“Depends on the chef on duty”
Review of Captain's Galley - CLOSED

Captain's Galley
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I've been three times - each time with friends. The first time, the food was delicious, and reasonably priced! I took different friends, and went back. The food was marginal - tough, overcooked shrimp, flavorless sides. This was not what I expected based on my first trip, but a restaurant is allowed an off day. We tried again, and this time, for all three of us, the food was absolutely horrible. Cold seafood is unpalatable anyway, but this food was all but inedible. We told the waitress and she told us the manager could not come over to our table. We finally found the hostess, who was superficially sympathetic. I usually bring leftovers home for lunch the next day, but this time, I left about half of my food on the plate, untouched. We paid for our food, and after waiting for a while (maybe 5 minutes) to talk to the manager, we left. They didn't seem to care, so my friends and I won't go back,

There are newer reviews for Captain's Galley

Reviewed October 9, 2011

This place is great. Went here for dinner while returning from a trip to GA. The food and service was great for the price. The waitress brought us hush puppies while trying to decide what we wanted, they are so good. If you aren't hungry you will leave alot of food behind. Or you can take it with you.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Just went to Captain's Galley the other day after a while and we had lots of good wings and beer and just a good time. My friend got the salmon salad and she said it was really really good. And I can't forget the fried pickles, my guilty pleasure.

Reviewed September 11, 2011

I wanted to like Captain's Galley, I really did. The location can't be beat and the prices are great, but the quality of their seafood was sub-par, at best. I know that I am spoiled because I grew up close to the coast, but if I pay $12+ for a dish, I expect more than reheated frozen seafood. The portions were huge, but I couldn't even eat the scallops. We did really enjoy the hush puppies and a couple of the sides, but they simply were not enough to seal the deal. This truly isn't a place we will be visiting again.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Cannot go wrong with Captains Galley, they have great food at a great price. Atmosphere is great, very family friendly.
Lots of food choices for everyone, evey some healthy choices. Portions are huge and the hushpuppies are habit forming.