“Yummy Guacamole!”

Dining options: Late Night
North Carolina
“Yummy Guacamole!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Food was great. We ordered chicken tacos and tableside guacamole. Fried plantains were delicous as well. Fun atmosphere with a touch screen on our table to navigate the TV in our booth. It was entertaining taking photos and playing music videos. Staff was friendly and attentive. Festive decor. Great location in Birkdale Village. I will be back!

• Visited November 2012

Charlotte, NC
“Happy and delicious place!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Three friends and I went to Baja after seeing Argo, and we agreed -- we really like it! Two friends had the Grinco Chicken tacos and loved them, perhaps because they asked for the salsa on the side so they could use the right amounts for their taste. I had avocado tacos, yum! We all loved the street corn, ordering it off the cob so it was easy to eat. Finally, a delicious Top-Shelf margarita. Very tasty meal!
The atmosphere is fun, too -- not too loud when we were there and pretty, with colored lights in the ceiling and videos all around. I'm happy with the changes in this convenient location in Birkdale and will go often.

• Visited October 2012
NC
“Soooo Good”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

So refreshing to have somethin other than typical Tex-Mex garbage. Very Flavorful. Great margaritas, decent tequila selection

• Visited September 2012
Huntersville, North Carolina
“Small Portions”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Food tasted great, but the portions were small. Also, they stopped serving the dish that incorporated an entire fish, which was a bummer. Other than that, I would probably still visit because the flavor was on point.

Visited August 2012
Greer, South Carolina
“It's OK”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The only problem I had was the lackluster food. I was not bowled over by the Grinco Chicken tacos. Why? Well, I'm not sure, it was just bland and wasn't to my liking. Hard to put my finger on. I was not impressed w/the fried plantains either, they were a bit soggy for me. I am used to having them cut into medallions and these were quartered, so they weren't quite done enough for me. The flavor was pretty good, the texture and consistency: not so much. I also had a side of the "Wait a Minute" sauce. It was pretty good. Although, if I go back (which I am inclined to do) I will get something w/a little more bite. The server was very thourogh and competent. The draught beer list was pretty good, with several local selections. My friend and I were seated outside, as it was an awesome day to do so. It was early afternoon. So I didn't really get a good look at the interior, but what I saw, was pretty cool. I noticed that they had lights strung around the awning and I'm betting that it gives off a pretty cool ambiance at night. I would give this place another try. Maybe the cook was new/didn't know what they were doing...

• Visited September 2012