“Problem not resolved as I would have expected from Hampton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Henrietta
“Problem not resolved as I would have expected from Hampton”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We have never been in a motel room where the shower did not work, no matter how much we have paid. We certainly never expected this to happen at a Hampton Inn. We could have found many less expensive motels in the area, but paid the extra, relying on the reputation of Hampton in our minds as not having to worry about any problems whatsoever. When we checked out that morning, it was clear that the front desk attendant knew of our problem, because he had arranged for us to have a key brought to us so that we could use the shower across the hall, as that room happened to be vacant. We were almost sure that he would offer us some type of reduction in the cost of the room, if not a free night for the inconvenience we experienced. I guess he felt that since he had addressed the issue, that there was no reason to offer us a discount or reduced rate of any kind. We were disappointed by that, but also did not demand a reduction either. I suggested that any time a situation like this occurs, that the staff at least offer a discount or reduced rate of some kind (say 50% or more), if not a free night altogether (either the night just stayed or a future free night). If this had occurred, it would have once again reaffirmed our confidence in Hampton Inns.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I'm so sorry for the issues you encountered during your stay and that we weren't able to resolve them to your complete satisfaction - we will certainly discuss your review with our staff so we can improve service in the future. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me at the number below if you would like to discuss further. Thank you for the review and again I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience.

(434) 822-2161

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here after a long 10 hour drive. Price was reasonable- 140.00. Worth it.
The lobby at Hampton Inn was beautiful, nicely decorated. We stayed in a suite. There was a pull out couch for the kids with a comfortable mattress. The room was large. The king bed was very comfortable and duvet and sheets were clean and cozy. I slept very well here! The hallways were quiet even though the hotel appeared to be booked. The coffee was excellent. Breakfast was great also- we sat at a large island with high stools. The dining room also had many tables- plenty of room. Nice area with many dining and retail choices nearby. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed March 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear cindinks,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I know how important it is to be able to relax after such a long drive, so I'm really pleased that you found us so comfortable and clean and could take advantage of some of our other amenities as well. Thanks again and we hope to see you the next time you're in Huntersville!

Purcellville, Virginia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Queen suites very nicely appointed and clean, leaving ample room for our family of 5. Bathroom very functional with sink outside of shower/bath. Lobby was very nice and breakfast area had enough room, where many are crowded. Food was very good as was service. Recommend highly.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator were very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear KimberlyM64,

Thanks for reviewing our Hampton Inn & Suites. I'm glad you and your family were able to try out one of our spacious suites and enjoyed it as much as you did. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Middletown, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have family in the area and have stayed here before. The rooms are very nice, spacious, spotless although this stay when I returned to my room at 330 on a sunday it had not been cleaned even though i saw the cleaning staff that morning on my floor so it never got done; The staff are very nice; the hotel is in an excellent location. The breakfast was fine but I have stayed in many other Hampton Inns-most recently in Charleston where there is cook-to-order; newspapers even to purchase would be great. Also with no blackout curtains the lights from the fast food restaurants oin front shine in all night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear sachuest48,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you staying with us on multiple occasions and are really happy you enjoyed our service and amenities enough to visit again! I would like to apologize that your room wasn't cleaned that day and will pass your feedback on so we can improve our housekeeping, and we appreciate your other feedback as well. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you on your next trip to Huntersville.

New Baltimore
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed here after a twelve hour drive, with three children ranging in age from 3-6. We can't say enough great things about this beautiful, immaculate hotel. The hotel is about two miles off the expressway but well worth the two mile drive. The beds were very comfortable, sheets and duvets are laundered everyday for every guest. The breakfast in the morning was excellent. We will be staying here again!! I highly recommend it and I am a clean freak!!

• Stayed March 2013
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear niccimouse,

I know that such a long day driving can be tiring and stressful so I'm really happy that you were able to unwind at our hotel. I'm also pleased to read that you enjoyed our breakfast so much and that we were able to meet your high standards for cleanliness. Thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Smiths Falls
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Florida from Canada. What a great place! The staff are polite and helpful, the rooms are nicely decorated, immaculate and the beds are very comfortable. The breakfast had a good selection, lots of variety and was plentiful! The price as well, was very reasonable. I would definitely stay here again. We didn't have a reservation because we weren't sure how far we would make it in the drive that day, but they were very accommodating and we were checked in very quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Kimberly M,

Thanks so much for choosing us and I hope you enjoyed your cross-country trip! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and I'm happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the variety of our complimentary breakfast. Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you're in the area!

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We recently stayed here for two nights. I read reviews before I chose this place. Hampton Inn met all of our expectations and more. Though it is a big place, we found it quiet and easy to maneuver. It is absolutely spotless, and all staff was extremely polite. The breakfast was as fine as we have ever encountered! The Inn Is up to date, wireless, great tv, and the bed was comfortable. Thank you other reviewers for helping me chose Hampton Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Happyaml,

Thank you for your review of our hotel - I'm glad that you chose us based on our other reviews and found your stay just as comfortable and clean as you hoped! Also, we're glad you enjoyed our breakfast so much. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit to Huntersville!

Daly Seven, Inc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntersville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lake Norman
Comfort Suites Lake Norman - Huntersville
Best Western Plus Huntersville Inn & Suites Near Lake Norman
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Huntersville-Birkdale
Drury Inn & Suites Charlotte Northlake
Hampton Inn Charlotte North/Lake Norman

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Huntersville? Share your experiences!