of shrimp and mussels my husband and kids ate. Thank you for a very memorable Mother's Day.

• Visited May 2012