“The rolls, sashimi and sushi are the best I've had in the US!”
Review of Roppongi Sushi & Bar - CLOSED

Roppongi Sushi & Bar
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Asian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
New York City, New York
“The rolls, sashimi and sushi are the best I've had in the US!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Before I start with my review, let me provide you with some background on my previous sushi experience! My wife and I both lived in Japan for 6 years until 2011 when we moved to the US, and while there we ate sushi and sashimi at least once a week, and have had the freshest sushi from some of the best restaurants in Tokyo.

Thus far my time in the US (living in New York) has been a bit of a let down on the sushi front after our time in Japan, so when some trusted friends said we had to try Roppongi Sushi while we were visiting Huntersville, I was a little apprehensive. A quick check on Tripadvisor was encouraging, as a few others appeared to be saying the same thing.

All I can say is that to date, Roppongi Sushi offered up the best rolls, sashimi and sushi I have had outside of Japan. The fish was firm, flavorful and fresh, the rice was actually proper Japanese (or Perl) rice (the backbone of all good sushi), and the creativity of the menu for the rolls was excellent. The staff friendly, courteous and attentive, and the restaurant decor a mixed Asian / American fusion style with individual booths for intimacy, and an open area with bar seating if you want to watch the sushi chef at work!

Overall an exceptional experience, and all for a very reasonable price. Well worth a visit - you won't be disappointed!

2 Thank Danielyihsing

New York City, New York
“Oh woooow, a MUST GO!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Like: quality of food, freshness of sashimi, creative sushi rolls, extensive menu, yummy cocktails, friendly & attentive services, clean & spacious setting, private room, very reasonable price.

Dislike: nothing really.

I wish Roppongi Sushi & Bar is located in NYC! Having lived in Japan for 6 years, I am pretty spoiled when it comes to fresh seafood, especially sushi and sashimi, so I was very surprised when my friends took me to Roppongi Sushi & Bar, I wouldn't have dreamed of finding a great Japanese restaurant in Charlotte.

We were a group of 8, so we decided to order lots of different rolls, appetizers and dishes to share. We also ordered a Sashimi plat to share, OMG, the freshness of fish was just amazing. I honestly don't remember the name of dishes we ordered, but what I remember was that every dish was YUMMY.

Another must try is the different flavors of Martini, this time I only had chocolate martini, I wish I am not a light drinker, cuz I so wanted to try the peach martini as well.

I definitely come back again when I gonna visit NC later this year!!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank TA-YiHsing
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Love, love this place. My BF would eat here every night if he could!!! Service is great, the food is delicious and the presentation is so creative!!! Best sushi we've had here in NC!!!

1 Thank Jill V
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

First. Don't let the location dissuade you. From first glance someone might think it's connected to the Shell gas station, but it's definitely not. In fact the location should make you want to visit. It's on Gilead with easy access to the 77 freeway.
Our app was the hamachi kama (charbroiled yellowtail cheek with ponzu sauce), and it was ethereal! It was well tender and flakey, and seasoned but just enough to elevate the experience. My main was the baked eel on rice. It was equally good. The eel was tender and not fishy. The sauce was sweet enough And the rice was excellent
You have to check out Roppongi!

3 Thank Chef D