“Average but staff needs retrained!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Average but staff needs retrained!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family stayed at this Comfort Suites in Huntersville, NC January 18-21st. It is a newer hotel and everything was clean and neat upon our arrival. Check in was easy. Breakfast was your usual continental breakfast, eggs, meat, bagels, cereal, fruit, coffee, milk, juice. All pretty standard, which was fine. But the front desk staff wasn't all that friendly. The only one that said "Hello" when we would enter was the manager, which I thought that was odd.
The night shift front desk clerk was totally inappropriate, he was a younger guy, but he came outside while my sister in law was smoking a cigarette and talking on the phone to her mother, and asked her if she was smoking a "blunt"! I really could not believe that! We were leaving the next morning, otherwise I would have checked out and gone elsewhere based upon that last statement.
I'm giving it 3 stars, because it is a clean hotel but the staff obviously needs to be retrained, asking a guest if they are smoking "blunt" is definitely not acceptable behavior and if he were my employee he wouldn't be after that! Maybe drug testing your employees would be something to consider!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank 4BEACHLOVERS
Savi S, Manager at Comfort Suites Lake Norman - Huntersville, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I do apologize for it taking awhile to respond to your review. We would like to first off thank you for your business. Also, we would like you to know that we take all complaints and concerns seriously and try our best to correct the problem. Since you stayed with us last we have restaffed and have spent more time taking care of our customers needs. We would like the opportunity to have you at our hotel again in the future to correct the issues that you had before. Once again thank you for your business and we hope to see you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Saint John, NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stopped here while driving back to Canada. My husband and I were having car trouble and talked about it in the morning to two lovely ladies working the front desk. By the time we finished breakfast, went to our room and came right back to check out, one of the ladies had called the local car dealership, talked to their service manager and made arrangements for them to fit us in for repairs! This wonderful woman (I regret that we did not get her name) also saved us from backtracking to a dealership on the other side of Charlotte because she knew that a new dealership had opened recently within 10 minutes of the hotel. WOW. We still talk about what great service we received that day. Oh, did I also mention that the hotel is beautiful, sparkling clean and a great price? I can't say enough good things about the Comfort Suites in Huntersville, NC.

Aylmer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Newer hotel with great rooms and amenities. Microwave and fridge in the room. Pool, hot tub and free breakfast each morning. Staff was very friendly. Hotel was clean. Some restaurants and shopping nearby. Central to many Nascar race shops.

2 Thank John W
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

First of all, my husband and I were looking for a cozy spot, that was peaceful, reasonably priced and clean! But little did we know that on top of the great environment, the upgraded clean rooms, and the serenity....THE SERVICE WOULD BE OFF THE CHARTS! The front desk clerk Sean was amazing! Not only to my husband and I, but to every customer that he encountered. The personal service that he gave was naturally, and genuinely essential to the exceptional stay we had in Huntersville! The beds were comfy, the breakfast was great, and the hot tub was very relaxing and clean. I picked up a card just so I could complement the hotel General Manager Savi on the great job that she has done with the overall atmosphere and amenities of this hotel. Thanks Sean for the best customer service EVER! We will definitely refer people here and come back at our first opportunity:-) :-) :-)

1 Thank Ericka C
I know that it has been awhile since you left us such great review but I would like to take a moment and say THANK YOU! We truly do appreciate all of your nice words and remarks. As a hotel we strive hard to take care of and please each and every guest. We are very pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you again and we would love to have you stay with us again in the future.
Woodbridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here one night and liked this very new property right off interstate 77. Close to many attractions including a nice outdoor shopping district and Micheal Waltrip Racing close by as well as other race shops like Joe Gibbs. Young man working at counter was very helpful and answered all my questions. The night I stayed there were some free drinks including beer offered by the hotel as a managers welcome. Plenty of parking and the room I stayed in was very large. No real cons but the main road leading out of the hotel can be busy with morning/evening commuters.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank hotelforfun
Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The beds were soft, room was cozy and the staff was exceptionally helpful, will stay here every time I'm in town. The decor is beautiful and not overdone. The temperature was easy to adjust. I enjoyed the fact it has a microwave and refridge in the room very accommodating if you have leftovers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kris L
Topsail Island, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stay at this hotel generally 2 or 4 nights per month. I cannot rave enough about this hotel; it is one of my top 2 hotels within the 3 states that I travel weekly. Management and staff from front desk to housekeeping are very polite and courteous and they want your business. The general manager Savi, and Leigh, as well as the rest of the front desk staff and management always assure that my stay is as pleasant as each one before. If I am anywhere even remotely close to Charlotte this is where I stay. The hotel is conveniently located with lots of places to eat nearby as well as a nice Harris Teeter just down the road. The hotel has a nice gym with a weight machine and cardio equipment and also a nice indoor pool. The hotel is fairly new so everything is crisp and clean. The beds sleep great and the showers are always hot. The furniture in the rooms are plush and comfortable and a nice big flat screen TV with Cable and HBO. Not only is this one of my favorite places to stay but the rates are generally always less than any of the other Comfort Suites or Holiday inns I usually stay with. Throughout the week they have a manager’s reception in the evening with free food and beverages including beer and wine. They normally bring in Jets pizza ( my favorite pizza place, better than Howies!) as well as other local restaurant food. You cannot go wrong at this hotel and they will always have my business.

Room Tip: They are all good! If you have to stay in a handicap room, dont fret, its huge!