“Nicely appointed room”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Nicely appointed room”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Decent price, good location & well appointed room. Towels softer than normal for the room price. Large fridge, a stove, microwave, dishwasher and dishes. No free breakfast but we were able to prepare breakfast in the room. Quiet room location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
lkncandlewoodsales, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Ponchy6567,

Thank you for choosing our Candlewood Suites as "Your home away from home" I was very excited to hear the positive feedback about your stay. I apologize for the delay in responded, we have implemented new procedures to great shorten our response time. We truly appreciate all feedback and are especially pleased when our guests experience is great! Our property team works really diligently to make sure every experience is unique and wonderful. So thank you again for your feedback and welcome to the Candlewood Suites Family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I want to preface this review stating the fact that this is my first "extended stay in a hotel". We were there 16 while our house was finished. Like most extended stays there is not lobby to speak of. When we checked in we were put in a room that had a horrible moth ball type smell. We were than switched to the 3rd floor which had a strong smell of smoke in the hall way when it is supposed to be a smoke free floor. The suites are small and not updated, this gives a general feel of uncleanliness even if the rooms may be clean. My wife and kids all developed alergies while in the hotel and were constantly stuffy. It dissapeared the day after we left. I think i did not have problems due to how much time I spend in hotels. There is a pull out bed and separate bedroom, microwave, dishwasher, and two flat screen TV's.
There is only once per week service and I was given no direction on how to get new towels and what to do with accumulating trash. It appeared nobody else knew either because trash was set in the hall way and stuffed in the stair wells (which i frequented to let our dog out). I finally found out that you took the trash to the office (Really?) and you got towels from the office, but only one for one on what you brought down.
A good thing is that they provide free use of washers and dryers and have a small reasonably priced snack room that is on the honor system. They also have free coffee. I realize that most of the clientelle at the hotel seemed to be out of town construction or utility contractors by the presence of a sea of white pick-ups in the parking lot. Tatiana was nice and helpful.
The hotel is in a pretty good area with easy access to several restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Brianm99
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Brianm99,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

not much here, old & tired rooms. Fitness center rundown. Rooms had furniture soo old i thought i was stuck in the 80's. Elevator extremely slow. Friendly checkin and checkout. Heavy traffic area, if you are using I-77 better leave very early.

• Stayed August 2013
Mandi2457, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you so much Bigmook!

We appreciate you choosing the Candlewood Suites Huntersville for your previous stay in Huntersville, NC. I'm sorry that we dropped the ball and did not live up to expectations, and that is disappointing! Management agrees with you; our rooms are in need of a few upgrades! I'm proud to say this fall we are implementing a new bedding package; including bed skirts, comforters, pillows, and sheets! The whole package! Also, our furniture is getting a facelift too! New desk chairs and new table chairs have been ordered to coordinate with our new bedding package! We are very excited for these new arrivals this Fall 2013! Future projects will include but are not limited to, updating all our appliances in 2014/2015!

Again, thank you for your honest and valued opinion. It is because of courageous guests such as you, who give us the support to propose for new upgrades! I hope you give us an opportunity to change your opinion again this spring!

Have a wonderful holiday season!

The Villages, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2013

From the minute I entered this hotel, I knew it was a mistake
When I asked why the clerk needed my credit card, she responded that it was needed to cover the room damages...I am a senior citizen whose wild party days ended 40 years ago. Very insulting

The bath tub had black hair in it, I am blond.
Floor was not vacuumed

Room Tip: Good rooms are not here
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mandi2457, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello Mrs. Petruchka,

Thank you for your review of our property! I apologize for the lack in accommodations that you found during your stay. We appreciate your honest review, and empathize with you in regards to the insult that you felt upon check in. Unfortunately, our front desk agent mis-spoke. The credit card to put on file is for incidental charges that you may accumulate during your stay. This can be for any number of things ranging from snacks and drinks from our Candlewood Cupboard to items you may want to purchase from us upon departure (I.E. Our soft pillows, duvet, dishes, pots and pans, etc). Since many of the items are provided on our Candlewood Honor System, we do ask for a credit card to put on file for any incidentals. While I fully believe that you are a trustworthy and honorable guest, we must uphold the same policies and procedures for everyone to ensure equal treatment. To keep from any instances of discrimination, we ask our front desk to obtain a credit card from all our guests; no matter age, race, gender, etc. I hope that helps to explain the true reason for the request from our front desk agent, and ease the hurt you felt at check in. Sometimes, with new front desk agents, they get a bit flustered with unexpected objections and we use experiences such as yours as a training opportunity. we will be using your experience in our next staff meeting, as this will help guide our front desk agents on the appropriate response to these questions moving forward! Thank you for being honest and sharing. It is guests such as yourself that help us to obtain even better customer service!

We hope if you are ever in the area that you will give us an opportunity to change your opinion!

Enjoy your fall season!

