“Great hotel.”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We had two rooms. The stay was great. The rooms were very clean and well maintained and the thing that impressed us the most was the geniune kindness of ALL of the staff. I would unquestionably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Charles P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We booked 3 rooms total for ourselves and friends for a total of 9 nights between us. We were in the area for the NASCAR race, so the location was great for us, about 15-20 mins away from the track & Charlotte itself. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful checking us in with rooms specified beforehand. The rooms were basic with a SMALL bathroom but we have stayed at Sleep Inns before and they are consistent with the layout. Clean rooms with decent beds. Only problem was that the last night of all of our stays,ALL of our key cards had been decoded so we couldn't get into our rooms. The front desk did take care of the issue but it was a little inconvenient to park in the back and have to go all around to the front entrance, then up to our rooms before realizing the cards wouldn't work at all. A few food places close by, along with stores close. Right off the highway which is convenient. Nice breakfast in the lobby with good variety of food included in room rate,such as waffles,cereal,juices,pastries. The cleaning staff were not friendly.Overall, definitely worth the rate.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank TTS3
Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Our company makes our reservations and they aren't always acceptable! So after reading reviews I got nervous....but no worries the rooms are clean, beds comfy, and the staff has been so amiable and helpful! The only complaint is an occasional scent of smoke that perhaps comes from a smoking room on the 1st floor, but it's faint.

Room Tip: Good value for race weekends!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Mandeemariee
Wilmington, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed at this motel about 5 times so far. Upon arrival I knew something was different. First small sign, their small buttler beside the stairs who always held the newspapers was gone. Okay, its just a small detail, some nice decoration, but it was always there and when I asked the front desk staff I was told, they were asked all the time from return visitors. So it wasn't just me, who recogniced it! I was told, that management changed and that the little guy belonged to the old manager who took him with him when he left. The rooms were pretty much the same as always, good size, shower instead of bath tub, refrigerator, microwave. But the little MORE I always felt when staying here was missing. The cleanliness and maintenance of everything was just okay but nothing special anymore. I considered breakfast at this motel once special with many options, some were already missing this time. But the front desk staff is still very friendly and helpful, they appear to be the only positive thing left here. I now I will be in the area next summer, but I'm really not sure I will stay here again. I prefer having my good old memories of this motel (which was always one of my favorites on my summer trip), instead of seeing further changes and shortcomings.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Voyager2190
usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very easy to find as you could see it from I-77 exit. Clerk was efficient and provided helpful information.

Room fronted parking lot and was on the first floor. It had kind of a cleaning liquid odor so we opened the window and aired it out a bit. Didn't hear any noise from the highway or neighbors. You could hear people in the parking lot but that wasn't an issue.

Beds comfortable. Bathroom is typical Sleep Inn - small but adequate. The shower was actually large enough for 2 people - more of bathtub size. The wood furniture was rather worn on the edges but that wasn't an issue for us. Bedding seemed new and clean.

Breakfast area was clean and adequately stocked when I went to it at 6:30 a.m.

Good deal for price I paid. Would stay again.

Good Mexican restaurant (La Unica) is right across the highway in the Food Lion shopping center.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank vapersecutor
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Very clean place and great deal for the price. Plenty of space in our room. Man at front desk very kind, breakfast good. I enjoy staying at Sleep Inns and will continue to stay at Sleep Inn.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

My first time staying at a Sleep Inn. Was driving from Michigan to Florida and stayed here after a day of driving. Hotel, in general, and my room, in particular, was clean. Comfortable bed with several smaller sized pillows provided. Very small bathroom with shower only, which is ok with me. Breakfast provided was typical with rolls, cereal, juice, etc. There was several restaurants nearby for dinner, Overall was a good place to spend the night while on the road.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo