New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Lexington, North Carolina
“Very Comfortable and Close to Everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Huntersville last week 4-15 through 4-19 for a Housing class I was taking in the hotels conference area. We were very satisified with our room. It was very spacious and I loved having the seperated living and bedroom area. The room was well stocked and comfortable. Housekeeping is definitely doing a wonderful job because my room was spotless and thoroughly cleaned. The towels are big and fluffy. There is good water pressure. The breakfast has a lot to offer, and all the little extras that make you feel like you are at home (especially those amazing belgian waffles with strawberry and whipped cream mmmmm). All the staff I encountered were amazing and friendly. The cookies in the lobby made me smile :-) I was very happy with my room, the property, and all the staff. This hotel was very accomodating to our group and we were all able to relax and focus on our class. Way to go Country Inn and Suites for such First Class Service and Hotel! If Im ever back in Huntersville, this is the first place Im checking in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank berrysweetncgurl
Jane B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the property, and the ease of attending your conference at the same location you were staying. Your positive feedback will be passed on to our staff. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

After long 10 hr drive with husband and family we tried to check in to our room that we booked through Expedia. It turned out the there was some kind of "glitch" where our room never got booked even though we had a confirmation number. The staff offered zero help with assisting us with our problem- they simply told us they were booked. At this time, the front desk was dealing with many other disappointed customers as well. Indoor pool was under construction-even though it advertised it as an amenity.

Stayed March 2013
Jane B, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We apologize for the inconvenience that you suffered with your guest room booking at our hotel. We do work closely with third party providers, such as Expedia to ensure that all reservations made through their systems are received by our property. We apologize that your reservation was not available. We missed out on having you as our guest on this trip, but ask that you would give us another chance on your next visit to our area.
Our swimming pool is currently under repair. This is notated on our brand and all other web booking sites so you should have been made aware of this at the time of booking. We are working hard to quickly repair the pool equipment so that we can offer this wonderful amenity for our guests to enjoy.
Thank you for your feedback. We will use this feedback as we continue to improve our guest service and hotel satisfaction ratings.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Staff was very welcoming. Room fit our family of 5 perfectly. Be sure to stop at a State welcome center and get the hotel coupon guide for some real savings. Our boys (11, 9 & 7) love the breakfast. Room was clean and the pull out couch made sleeping very comfortable. Close to 77 for easy on and off.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lake Toxaway, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I decided to stay at Country Suites because of a recommendation of a friend. I was very impressed and will stay here again.

I received a warm greeting when I walked in, and was asked when passing the front desk if my room met my approval!

The hotel was very clean, the room was nice, and the sheets smelled so fresh.

I will be in the area in the future on business again and can't wait to stay with Country Suites again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeremy R
Brooklyn NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Excellent quality for the cost, Clean room & comfortable bed. Water pressure in shower was good.
A/C-heating unit a little loud. Free breakfast was ok. Plenty of options to eat.
Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BrooklynTravel09
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night. Location is great, easy access to highway and restaurants. Breakfast is good. They have pancake with many toppings, fruits, yogurt, and waffle. They upgraded my room to the suite room so our room had a separate living room with tv, so there are a total of 2 tv's. The only problem I had was with the noise. My room was on the first floor and on the same side as the lobby and parking lot. I was awaken many times at night with the sound of people slamming car door and dragging their suitcase to check in. I glanced at the clock and it was 3 am! I can also hear the guest next door taking a shower in the morning and when their toilet is flushed. I'm not sure if it's for all rooms or if it's only the first floor. If you are a light sleeper I would suggest you request rooms on the floors above or the ones faces the back of the hotel to minimize noises coming from the parking lot.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank ncip
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

The event management team (Vinny) and front dest receptionist (Rachel) were so hospitable and accommodating at this particular location. After a VERY troubling experience at the Holiday Inn Huntersville/Birkdale (don't go here!!!), just down the road, I was in dire need of a banquet room at the very last minute to conduct my makeup class. The Country Inn Suites welcomed me with open arms and their venue was perfect. It was clean, well lit, easy to get to, and they didn't charge me an arm and a leg because they knew I needed a space. The team followed up with my stay and offered me a tour of the location on a future trip. Vinny is a sweetheart and so is Rachel, so if you ever need anything ask for them. They should definitely be considered for promotion for going above and beyond to please the customer. I will be staying here next time I am in the area and will tell everyone about my amazing experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business