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We arrived, checked our room, went to turn up the air conditioner and the carpet was soaked from the leaking air conditioner. Called the front desk and they immediately moved us to a different room. They offered the option of 2 different rooms but we accepted the first one offered. The manager checked it out first before bringing us the room keys to make sure that it was in optimal condition.
The kitchen suite was really nice, fully stocked with dishes, pans etc., stove top, microwave, and dishwasher.
The ice maker didn't work. When I told the maintenance man he said that he would come check on it but he never showed up.

The washer and dryers were free, but you had to buy your own soap and fabric softener from the hotel store.

The rest of the staff were friendly.

If you join the Carlson Hotels membership (free) before you book your stay, you can get a better rate than with the other online booking sites.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandi2457, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you K R for your very honest review of our property here at the Candlewood Suites Huntersville! We appreciate your feedback, as it assists us to constantly improve and reminds us to always stay on our toes!

First, I want to apologize for the inconvenience of having to move rooms upon your arrival. We try to catch these issues before they occur; however, sometimes, A/C units can give us troubles in the summer months. We have implemented a new inspection process for our maintenance engineer; as well as, our housekeeping staff, so that we may keep situations like this from occuring in the future! Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

We are thrilled that you found our unique amenities beneficial, and that you highlighted them here. Candlewood Suites as a Brand likes to stand out from the crowd when it comes to accommodations. Our fully equipped kitchens and on-site laundry are two key amenities that we offer our guests complimentary. We want you to feel at home, and for things to be as comfortable as if you were walking into your own home!

Again, Thank you so very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful, and we hope to continue to grow and improve so that you will find our hotel to be the best of the best upon your return!

Please remember, our loyal IHG Reward members can find discounted rates and offers online! Call the hotel directly for details!

Until we see you again, please take care!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The third floor is a smoking floor and it smells very strongly of smoke so I don't recommend that floor if you are a non-smoker. There is complimentary coffee but no free breakfast foods at all (they do have a small selection of items for purchase). My sheets were stained so I had to have them changed. 1 out of 3 mornings they forgot to give me my wake-up call. The hotel is very quiet and the pillows were among the most comfortable I've ever experienced at a hotel. The staff are friendly and they do provide free newspapers. There is a small exercise room and a free laundry room.

Room Tip: Do not book a room on the third floor if you are not a smoker!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jenny T
Mandi2457, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you Jenny T for your review! We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us moving forward with our customer service and training.

First, I want to apologize for the lack in accommodations that you found during your most recent stay. While our third floor does have a wing that allows for smoking rooms, we understand some guests are more sensitive to the lingering odor in our hallways, and moving forward will make sure anyone arriving to the third floor will be aware of this and have the opportunity to move to a lower floor. Second, we take cleanliness seriously, and upon hearing you had stained sheets, took action. We have hired additional staff to assist in the cleaning of our rooms, have a new stained linen process to help with removal, and have begun hands on training as of this week. We hope this error never occurs again in the future, and we thank you for bringing it to our attention!

With the wake up calls, I sincerely do apologize. Our phone system does not allow for us to set wake up calls for more than one day at a time. We really wish it did!! We are currently discussing possible new methods for applying a wake up call sheet at the front desk for our extended stay guests. This is something we are testing at this time, and hope it helps this oversight from occurring in the future.

Unfortunately, Candlewood Suites as a brand does not offer a complimentary breakfast. The brand idea is simplicity and feeling like your in the comforts of your own home. Our Candlewood Cupboard is there to assist guests in items they may need for personal preparation in their rooms. We hope that you found our Cupboard worth while, and if there were any items that you would like to see added, please let us know! We are constantly updating our inventory to fit our guests needs! If more breakfast items are needed, we will add them!!

Again, Thank you so very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful, and we hope to continue to grow and improve so that you will find our hotel to be the best of the best moving forward. We hope to see you back again, and to have the opportunity to change your opinion!

Candlewood Suites Huntersville
dublin, NH
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hoe,l is right off 77.nice room with queen bed big chair desk and effeciency kitchen.fullfridg,e,microwave, dishwasher,small stove. Ice maker in fridge. If you book for 2 there is2 of everything. but small 4cup cheap coffee maker. Room did smell smokey were we arrived and they offered to move us but after AC on for awhile it was ok. Would stay again. Oh bed was soft and comfy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandi2457, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review Granmanh603!!

We appreciate your review of our property here at the Candlewood Suites in Huntersville, NC. It was truly a pleasure reading about your experience. We take our guests opinions very serious, so I wanted to address the issue with the room smell. In regards to the smoky smell, I wanted you to know that we have put in place harsher punishments for those guests who break the rules. For example, If someone smokes in a non-smoking room, we have a penalty fee applied to their method of payment. Also, we will deep clean the room and over night apply an ozone machine to filter the air. This, matched with our new smoke screen air freshener should help us to alleviate the uncomfortable smell that lingers in rooms where guests have smoked in a non-smoking room. So I just wanted to take a moment to say, I'm sorry. We dropped the ball, and we are putting in place the steps to help us deter the situation from happening again!

Otherwise, We enjoy having preferred guests, such as yourself stay with us! You all become like family, even if it's just for one night. We want you to feel at home, while you are away from your home. We will keep striving to be the best!!

Have a wonderful day!