Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Williamston, North Carolina
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed Nov. 2and Nov.3,2012. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. The hotel was easy to find and close to shopping and restaurants. We were there for the Renaissance Festival and it was easy to find from where we were staying. They were booked and I was a little worried that it would be noisy and chaotic, but I was pleasantly surprised how well the staff kept everything in order. Breakfast was good but they had a little trouble with the pancake maker. The breakfast host was very nice. After she fixed the pancake maker she actually brought me a pancake to my table. How sweet of her to do that when she was so busy.I would recommend this hotel and when we go back next year for the festival we will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Your review means a lot to us and we all thank you. As much as we need to know if we stray off course, we love knowing when things go as they should. Your comments serve as a great motivator to continually deliver the great service our guests should experience every time they visit our hotel. Please know that a brand new pancake machine is on its' way!
We hope all of your travels are safe and pleasant and we look forward to having you visit us again soon.
Thank you.
Debra Schmidt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Will make this my regular stop when on business in the area. Wonderful hotel, restaurants galore, and close enough to the NASCAR team shops to allow quick visits to tour the shops. Even though the hotel is next to I-77, there was no significant noise within the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you! We're very grateful for both your business and for your taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor. We look forward to having you visit us again soon and hope you will take the opportunity to introduce yourselves so that we may thank you in person. Happy & Safe Travels!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed October 30, 2012

First I would like to start off with the good: The hotel itself was great. The room was very clean upon check in. It was also very spacious. The bed was very comfortable and it also had a little couch and work desk. That was a plus. The breakfest was small but good. It is complimentary so you can't expect a lot. The location is perfect. It is right off the interstate so access to it is very simple. It is 30 minutes outside of downtown Charlotte so if you are planning to go into the city but don't want to deal with the busyness of the city then this area is the place you want to be.

Now for the bad: The service from the front desk was absolutely horrendous. If you are not a Priority Club Platinum Member or a business man in a suit you will not get good service. When I arrived I was not greeted with a smile, a hello how was your trip, not a welcome to Holiday Inn, nothing. I have worked in the Hospitality Industry for six years and I can understand sometimes you just aren't having a good day. So I let it go. The gentleman that worked third shift was no better. I went up to ask him if there were any places that would deliever food to the hotel and I got tossed a piece of paper with some numbers on it (two numbers on the sheet weren't even to the correct place). No suggestions, no smiles, no hows your evening are you enjoying your stay. Just tossed me the paper and went back to whatever he was doing on the computer. Again, I have worked this industry for a long time including night audit and understand that it is a hard shift but come on. By the end of my stay I had come to the conclusion that the front desk staff really didn't care about anything but their next pay check. I was even drinking water out of the sink in my room rather than going down to buy a water from the snack shop. If the staff doesn't change I don't think I would EVER stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CTE843
We'd like very much to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience during your recent visit. We appreciate your compliments about our hotel and take your criticisms concerning our service very seriously. Please be assured that this is not our usual standard of guest service. We're very sorry that you didn't experience either a warm welcome or more helpful assistance during your visit. Should you wish to share the date of your visit it would be very beneficial to us in reinforcing those specific areas where our service standards failed to meet your expectations.
We sincerely hope you will visit us again and allow us the opportunity to extend the level of guest service that each and every one of our guests deserve.
Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Hotel staff is friendly and very helpful. The hotel is in very good shape, always very clean and everything was in good working condition. The staff was a big plus. The property is quite and tucked off the busy street with easy access to I-77 and all the local shops. Getting to the hotel on the other hand is not easy as no left turns are permitted and you find yourself looping through a mall parking lo to get to a road to access the hotel. This was the only negative.

I'd suggest that the work out room get updated and replace the equipment as they are wore out.

Overall, great hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel on your last visit. We appreciate your compliments, concerns and your business. Granted, the new traffic pattern can be challenging as we learn the new course. It's similar to the cloverleaf concept found at on/off ramps on interstate highways. The idea was to alleviate back-up on I-77 at Exit 25, our exit.
Regarding your suggestion about replacing our fitness equipment, please contact us directly if you would. We installed all brand new equipment barely 6 weeks ago to include 2 new treadmills, an elliptical machine and a recumbant exercycle. Should you have encountered a problem with any of the equipment please let us know what specific issues you may have experienced. We want you to enjoy a good workout on good equipment.
Again, we appreciate your comments and your time in submitting them to TripAdvisor. Should your travels find you tihs way again, we would love to thank you in person.
Delaware, OH
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We checked out of the Inn next door and came over to Holiday in Express, which met and exceeded our hopes after a not so good experience at the Quality Inn right next door. The front desk staff, particularly Debra was.....very kind and accommodating.

Room Tip: We stayed right near the front desk. It was just fine.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DelawareFolks
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you! We appreciate your sharing your experience at our hotel and with our staff. You can always count on Debra and all of our staff to welcome you with an abundance of Southern Hospitality. Your business is appreciated and your comments are always welcome. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have used this hotel several times in the past year, and continue to use the location today. the location, staff, rooms, and rate are all great. The team will bend over backwards to take care of their customers. Debra in sales is an excellent asset to the team, and makes my transactions and stays seamless. My hotel of choice in the Huntersville/Mooresville area. Plenty to eat around the location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt H
hiexbirkdale, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you! How nice of you to take the time to write a review of our hotel. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and we're delighted that you 've enjoyed the accommodations and level of service you deserve. Your experience is of upmost importance to us because it's the mainstay of our business. In the hospitality industry a great guest experience means good business. We always strive for that and thank you for letting us know when we're heading in the right direction!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We frequently travel between Florida and Pennsylvania and find ourselves staying in the area north of Charlotte overnight. We have stayed, unfortunately, is some real dumps, but this was certainly not one of the them. If fact it was a very pleasant surprise.

From the time we called from around Columbia, SC to book our rooom withTiara until the time we left,we were treated very warmly and professionally. When I call I had asked for a ground room as we had bikes we didn't want to leave on the car over night. Tiara had a very spacious room ready for us, enrolled us is a Holiday Inn Special package, honored without a hastle our AARP rate, and offered us a free appetizer at a nearby restaurant 231 Main St., which was quite nice and a bit above the TGI Friday Outback Steakhouse places.

Our room was spacious, clean, quiet,equipped with refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave and sitting area. While I know you can pay somewhat less in the area, for $ 99.00 including all taxes and a decent breakfast, I thought it was a good choice and will return when I am in the area again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you! We are very fortunate to have Tiara with us and she will be delighted that you enjoyed her caring customer service. We're equally as fortunate to have guests like yourselves who take the time to let us know when you've enjoyed great service! Your feedback is very important. We look forward to having you visit us again as you travel between Florida and Pennsylvania so that we may thank you in person.