“Amazing turnaround!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Our first trip to Baja Soul was very good – our second, not so good – our third trip – Amazing. The service was a complete turnaround as was the food. We had the Street Taco’s, Carne Asada and Yucatan Shrimp, Charro Beans, as well as the Queso Fundido. All four were very good and arrived hot and very appetizing. The Queso Fundido was a nice variation from our normal ‘clean’ eating but we enjoyed them greatly. The Charro Beans with applewood bacon, delicious! I’m not sure what they did to the salsa but whatever they did, it was the right move. We had a difficult time trying not to fill up on the chips and salsa. The salsa was the icing on the cake. We also enjoyed the ‘All Night Margarita’s’ to top it off.

All around it was a great experience!

Management must be listening to us here on TripAdvisor because Baja Soul turned it around and helped to make our date night a great night!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent find in a back corner of Birkdale Village. Great assortment of tacos--steak, chicken, fish, etc. Outside/inside seating. Flavorful, colorful presentations.
Best white sangria I have ever had! Coctails, wine, beer,and a small dessert menu.
Fresh ingredients, lots of wait staff, interesting décor. Ask to sit at the interactive
game/video table! Lunch menu, same items though less expensive.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This had to be one of the worst if the worst restaurant experiences i've encountered. When we arrived we waited for one of the Interactive Connection Booths and it was dirty and needed to be cleaned before we could be seated. There were only about 10 other customers in the place. The menu on the screen wasn't accurate(as well as the web version) - the Tacos al Pastor were no longer available - and the response was very,very slow and this became they theme of the night. The screen has the capability to spilt 4 ways but only 1 person at a time could do anything. I ordered the Amercano with Charro Beans - Mistake - the beans were ICE COLD and I sent them back 3 times. The last time the waitress dropped, yes dropped them on the table and walked away. Still Cold and no apology. Two margaritas - very Limey, and poorly mixed - they ran out of mix so they created their own. We ordered 4 meals total and not one of them arrived together. We had to beg for tea glasses to be refilled. Waited 20 minutes for our bill even after they comped the two of meals for bad service. The night manager did apologize but hid in the office next to our table when the bill was due. They hav a lot work to do if they expect to stay in business. $8 for guacamole - $11 for two tacos - Beans were an extra $3. Overpriced for the entire experience if you ask me.

2  Thank aclowe01
mcw80, General Manager at Baja Soul Taqueria, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

We are very sorry about your last experience. I hope you guys will consider giving us a second chance. We take pride in our food and service and I am greatly disappointed we did not impress. We a great restaurant that tries hard but certainly can make mistakes. I would like to take this opportunity to correct it. Please email me at winslowmc@gmail.com and I will do my best to make it worth while to return with a gift card. Again my sincere apologies.

Mike Winslow
Baja Soul Taqueria
(704)895-4373

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my second trip to Baja Soul in Birkdale. Again the best thing on the menu was the guacamole bar. It truly is worth going to order up your own style of guaco and pig out on some chips,salsa and a couple of beers. The beer menu was a nice assortment and they have a good selection of top shelf tequilas.
On my last trip I was adventurous and tried a couple of the 'exotic' tacos. (they let you mix and match) This time I stuck with the tried and true which they call the Americano. It was delicious, well seasoned ground beef with some toppings in a nice hard shell. My side dish was the black beans and rice which were very well prepared. I washed it all down with a local porter and a nut ale. Both were quite nice.
A good place to go after work or for a late evening meal...I do think it is a little pricey for the offerings, $8 for guaco, $10 for two tacos....seemed a little out of line.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Five of us went for lunch Saturday afternoon. There were about a dozen other customers. Drink orders were promply filled and then we were forgotten. We were able to flag down a waitress after 15 minutes to take our food orders and then waited 48 minutes for our food. I got two tiny avocado tacos and a couple spoonfuls of beans. The beans were luke warm and tasteless. The tacos were three bites each with a sliver of avocado on each. Desert was very good. Had difficulty again to get the waitress' attention for our check.