“Not so great, getting older”

Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I guess this place was okay, but I had just stayed at a very new RI in Frederick MD the night before and this one definitely looked a lot older and worn compared to the RI the night before. One thing that was frustrating was they locked me out of my room around 1130 am when check out isn't until noon, so I had to go track down a housekeeper to let me in my room to get the rest of my things. It was okay, not great, not awful. The area is very nice though, there is a great shopping village very close by, and I know it is very close to the lake.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank mazeyday

Reviewed August 18, 2010

My grandson (whose 11) and I were traveling this summer; and made reservations at this hotel.
We were alone; and knew no one in the area. Upon arrival, we were welcomed and felt so comfortable and secure.
And no, this wasn't a brand new hotel--but it had been renovated and was clean and most comfortable. The furnishings were very nice.
My grandson's mother is Marriott Platinum (having over 75 nights)-so we are definitely aware of the features of Marriott hotels on all levels.
The main feature of this hotel was the staff-from the front office to housekeeping-they do it all to make things right. And we can't say enough about Mrs. Cynthia, Mrs. Minnie, and Mr. Rodney who did the marvelous cooking. They made us feel like family. We have truly made new friends on this adventure of ours. Mrs. Minnie who became my grandson's buddy even phoned us on her cell when we returned home to make sure we had a safe trip (yes, we had given her our number)--doesn't get sweeter than that.
In all my stays throughout, this is the number one place I would reccommend. They are the best.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We were just looking for an overnight stay on our way south. We were all disappointed in this hotel. The rooms were very small and the walls were paper thin. The staff did not make up the folding couch but instructed us that the sheets were in the closet. The morning breakfast was understocked due to a trucking issue. The one bright spot was Cynthia at the breakfast . She is a sweetheart.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tiredmommy
Reviewed July 19, 2010

One of the first impressions one makes is with the people that answer the phone when making changes to reservations. The person that answered the phone was surly and not helpful. Perhaps she was having a bad day. I chose to call another Marriott number to complete the transaction. They almost lost my business.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 28, 2010

First of all the location of this hotel is perfect -- within a half mile of 77, but not sitting on the freeway, so it's very quiet and has the feel of a lovely country setting (though it's only a 2 minute walk from a busy shopping center). There was a tree right outside our window -- when I woke up in the morning, it felt like a b & b! The room was very spacious (studio suite) for the 3 of us. The main bed was super comfortable and the foldout was fine for my son. The bathroom and kitchen were squeaky clean, and had everything needed to make dinner with the groceries bought nearby . The staff was incredibly friendly, and very helpful: the breakfast lady asked if there was anything else we needed ("this is your home away from home"); a person on the desk staff found my son's camera he'd left in the lobby and called up to our room to let us know, and another lady at the desk helped with the computer that froze while I was attempting to print our boarding passes. I've stayed in a lot of hotels over the years and this was definitely the best experience ever -- felt luxurious at a very reasonable price. I've never been inspired to write a hotel review before, but this place is a gem. Oh, and did I mention they have real butter, half and half, and honey among the usual fake breakfast condiments? And a pool table in the lobby - so fun!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Spacious, clean and a very nice continental breakfast. Cynthia the greeter/breakfast lady was so friendly and accommodating. Too bad we observed a lot of arrogant people who did not appreciate her. The only problems we had was that the pipes in the bathroom made a loud noise every time anyone in the vicinity used the toilet, not just ours, but surrounding rooms...and the idiot who set off his car alarm late at night. Otherwise, it was clean, comfy & a great location near shops & restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2009

This hotel is very nice! We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. It had a full kitchen, small living room, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. All of the staff was very friendly. The breakfast had a lot to offer, but some of the hot food was just so-so. The pool and hot tub were great. The location was nice - away from the main traffic area, but still close drive to shopping, restaurants, etc. There is a grocery store behind the hotel - about 5 minute walk.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntersville
Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman
Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman
Homewood Suites by Hilton Davidson
Candlewood Suites Huntersville
Candlewood Suites Huntersville
#8 of 12 in Huntersville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale

Been to Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman? Share your experiences!