“Lukewarm food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We arrived at 6p.m.and waited about 30 minutes for a table. We were able to wait at the bar and had drinks and an appetizer while we waited. The specialty drinks were delicious and the appetizers were really good, too. After we were seated at our table and ordered, it seemed to be a long time between salads and entrees. No big deal, we weren't in any hurry. I had the grouper with lobster thermidore topping, it was fantastic. My friend ordered the Chilean sea bass, it arrived lukewarm. Her entire plate was lukewarm. The meal was quickly replaced, the second time it was fine. The manager apologized and gave us a creme rules. Mistakes happen, no big deal. We thought the manager handled it well. Always one of our favorites.

There are newer reviews for Bonefish Grill

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Recently went there to celebrate our anniversary. Restaurant has a very soft and cozy ambiance. Waitstaff was polite and patient, and suggested us good items to try from the menu. Ordered the bang-bang shrimp, which even my wife liked (given that she is not a seafood lover!). Wife had Lily's chicken which tasted really good, and I had the Imperial Tilapia - couldn't imagine the Tilapia could be such a tasty option! Will be sure to visit again.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We celebrate our anniversary here. I made on line reservations. That day we had storms, and arrived 10 min late. We did not know we needed to reconfirm and that the computer deletes reservation after 10 min.
There were 5 or more groups in line, needles to say that made us 15 min late. We were lucky to be accommodated, as there was no waiting. There was no mention of loosing our reservations if we ran 10 min late, when I used the online reservation program. This should be advertised.
The food was very good. Perfect seasoning. We ordered ;the Bang Bang shrimp and calamari. For our main course we both ordered the shrimp and scallop dinner. The restaurant offers different sauces or plain lemon. My spouse and I ordered different sauces and were both pleased with our choice.
My husband asked the waitress about craft beer. She made a recommendations that was delivered by the bar tender. Bottled beer was delivered. Even though it was not what my spouse asked for he still enjoyed the beer.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Bonefish Grill, located in Birkdale Village, Huntersville, NC is an upbeat, pleasant place to eat and the service is attentive and aims to please. If you love over-salted food, this is a great place to eat. Starting with the olive-oil-pesto dip for the bread (good bread, BTW) to the garlic-whipped potatoes to the entree (I had Maryland crab cakes), there was entirely too much salt. We were gasping by the time the meal was over. One member of our party ordered a lemonade and was disappointed when he tasted an artificial sweetener (the 'nyeh' taste was a giveaway) in the drink. Who wants to pay to have a toxin in their drink?

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I went there on date night, and were disappointed with the experience. Her Lily's Chicken entree came out fine; well-prepared and hot. I ordered a seasonal special - ahi in a pretzel crust - and it was lukewarm, and both the tuna and the pretzel crust were tasteless. At 832 (!) calories, the Bang Bang shrimp were OK...a bit tough and swimming in sauce. Our waitress was slow in bringing the dinner, and only offered bread about one minute before she finally brought dinner.

I've had better service and food at other BFGs; this one misses the mark this time and has not impressed us on past visits. Perhaps it's the small store size, but we will not likely be back to this one.