OK. Now this is the 4th time I've been to Huntersville, NC. This time, we let my brother-in-law book our room for us. That's a mistake, not because I don't like my brother-in-law; it's just that he didn't look at the details like I would have.
First, the rooms were clean and pleasant, although uninspired. We were surprised to see that the suites were equipped with queen sized beds. This is posted in the online information, but I didn't see that. My wife and I are used to the room of a king, so I decided to sleep on the sleeper-sofa. Now, I've slept on sofa beds before, but this was probably the worst mattresses I've ever seen. Crackers are thicker! And the springs didn't support me at all. I'm not a big guy, but my back hurt after one night on it.
The heat in the room was not controlled by a central thermostat, although there is one in there. The thermostat doesn't control anything. There are 2 wall units, one in each room. The knobs don't work well, and it was difficult to control the temperature.
Another feature we had hoped to see was free breakfast. Again, my brother-in-law didn't look for that; It's my fault because I should have seen it before we allowed it to be booked. The food you could buy was...not the best. And the cost was way too high. I should mention that our suite had a small kitchen and there is a Food Lion across the street if you are of a mind to cook for yourself. Coffee, however, was free (such that it was).
Perhaps the biggest surprise was the no housekeeping. They didn't make up the room; they didn't change the towels. Now, I don't expect the room to be perfect, but no housekeeping was too much. We were told to get extra towels from the front. But the used towels were in the hallway. That's gross.
The shower was a wrap-around. Not that it isn't clean, but it is cheap. The bathroom sink faucet leaked.
Many of these things I should have known beforehand, but I didn't check. That's my fault, but I definitely won't be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether coming to Huntersville- Lake Norman for business or just for fun your room at the Candlewood Suites is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as high-speed Internet, work center, resort quality towels, and luxurious bedding mean every night is a great night and every day starts right. Enjoy a night of entertainment in your suite with free popcorn and a DVD movie. Spacious, fully equipped suites with amble work space and fully equipped kitchens make for a relaxing stay. Located off I-77, exit 25, in Huntersville, North Carolina, we are 5 minutes from Mickey & Mooch. We are affiliated with several educational facilities including Davidson College, UNCC Huntersville is located within the heart of NASCAR, minutes from Lowe's Motor Speedway, Richard Petty Driving Experience, Michael Waltrip RAcing World & Dale Earnhardt Enterprises. Mooresville, Race City USA within minutes. Convenient to Huntersville Business Park, Ingersoll Rand, Lowe's, Newell Rubbermaid, & the North Lake Mall. Bring your golf clubs and tee off at Birkdale Golf Course or Verdict Ridge Country Club. Visitors enjoy swimming at Mecklenburg Aquatic Club. Outdoor activities in our area include the U.S. National Whitewater Center, Queen's Landing with miniature golf, tennis, summertime bands & Cawtawba River Boat Cruises. Plus, there s great shopping, dining and exciting entertainment at Birkdale Village. Candlewood Suites is your best stay - for a night, week, month or even a year! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Huntersville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Huntersville Hotel Huntersville
- Candlewood Huntersville
- Huntersville Candlewood Suites