“Very good experience”

Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I booked a block of rooms at the Residence Inn Lake Norman for my wedding in June. It was an easy process and simple for guests to book their room to get the best rate available. The rooms and facilities are very clean and have new furnishings. The pool outside was a lot of fun to hang out at, and they also have a pool room and a large lobby area for additional visiting spaces.

Because I was checking in on guests I was able to see most of the room sizes, from studios to 2 bedroom suites. The studios had enough room for two people on the king bed plus another one or two people on a fold out couch. The one and two bedrooms were nice also because then you could close your sleeping area off from the living area. The 2 bedrooms had timed gas fireplaces which were a really lovely. The breakfast was deluxe for one that is included in the room prices. There are restaurants and stores about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Thank you Residence Inn for providing myself and our wedding guests which such a comfortable experience!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Lauren S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear caxthelm;
Thank you for taking the time to write a response we always love to hear from the people we have be able to help out and enjoyed their stay with us. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed chose us for this very important time in your life and we hope you and your family won't be strangers if they are ever in our area.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Our family of 4 plus my sister and her daughter.This room sleeps 6 adults we split the cost of their lagest room for 2 nights. this large room boasted 2 separate bed rooms and 2 separate bathrooms full kitchen and eating area, even a fire place! hot water was very hot. everything very clean quiet and comfortable. We are Marriott rewards members and try to stay at Marriott hotels whenever possible. Always an excellent stay at a Marriott hotel! We will definately be back when visiting our family again on Lake Norman.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Lauren S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Jennibelle76 we always love to hear feed back from our guests and thank you for taking the time to write this message. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could accommodate you and your family while you were in the beautiful Lake Norman area. Please call again when ever you are on your way into our town and we will be happy to make you a reservation.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel was very clean, staff very friendly. We had an early flight in and I called the hotel and was able to check in early. Traveling with young kids, it was so nice to have the kitchen. The location is perfect, super close to Birkdale Village. My room didn't look like the ones online. We didn't have a kitchen table or separate rooms. It was more like a studio, one big room. The beds were very comfy. Note that dogs are allowed and we heard one barking one night for a few hours. Also, if you pay in advance online for the room, make sure you don't get charged again from the hotel when you leave like we did! When we left we were told that no charges were put on our card but we were really charged for the whole room again. We didn't know until we got our credit card statement the next month. The manager quickly deposited my money back and said it was a mistake. Other than that it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Lauren S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear princesstravel78;
Thank you for your kind words and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the pet friendly issue just for future reference we keep all numbers for pet owners at the desk so if you are ever staying at a Residence inn please call the desk and we can contact the owners. Because our top priority is always that all our guest get to relax and are comfortable during their time with us. I also apologize for the additional charge to your card and I am glad we were able to get that cleared up for you. Please if you are ever in the area again contact me personally and we will insure everything for your stay is taken care of. Thank you for your time and feedback and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I used Marriott points for this room--a wonderful 2 br/2ba room with a fireplace (but since it was June we did not use it). Rooms were spacious, including the kitchen area. Room was very clean and comfortable, mattress was great. Intenet was quick and easy. Front desk AND breakfast staff were friendly and accommodating.
Breakfast was excellent with both creative warmer dishes and healthy options, and the beloved waffle maker. Breakfast attendant was johnny on the spot!
Only a few downsides--room had some wear (bathroom enamel was worn through in some places), and when I was checking in and checking out, the trash was overflowing by the back entrance (which was the entrance suggested to us as it was closer to our room). And when I say overflowing, I mean the actual trash was overflowing and multiple bags of trash were piled around it--had to negotiate around it to get in the door. Also, when we went to use the elevator, there were three housekeeping carts and two linen shelving stations (very large) clustered around the elevator area while four housekeeping staff members were making their plans. Had great difficulty getting into the elevator because of this and not one of the housekeepers attempted to move any of the carts, did not offer to move a cart, nor apologized for the situation. These downsides are very minor and with a little attention can be dealt with quickly and easily (enamel touch up paint, quicker trash removal and a different gathering area for housekeeping staff).
My daughter just moved to the area and I intend this to be my "go-to" housing.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Lauren S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Soccermom844 as we are always excited to hear the feedback from our guests let me start by thanking you for staying with the Residence Inn Lake Norman. I am glad that we have the privilege of being your choice of stay while in the area. I was glad to hear that our staff helped you to enjoy your time in the area as well. As a hotel always trying to find better ways to help our guests I will speak to the staff about new alternatives to the issues you had to better help you and other guests who are coming to the area avoid those same problems. I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay and hopefully if you are ever back in the area you will choose us again.
Thank you for your time and feed back.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great place to stay. Staff was helpful, friendly and very accomodating. Rooms were clean, well appointed and well taken care of. The grounds are well kept and I was able to enjoy the outdoor space as well as the gym. They offer a hot breakfast every day and hot dinner most nights of the week, which was always excellant. I'd highly recommend this hotel for business, family or a get a way. Honestly cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Lauren S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Familyoffive106;
We love to hear the feed back of our valued guests and wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I will pass on your great experience with my staff and let them know how much they helped to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you again for choosing Residence Inn Lake Norman as your hotel of choice when in the Charlotte/Huntersville area.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Thanks for a great experience at your hotel for my extended family! You all were accommodating and we appreciate your help and flxibility with reservations due to travel changes. You provided excellent facilities and service during our 4 night stay. Dining room staff were fabulous as well as housekeeping and front desk service. Nice to have inside and outside gathering space, and the rooms were just right for us. Great location, and great hospitality!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Lauren S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear Diane l;

Let me start by thanking you and your family for choosing to stay with our hotel during this wonderful moment for you and your family. We always try to make each guest feel like they are at home from our welcoming staff to the comfortable rooms. We are so happy you and your family enjoyed your stay and I know our staff loved having you with us. I will share your kind remarks to everyone at our daily huddle, if you are ever in the area again please contact me personally we would love to have you stay again.

Thanks;

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hotel could use a little updating and the price is a little high because it is the only hotel in this area. Which are the reasons why I am giving it a 4 star instead of a 5 star.

That said...It is in a good location close to shopping and entertainment. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We chose it because it was only 1 mile from our friend's home, whom we were in town to visit for just a couple of nights before moving on to a bed and breakfast in Brevard - The Red House Inn (Fabulous!). The price was much higher, by almost $100 per night, than if we would have gone 10 miles up the road. We chose convenience over price since we had some certificates we could redeem.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lauren S, General Manager at Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you KPMinnesota for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent visit with us here at Residence Inn Lake Norman. We appreciate and value all guest feedback as it helps us to only better our hotel and help enhance the guest experience. I will be happy to share your kind words with our staff. If you are ever in the area visiting friends again, we hope that you choose to stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntersville
Courtyard by Marriott Charlotte Lake Norman
Candlewood Suites Huntersville
Candlewood Suites Huntersville
#8 of 12 in Huntersville
Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale
Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman

Been to Residence Inn Charlotte Lake Norman? Share your experiences!