“Love Mama Mia !”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have now dined at Mama Mia three times in the previous 2 months and can't say enough about the food, the atmosphere, or the wonderful owners (who always make it a point to stop at table and say hi ! The setting is an old home and it is quiet, cozy and really terific service and fantastic food. I have seen some negative reviews - we all have our own tastes - but it has turned into one of my favorite resturants in all of Charlotte area...

1  Thank nelsskn

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We found this place by accident and have been driving over an hour to return whenever we want authentic, superb Italian fare and top notch service. The setting is very quaint and Ralph, the owner/chef will sometimes make the rounds to tables to make sure the food is good (it's not, it is superb!). Our favorite is lobster ravioli in vodka sauce. The ravioli are stuffed with lobster...not just a tiny bit to be able to call it lobster ravioli. The bread is brought to the table warm and baked perfectly...crusty on the outside and soft in the middle. Last but not least, homemade tiramisu and creme brule. I have not had a finer Italian meal. I highly recommend this hidden gem of a restaurant. If you want to get out of the "chain" and bland rut, try Mama Mia Too...I am sure it will become one of your favorites!

1  Thank Ginger0908
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Historical house with lots of cozy tables. I have been coming here for years and find the food consistently good. Mussels Vino Bianca the best around. Chef/Owner Ralph is always on sight and will meet any request. Wine list is limited, but wisely selected. It's worth a visit to this one of a kind restaurant.

1  Thank Popadoupie
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This small restaurant accomodated our group of 30 on a Saturday night. The food was excellent and the staff made every effort to see that we were happy. They are on the east side of I-77 away from the newer dining areas, but worth the effort to find it (only about 1 mile from the interstate).

1  Thank not-too-picky2
Reviewed November 7, 2011

The shrimp over pasta with Vodka Sauce from this little restaurant in Huntersville NC was about as good as I have ever tasted it -- as good as or better than any I have had in Italian-America restaurants in the Northeast!

Only reason this review is not "excellent" is we dined in a large group and it was a bit much for the small but very courteous staff.

1  Thank FormerNJresident