“good stay off interstate 77”

Comfort Suites Lake Norman - Huntersville
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Huntersville
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here one night and liked this very new property right off interstate 77. Close to many attractions including a nice outdoor shopping district and Micheal Waltrip Racing close by as well as other race shops like Joe Gibbs. Young man working at counter was very helpful and answered all my questions. The night I stayed there were some free drinks including beer offered by the hotel as a managers welcome. Plenty of parking and the room I stayed in was very large. No real cons but the main road leading out of the hotel can be busy with morning/evening commuters.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hotelforfun
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Lake Norman - Huntersville

Reviewed December 21, 2012

The beds were soft, room was cozy and the staff was exceptionally helpful, will stay here every time I'm in town. The decor is beautiful and not overdone. The temperature was easy to adjust. I enjoyed the fact it has a microwave and refridge in the room very accommodating if you have leftovers.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kris L
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stay at this hotel generally 2 or 4 nights per month. I cannot rave enough about this hotel; it is one of my top 2 hotels within the 3 states that I travel weekly. Management and staff from front desk to housekeeping are very polite and courteous and they want your business. The general manager Savi, and Leigh, as well as the rest of the front desk staff and management always assure that my stay is as pleasant as each one before. If I am anywhere even remotely close to Charlotte this is where I stay. The hotel is conveniently located with lots of places to eat nearby as well as a nice Harris Teeter just down the road. The hotel has a nice gym with a weight machine and cardio equipment and also a nice indoor pool. The hotel is fairly new so everything is crisp and clean. The beds sleep great and the showers are always hot. The furniture in the rooms are plush and comfortable and a nice big flat screen TV with Cable and HBO. Not only is this one of my favorite places to stay but the rates are generally always less than any of the other Comfort Suites or Holiday inns I usually stay with. Throughout the week they have a manager’s reception in the evening with free food and beverages including beer and wine. They normally bring in Jets pizza ( my favorite pizza place, better than Howies!) as well as other local restaurant food. You cannot go wrong at this hotel and they will always have my business.

Room Tip: They are all good! If you have to stay in a handicap room, dont fret, its huge!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravisTompkins
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I loved this hotel, but I had one major issue. I was sharing a room with a coworker and she was NOT listed on the room. I did give her a key card and I had one but one night she went out and lost her key card. She was able to go to the front desk and get another key card by pretending to be me. Although she was staying with me and I had no problem with her getting a key card I do have a problem with the staff giving her a card without calling to verify it was alright for her to have one. So anyone who knew my name and room number could have walked in and asked for a key card and WITHOUT showing any identification they could receive a key card....that scares me. Other than that I had no issues. The room was very nice, the staff was friendly, and the amneties at this hotel are above average. I would stay here again. Managers might need to review security policy with staff. Make sure they check ID before handing out key cards.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The staff here is great and very considerate and understandable. They worked extremely well to accommodate our large group during a very busy weekend, which was Race Weekend and we were not there for the race. The hotel itself is very nice. We return to this hotel year after year for our youth basketball tournament.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a relatively new hotel and it is in great condition. The location is good and easy to access. The rooms were large and comfortable. The breakfast was good. We stayed for the weekend using the 'host hotel' package deal for the Rennaisance Festival. Making the reservation under the package deal was a bit of a hassle. I never did get my confirmation email for two of the three rooms. But, the hotel was very nice and the onsite staff was great. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I travel alot and whenever I am in this area, I never think about where to stay. The staff here is always accomodatiing and go out of there way to make sure my stay is great. The rooms are always clean with great water and coffee in the room as well. The breakfast is fresh and and never tastes frozen or left over. Great fitness room and business center. This place has everything you need when traveling.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been great !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business