“So much fun”

Island Water Sports
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer a wide range of water sports activities in the area. Family owned for 29 years. "Kid tested and family approved". We are always offering something new to our fleet of activities and strive for innovative ways to provide the perfect experience for all of our guests, young and old. We offer a unique dolphin observation deck with handicap access, if you just want to sit back relax and just watch. We welcome your input and if you are not happy with your experience, please, give us the opportunity to make it right.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Stroller parking
Reviewed August 6, 2017

We went here for banana boat rides. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The bonus is that while you wait for your turn there are all sorts of water toys to play with in the sound. That was great for the kids. The banana boat ride itself was absolutely the most fun ever. Both kids and adults were laughing the entire time. I felt like we definitely got our money's worth. It was quite an enjoyable afternoon.

Date of experience: August 2017
Ann B, Manager at Island Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2017

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you made us part of your vacation time. Come back to see us. You never know what new things we will be offering.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Our family recently stayed in Emerald Isle, this location was a short 10 minute trip from our rental home. We showed up in the morning at 9am bright and early for the early bird discount. We failed to make reservations but this wasn't a problem. 4 of us were able to rent jet skis for a 1/2 hour for $50/each, not a bad deal at all. The jet skis were newer and the instructors did a great job refreshing us all on operation.
Four of our family members wanted to paddle board, they were also able to accommodate them. Reasonable rates as well. Everyone was nice and we all had a ball, thank you so much!!!

Date of experience: July 2017
Ann B, Manager at Island Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2017

We are glad you had such a great time! Thank you, also for the fantastic review. We aim to please. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2017

Went out for 30 minute rental on jet ski in June. They have flags that will lower when your time is up and need to return. Watched very carefully for flag to go down. When I thought flag went down I began to return. But when I got closer to area to return I noticed my flag was up so continued to ride. Eventually someone came out to get me for going over. When I returned I apologized to the young man who assisted me in securing jet ski. He let me know someone was going up to speak with the young ladies who operate flags to let them know they raised flag too quick and he understood how I was confused. I let him know I would pay extra if needed and he said no it was not my fault. When I arrived to check out and pick up credit card they required to be held the owner was there to greet me. She was very upfront in making me aware I went over my time and I should have returned when flag went down. I explained to her what happen but showed no understanding. Paid for the time I went over so owner was paid for my error but there was no need for the poor customer service. Found another place down the road that only charges 75.00 an hour verses their 100.00 an hour. Employees and equipment was great but customer service is all part of business.

Date of experience: June 2017
Ann B, General Manager at Island Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

I remember the incident very well. You are assigned a flag color that lowers for when your riding time is up. When your flag was lowered we thought we had accounted for all in your party and the person waiting for you, came up and wondered how much more time you had to go, he said you were not in. One of the most important safety issues is accounting for all on the riding area. We then realized you were outside of the riding area which is shallow water and unsafe, I did speak with you when you came up and yes, you were over 15 minutes in time. However, I wanted to let you know the out of bounds issue for safety reasons only. You offered to pay for the additional time and I refused multiple times. I just want you to know that your safety comes first and we wanted to ensure your next visit would be without incident.
Having said that we apologize for your dissatisfaction, but, we have been in business for 30 years and will continue to put our guest first in safety and will address them as they occur.

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I rented jet skis here today, and we'll be back! Don and his wife are friendly and very accommodating! We rented 2 jet skis for an hour and had a blast. I would recommend the hour over the 30 minutes option, not only for the deal, but because the riding area is HUGE! The staff were really helpful since it was my first time riding a jet ski. We're coming back for the jet ski excursion!

Date of experience: July 2017
Ann B, Front Office Manager at Island Water Sports, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Thank you Morgan. We are so glad you chose Island Water Sports to experience your first ride on a ski. You will really enjoy the excursion as well. Great way to get out and there and see the Crystal Coast from another perspective. We look forward to your next visit.